• The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostAppuagab, on 18 August 2015 - 03:42 AM, said:

What about Forest Colony SNOW?

+9000

View PostArete, on 18 August 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

Whatever my tier is, I will officially deem it to be Urbantier.

+9000

#183 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 August 2015 - 03:14 PM, said:

Matchmaker will use the average PSR of the pilots in a group.

How will this work with gaining/loosing PSR rank? Will e.g. the PSR gain/loss be smaller in a Group that has lower PSR than yourself, or will it work the same as in a group that has a better average PSR than yourself?

#184 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

well i'm willing to give the new ranking thing a shot though ideally i'd like you to have a different score for each weight class like ELO since my heavy/assault mechs tend to do worse than my medium/lights. don't want to punish the team with my say tier 5 skill level assault mech vs my tier 3 skill medium because the game has me averaged at tier 4 overall.

I think LRM complaints may actually get worse. if the higher the tier the less LRMs get used then all the LRMs will be in (say) tier 4/5 matches instead of spread across them all like before. LRMageddon is back! :)

also going to wait and see what/how the additional parameters (extra "points" for time spent capping for example?) being mixed into the ranking/match score equation before I can say for sure how well it will work for conquest/assault which have the chance to end quicker than expected.

I wouldn't mind being personally able to see my tier listing (or listings if things change and we do get one for each weight- currently not the case) but making them public shall unleash the e-peen "for I am mighty tier 2 lowly tier 5, how dare you post in the thread of my tier 2d awesomness- not that I use an awesome- cause i'm tier 2! your tier 5dness is nothing to me- be off with you!" :)

#185 Angel Devereaux

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:47 AM

I am still curious if we will get to see our rank at some point.

#186 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:55 AM

I think ANY of my mech must be rated personally.

#187 Dodger79

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,552 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 August 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

snowballing is mostly a game mechanics problem than a mm one; then, their idea to divide players by tiers for mm purposes is good too, what i criticize it's their usage of scoring to determine player's rating, it will have a few pretty unpleasant consequences, like it can make the whole gameplay more passive (people will use each other as a mobile armor to secure their score), can kill what we have of the role warfare (not secure enough to play lights), can hurt capping as the alternative way to win in conquest/skirmish, also opens a huge possibilty for trolling intentionally decreasing your and team score

then, they still didn't separate solo and group elo and it's a major flaw too

I really don't get it why players should "play the system" just to get to higher tiers?!? To get stomped some more by _really_ good players? I do not have to "protect" my matchscore or to try to achieve a match score as high as possible just because of the new tier-system. All it does is trying to match mostly equally skilled players against each others to make the matches more fun. Why should i try to abuse it to just to get matched against players i have no chance against?

In the beginning of Starcraft 2 i rushed from bronze to gold by just playing cheesy rush tactics. In gold league that didn't work anymore, my micromanagement was too bad so i went back to silver league, where the matches were challenging and winnable again, also thanks to the new playstyles i got to know in gold. So, in Starcraft 2 the system worked very well for me after a not so good start because the lack of data after just a few matches. And i really think that the new system in MWO deserves the chance to proof its worth.

Honestly, i cannot be worse then now, where every afk'ler gets a high elo as long as his teammates carry him to victory. W/L ist not a good indicator for player's skills, just because 11 others can make up for every mistake a single idiot makes. And, of course, where a good player doesn't stand a chance because his 11 teammates don't no sh*t about the game or how to play it.

#188 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

k, can we have the Tina voting, pls ?

#189 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 August 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Faction Pattern support for the UrbanMech,

Camo Patterns
  • UrbanMech now has support for Faction Patterns

... I don't understand. Urbanmech had support for faction patterns ever since the first day it was released. Here:

Posted Image

#190 Nick Flurry

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 25 posts
  • LocationKanata, ON

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

Changes look promising and hopefully game play will be more balancing.

Though I had a question regarding the action triggers for the tracking system...

"We have also added more action triggers to the tracking system to take into account other types of gameplay aside from just kills and damage done. Actions such as flanking an enemy, using a UAV to spot targets, or using TAG/NARC/BAP to mark targets, are now all part of this formula. These and other actions are weighted in such a way that promotes effective team play."

Where does ECM fit into this? such as use of effectively covering/blanketing units. I personally take a great amount of effort to make sure there's an effective use of ECM coverage and covering my nearby lance mates that require it...being aware of how much coverage there is on the field and what Units could better benefit from it adjusting position accordingly to provide that protection.

#191 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

We need more info on this PSR thing.

