the CW lobby is broken though...

#282 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:24 PM

Wow, match score is a little different now.

#283 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:34 PM

Patched.

Noted issues.
Mech Select - images now take time to load, before they were instantaneous. Sometimes I can sit there for 3 seconds on avaerage waiting for images to load every time I use Mech Select.
Cockpit - same thing, used to be instant, now there is a several second delay.

New Forest Colony is like a maze among tall rocks. Found a few familiar sights,
- one old start point around H10, second about H6 area.
- found old antenna hill.
- tunnel is gone!
Whole new paths among the rocks.
Despite the minimap giving one impression, the tall rocks have invisible walls on them. I tried a few spots where a jump Mech I had should have climbed higher using rocks shelves and one spot that looked like a coal spill on a slope but I could only go so high before invisible walls blocked me from reaching the really high spots.

Snow version gone?

View PostMalagant, on 18 August 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

I also hope that the rebalance patch is reworking how ecm, active probes, and lrms work. They should work as they do in the TT game. LRM's are direct fire weapons, they only have indirect capabilities with the use of the C3 system iirc. Reading the core rule books might be a good place to start...

C3 has nothing to do with Indirect Fire in MWO or CBT.

View PostNinjah, on 18 August 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

2. Sky lacks details, it's too dull - maybe a few more smoke pillars in the distance, some clouds, a little color variety. Also some islands or mountains in the distance wouldn't hurt.

There's a volcano near D10. If you go into Testing Grounds, you can see the dropships stuck in the sky.

Edited by Wildstreak, 18 August 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#284 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostWindgazer, on 18 August 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

Again with the dumb oversized trees?!?!?!? WTF?!?!? If you want the illusion of running around in a huge ass robot, don't stick us in a forrest that puts the robot back into human-sized scale!!!!! Damn, you ruined the whole idea of the forrest :(

Do you know what Redwoods are? Do you know how BIG they can get?

Here is a hint: Posted Image

...and another:
Posted Image

...and some more:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Nathan K, 18 August 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#285 Bryson MacAefrik

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:48 PM

Dang it! If you're gonna release paint schemes for the urby please give it to us for C-bills! Other than that, a little afraid of the new matchmaking system, don't know why. Everything else looks good, though.

#286 chimmy

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:06 PM

Running into a problem with CW where it goes into the 60 second countdown for a match and does the usual connecting. However, after around 30 seconds it drops back to countdown. Repeat x3 and then lobby is destroyed.

#287 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 August 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Soon™?

It's going to hurt the LRM users or players that use filler damage weapons like MGs and Streaks (and SRMs to a lesser extent). "Filler Damage" is damage that isn't really reflective of actual meaningful damage. Damage is a significant part of how the match score functions... so... have fun!

Next patch... aka not tomorrow.

After 1 year and 7 months with UI 2.0's implementation, I'll have a Droopy-like celebration. Yay...

No one is holding a gun to your head to keep playing the game. If you have such a heartache with it, get out of the game. Minecraft is still available to you, ya whining putz.

I have had many games where kills, and component damaged have come via all of your so called "Filler Weapons" (5 kills, 7 Assists, and 1157 points of damage with a mech that had 3 of the 4 weapons you speak of (LRMs, SRMs, MGs) Seems to me that they are QUITE viable weapons. Maybe you just are not a good enough mech pilot to get proper utility out of them.

Edited by Icebergdx, 18 August 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#288 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 18 August 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

No one is holding a gun to your head to keep playing the game. If you have such a heartache with it, get out of the game. Minecraft is still available to you, ya whining putz.

I have had many games where kills, and component damaged have come via all of your so called "Filler Weapons" (5 kills, 7 Assists, and 1157 points of damage with a mech that had 3 of the 4 weapons you speak of (LRMs, SRMs, MGs) Seems to me that they are QUITE viable weapons. Maybe you just are not a good enough mech pilot to get proper utility out of them.

That's not a reliable way long term.

Mind you, you CAN get good games with them, but that doesn't mean that is the norm.

As one plays and sees better players, the mechs and loadouts are different... and so is the action/reaction of the opfor.

Of course, if you prefer responding through insults, I'm sure that validates your argument.

#289 DERANGEDDM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

OK, I found the Cliffs of Insanity. Now where is the man in black? Screaming eels? ROUS?

#290 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 August 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

That's not a reliable way long term.

Mind you, you CAN get good games with them, but that doesn't mean that is the norm.

As one plays and sees better players, the mechs and loadouts are different... and so is the action/reaction of the opfor.

Of course, if you prefer responding through insults, I'm sure that validates your argument.

