Patch Notes - 1.4.3.0 - 18-Aug-2015

384 replies to this topic

#201 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

Another question, is group and solo seperated? I never play group, but I know that group players will have a high tier, and whenever they go solo they might get rolled.

#202 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:22 AM

View Postspectralthundr, on 17 August 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

I don't think there's many that "carry with a 10 match score" At least that hasn't been my experience and I've been here since closed beta. And if it does end up being an issue it's not like they can't tweak how things work. Although I should know by now that the usual suspects are going to cry regardless of what PGI does. It's what they do.

I've done it capping, once, but that's the exception, not the rule.

#203 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 18 August 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

We need as system to deal with the cowards hiding and shutting down, running out the map, overheat suicide and serial afkers.

These people are harming the game the most, it will also affect the stats too.

there already is a system, if you see it screenshot it, then submit a report including the screenshot and as much information as possible (player name, what happened, time, date, time zone, map) to moderation@mwomercs.com, then they will know to keep an eye on that specific player, if that player does it a lot he/she will be dealt with, although as moderation actions are private you will not be told what happened.

PGI do try to deal with that sort of play, but if you report those actions each time you see them that makes it much easier for PGI to deal with them.

so if you see action in contravention of the code of conduct report it

#204 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostGrey Ghost, on 17 August 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

Well that is a bit unsettling... I don't know about everyone else, but my piloting ability isn't exactly equal among all weight classes. :unsure:

I had this exact same concern in an earlier post. Was hoping the devs might comment on this. I'm the worst with lights simply because I seem to lack that ability to twitch-target as those higher speeds, which I know is hurting me competitively. Granted it could just be the specific chassis I'm running at the time, cause I seem to do better in certain lights than others.

View Posthargneux, on 17 August 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

This is MWO, the QQ is going to flow regardless of what actually happens

This is the internet, the QQ is going to flow regardless of anything and everything and anywhere. Not just an MWO trend ;)

Edited by Sevronis, 18 August 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#205 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

we need the system to deal with team treasons, i already got tired reporting them in vain

#206 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hey, all I know is that it would appear the whole "the better you are, the more you carry" crap is over.

Finally...a match where everyone can unzoom without looking at their hands.

#207 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 August 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

there already is a system, if you see it screenshot it, then submit a report including the screenshot and as much information as possible (player name, what happened, time, date, time zone, map) to moderation@mwomercs.com, then they will know to keep an eye on that specific player, if that player does it a lot he/she will be dealt with, although as moderation actions are private you will not be told what happened.

PGI do try to deal with that sort of play, but if you report those actions each time you see them that makes it much easier for PGI to deal with them.

Yep, i think there is no other way than report em. We had a "last guy standing" on our team yesterday, already announced as DC with the enemy team coming for him. He clearly wanted to secure some with his fresh Mech and was even boasting with it, he "had been away for a cup of tea". I asked him if he read the Eula. But he died pretty quickly. Why play a team based game with that kind of attitude?

#208 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

View Postzzoxx, on 18 August 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Yep, i think there is no other way than report em. We had a "last guy standing" on our team yesterday, already announced as DC with the enemy team coming for him. He clearly wanted to secure some with his fresh Mech and was even boasting with it, he "had been away for a cup of tea". I asked him if he read the Eula. But he died pretty quickly. Why play a team based game with that kind of attitude?

No one reads EULAs.

#209 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

Overall, I like what I'm seeing with the patch notes, but I still have a couple reservations. As others have said, each chassis needs to have its own PSR. Lumping all your mechs, including the poor performers into one overall score seems like a lazy way of improving match making. Also, I'd like to see my wave 1 mechs given the clan colors of your choice just like with following waves, access based on what level package you purchased, of course.

I also hope that the rebalance patch is reworking how ecm, active probes, and lrms work. They should work as they do in the TT game. LRM's are direct fire weapons, they only have indirect capabilities with the use of the C3 system iirc. Reading the core rule books might be a good place to start...

#210 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 18 August 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

You do realize that "the system" is overworked and somewhat unreliable in everyone's eyes, right? All it takes is an explanation....I apologize, I had an emergency, my child cut himself....and you're good. It is what it is.

#211 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yes please fix the TS3 Overlay problem.

#212 Zvanya

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 20 posts

After all this time we finally figured out that a rating system for a single player board game might not work well for a 12v12 online shooting game. Better late than never.