Will each of my mechs have its own PSR? You certainly cannot expect a player that usually plays in a DWF to play at the same level in an AWS? Do you? At the very least we should have different PSR per weight class. I am good with assaults and heavies, but I am absolutely horrible with mediums and lights, they are too fast for my own good. I do not think having 1 blanket PSR per player is that good because someone can be really good with one mech then be really bad with another. If they take that bad mech, the game will still treat them as a good player, even though they are now not, instantly making that match unfair.

Will there still be a group and solo queue? This is a must even with the PSR in place. 6+ man groups are just too coordinated and powerful even if they were to get matched up vs similar skilled solo players. Its just not always that easy to get 11 other random people to listen even if you know what call to make. Think about any sport in life, players take years to coordinate/sync up with each other and build a bond/trust between each other. This is something pre-mades have and solo players just simply don't, no matter how good they are.

How is the MM going to work with tiers 1-3? You state that tier 1 will never play against a tier 5, but what about a tier 3? There is still a big gap between those 2 ranks. If there is a 12 man of tier 1's, will the MM still pull tier 3's to play against them? Is there a maximum threshold of gap in between tiers that the MM will look for before making a match? Or is there a potential that 12 tier 1's will get matched up against 12 tier 3's, just because those are the only players available? That seems very wrong and unfair to me. I do not think anyone should have to face a player more than 1 tier above/below them.

Depending on the answers to these questions, I think I am pro this new PSR thing. I like knowing that bad players will never have to face the pros, which can and does happen with the old ELO system.

edit: Also I am very pro showing what tier everyone is. I would love to know where I rank and where the players I am facing rank.

Edited by Wronka, 18 August 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#192 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 August 2015 - 05:55 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/b]

... I don't understand. Urbanmech had support for faction patterns ever since the first day it was released. Here:

Posted Image

thats what comes to my mind also. some misstyping ?

Posted Image

#193 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

Created this, in case it helps anyone...

Posted Image

It's interesting to consider that, in only one of the six possible scenarios, does you PSR go down. This suggests to me there will be 'tier creep' over time ... unless the tier boundaries are dynamically changed with the number of players in each tier.

Edited by Appogee, 18 August 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#194 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

some cool improvements in the patch notes.

another 50 days and I'll be able to play MWO again...
Me:
Posted Image

... damn... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Navid A1, 18 August 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#195 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostNick Flurry, on 18 August 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Changes look promising and hopefully game play will be more balancing.

Though I had a question regarding the action triggers for the tracking system...

"We have also added more action triggers to the tracking system to take into account other types of gameplay aside from just kills and damage done. Actions such as flanking an enemy, using a UAV to spot targets, or using TAG/NARC/BAP to mark targets, are now all part of this formula. These and other actions are weighted in such a way that promotes effective team play."

Where does ECM fit into this? such as use of effectively covering/blanketing units. I personally take a great amount of effort to make sure there's an effective use of ECM coverage and covering my nearby lance mates that require it...being aware of how much coverage there is on the field and what Units could better benefit from it adjusting position accordingly to provide that protection.

Hmm. I could imagine the "counter ECM" points you already earn have increased (or from now on any..) weight for your rating (ELO /PSR). Maybe there will be some reward for covering your mates properly also.

#196 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

I'm a little concerned, it sounds like the new elo will segregate the player base even more? The thing I personally wanted most out of any elo change is more opponents. I see the same names game after game and I really dont like that, it makes the game feel small. I think the system SHOULD place tier 5's on a tier 1's team, but make sure that a tier 5 is on the opposing team too?
How will lowest tier people ever get out of the tier if they cant learn from better players?

And will we be able to see our own tier?

Edited by Axeface, 18 August 2015 - 07:00 AM.

#197 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

We need as system to deal with the cowards hiding and shutting down, running out the map, overheat suicide and serial afkers.

These people are harming the game the most, it will also affect the stats too.

#198 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostImperius, on 18 August 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

Welcome to PSR Hell will be the new saying.

I want to be happy about this but it really seems to fix nothing.

If you're a bad pilot (Tier 5) you'll never face an ace (Tier 1), but if your an ace versing an average team (Tier 3), prepare to get bad pilots.

So it doesn't address the issue of why I'd rather not play. I'm still not in support of a MM that averages the team out.

So if you're T1 or T5, you're OK with just having the MM fail? Because that's your option. Or maybe absurdly long wait times, then matches that start with players who've wandered off to make a sandwich ornjust disconnected out of disgust.

#199 Raubwurst

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostAppogee, on 18 August 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

Created this, in case it helps anyone...

Posted Image

Well I've been wondering what happens in the uncommon event of a drawn? No change regardless of your performance?

#200 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:03 AM

Don't change Frozen City, pls? I'm super cool with the other maps but Frozen City is alot of fun.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users