Actually, a decent pilot CAN get reliable results, game in and game out, both in groups and solo. I know of several who use those weapons you are bemoaning as "fillers" who routinely run 600+ in all conditions, all maps, and all ranges of teammates and opfor. Again, sounds to me like you just need to be a better pilot, instead of whining about how the game has changes. Life is change. Improvise, adapt, overcome. It ain't just for the Marines, it is a way of life and a fact of life.

#291 Windgazer

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostNathan K, on 18 August 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

Do you know what Redwoods are? Do you know how BIG they can get?

Here is a hint: Posted Image

...and another:

...and some more:

Estimating that the head of a fire-starter is about the same width of an olds-mobile, that makes the big trees in Forrest Colony about twice as big (conservatively) as your redwoods.... Or, in another form of comparison, it makes a firestarter look like a small kid in comparison to the tree. As far as a feeling of 'scale' goes, that doesn't quite give one the feeling of running around in a big robot, more like a powered suit.

It makes forest colony look really pretty, sorta like any other FPS in which you are actually just a suped up human analogue. Where instead it'd be nice if this game would embrace the kind of scenario where it feels like you're actually sitting in a big m*****f****ing robot... River city I think give that feeling of scale in a much more convincing way.

#292 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:38 PM

New matchmaker is awful in these ways. .Takes forever to find a match. Always stuck playing the same people.

#293 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostWindgazer, on 18 August 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

it makes a firestarter look like a small kid in comparison to the tree.

No.... It does not, considering that next to said trees there are other small, mech sized trees.... Like I said im my previous post in reply to your post.

View PostWindgazer, on 18 August 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Estimating that the head of a fire-starter is about the same width of an olds-mobile

NO, you have it all wrong..... Look. Imagine an M1 Abhrams tank - and stand it vertically on it's barrel. A firestarter is only about 1-2 meters taller than that and just as wide! People think mechs are bigger than they really are.
An Atlas is only about 17 meters tall! That is under 2 'abrhams tanks' high. WE are about 1.7 meters tall on average!

______

I just want PGI to know that the new maps scaling has support from me, and I think they are going in the right direction. If they listened to the complaints of amateurs, you, and others who think like you make, then we would have battlemechs stamping on houses. Which would be simply... wrong.

Scaling has always been my main complaint in MWO, and the last experience I had of feeling even remotely like I was in a mech was MW3. These new maps make me feel that and I want them to keep doing what they are doing.

Edited by Axeface, 18 August 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#294 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 18 August 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Actually, a decent pilot CAN get reliable results, game in and game out, both in groups and solo. I know of several who use those weapons you are bemoaning as "fillers" who routinely run 600+ in all conditions, all maps, and all ranges of teammates and opfor. Again, sounds to me like you just need to be a better pilot, instead of whining about how the game has changes. Life is change. Improvise, adapt, overcome. It ain't just for the Marines, it is a way of life and a fact of life.

I don't think you even understand how damage accumulates so easily for a missile boat.

Running a Streakboat doesn't actually make you a good player... it really means you're limited to killing Light mechs with the easiest method possible.

I've played them all, but I don't pretend to think "damage" is the same between a missile boat (of any type) and other weapons that inflate damage, but don't actually kill things efficiently.

Edited by Deathlike, 18 August 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#295 Jamie4red

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada, Ontario

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:07 PM

Quiet Deathlike

#296 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostJamie4red, on 18 August 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Quiet Deathlike

He's right though

#297 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

I don't think this new MM system is any more effective than the old at creating "close matches". The teams I get put on still get stomped game after game after game :wacko:

#298 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 August 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

I don't think you even understand how damage accumulates so easily for a missile boat.

Running a Streakboat doesn't actually make you a good player... it really means you're limited to killing Light mechs with the easiest method possible.

I've played them all, but I don't pretend to think "damage" is the same between a missile boat (of any type) and other weapons that inflate damage, but don't actually kill things efficiently.

Stick to your meta and others will manage with "lesser" weapons. It's that simple.

#299 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostJamie4red, on 18 August 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

Quiet Deathlike

You be quite! I'll tell you this if i see this come across in my team chat. "Please hit R or get locks for me please LRM boat" I know three things, first he is alone, second we are a man down, and third he is a bad LRM pilot.

LRM players are Tier 5 and Tier 4 players. Your damage is spread, you're hardly a threat to most top Tier players that use cover as the number one tactic. The only time people get killed by LRM boats is when they are out numbed or out in the open when they know they shouldn't be.

Edited by Imperius, 18 August 2015 - 06:47 PM.

#300 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:49 PM

View Postspectralthundr, on 18 August 2015 - 06:39 PM, said:

Stick to your meta and others will manage with "lesser" weapons. It's that simple.

Deathlike is rarely in meta mechs he just knows hows to build mechs to be effective.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users