I never really had that much pronlem with MM and it's quirks anyway. I figure war isn't exactly fair so I don't mind if the matches aren't always fair The greater the challange the greater the glory if you win :)

#213 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

View Postcoe7, on 18 August 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

Facepalm. UTC is "GMT". They use it on all of their announcements. Google it up.
Yeah ... there are too many ******* in this game, like the one below :P

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 18 August 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

We need as system to deal with the cowards hiding and shutting down, running out the map, overheat suicide and serial afkers.

These people are harming the game the most, it will also affect the stats too.
YOU harm the game even more with your whining !

It is NOT FORBIDEN to hide and power down, as long as you still participate in the game ;)

As soon as you QUIT after hiding and powering down, it is NOT PARTICIPATING in the game ...
BUT if you want to hide and power down in a 1 vs 11 or worse game this is allowed,
especially if you power up and fight when they find you.

I have any right to play the game as long as I want, without TRAITORS giving my coordinates to the enemy :rolleyes:

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME, just report this post so that a admin like Tina can comment on this issue.

Going OUT OF BONDS and using OVERHEAT are also legit actions to deal with overwhelming odds ... if you dont like this game mechanics, STOP PLAYING MW0 !

Disgusted, MEX

Edited by Brother MEX, 18 August 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#214 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 18 August 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Hey, all I know is that it would appear the whole "the better you are, the more you carry" crap is over.

Finally...a match where everyone can unzoom without looking at their hands.

how did you read the notes? the new system will forgive your losses if you get a good score and will cancel your wins if you get a bad score; so your main goal shouldn't be to win but to get a good personal score... for instance by hiding for 2-3 minutes and then killing mechs, damaged by your team or, in the lower tiers, by running lurms etc

#215 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 17 August 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Just one.

Don't you see issues with a single catch all figure that isn't split ?

As an example

Player A likes to play all mechs, though, is of varying skills, and plays mostly Heavies and that is what the player shines at, but is not very good with lights, likes to support the game as best they can so buys packs.

With a score elevated by playing heavies so much, no longer finds playing lights enjoyable, so stops buying packs as it contains lights, reducing P.G.I's income, also loses interest in the game, as there are glaring gaps in the skill tree that annoys player A.

Player B likes to play mediums and is good at them, but is terrible at assaults, and likes to drop in teams, but with the 3/3/3/3 system a lot of the time ends up playing Assaults.

This players PRS is elevated by his or her medium skill but not only is playing out their bucket by being forced into an assault, also effects the teams performance in relation to their combined PRS.

#216 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostShinVector, on 18 August 2015 - 03:32 AM, said:

Was there any mention of Fixes for Oceanic server Desync problem ???

That's my bad, missed the line in the notes. We do indeed have code fixes going out in today's patch that we hope will resolve the remaining Oceanic stability issues. Once the patch is live the Oceanic Takeover event will start up again and run until August 23rd at 10:00 AM PTD / 5:00 PM UTC.
I'll be updating the event post once the patch is live.

#217 Loganauer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 139 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

As it stands, with no recognition at all whatsoever, there's no reason for good players to even try to get placed into higher tiers.

I *very much* like the idea of PSR, but I don't like the idea of it being hidden.

I'd also like to suggest that pilot skill translate to a battlevalue, and community warfare switching to battlevalue rather than tonnage, at least until units can own dropships. This'll result in more balanced CW games.

Also, if not already set up, pilot skill should be separate for individual mech class or maybe even chassis than the pilot skill averaged for the entire pilot. I'm a tier 1 assault pilot, but probably a tier 5 light pilot.

Edited by Loganauer, 18 August 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#218 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostRichter Kerensky, on 18 August 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

No one reads EULAs.

Yes, sure not. Though it doesn't matter, the rules are the rules. Maybe you have to tell people in a more effective way about it.

#219 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:43 AM

View PostAidan, on 18 August 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Yes please fix the TS3 Overlay problem.

Unfortunately, this issue is actually not going to be resolved. This is an issue with the legacy TeamSpeak overlay plugin itself, and we've since heard back from them on the situation.

The original (non-Overwolf) overlay plugin is no longer supported by TeamSpeak. The crashes that are occurring with TeamSpeak are being caused by this plugin either being manually installed by the player or by the use of an older TeamSpeak client that was installed when the plugin was still supported.
As the plugin is no longer supported by TeamSpeak, they are not able to resolve the crash.

To eliminate the crash you'll need to remove the unsupported overlay plugin (or re-install/update your TS client) and use the bundled Overwolf plugin instead.

#220 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:48 AM

alexander, could you please answer if the stats are being reset? the notes are vague about it

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users