Patch Notes - 1.4.3.0 - 18-Aug-2015

384 replies to this topic

#381 Mockingbird42

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:02 AM

Just want to say: PSR is best change ever! NEVER go back to ELO with its artificial forced w/l rate, unrealistic carry expectations, one-sided games and terrible loss-streaks.

Games are more fun and more balanced for me.

Edited by Mockingbird42, 24 August 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#382 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:16 AM

Hold on... I just randomly read here that the new skill rating system is not per mech as the ELO system used to be.
I thought that was a good change, why was it thrown away...

So now when I am a monster on Assault or Heavy a few times where I usually always score well purely due to damage output and survivability, I am going to suffer on medium (cannot play lights even if my life depended on it).

I think the tiers are a step in the right direction, and the nature of MWO will always lean toward snowball games where 1 or 2 deaths will lead to a stomp. But why remove the weight based rating system?

Edited by TamerSA, 25 August 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#383 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 August 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

With the new PSR system:
  • If a players' team wins, and the player did well during the match (achieving a high Match Score), the player will rise in skill rating.
  • If a players' team wins, but the player did not perform well (achieving a low Match Score), the player will not move in terms of skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player does exceptionally well (achieving a very high Match Score), the player will go up slightly in skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player performed well (achieving a high Match Score), the player will not move in skill rating.
  • If the players' team loses, and the player performed poorly (achieving a low Match Score), they will drop in skill rating.

Can you please quantify what it means to have a (very) high or low Match Score? Are these values absolute values like say below 100 = low match score, above 300 high match score, above 500 very high match score? And if they are indeed absolute values, what are these values exactly? Or are these values relative to your teammates. So in a very bad team say the highest match score is 100 and the second best is 50 then 100 would be very high (compared to the others)...

Thanks in advance for any clarification....

#384 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

View PostMockingbird42, on 24 August 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

Just want to say: PSR is best change ever! NEVER go back to ELO with its artificial forced w/l rate, unrealistic carry expectations, one-sided games and terrible loss-streaks.

Games are more fun and more balanced for me.

lol, sounds as a post of somebody, with zero idea how mm works, who was placed into a low tier and got his games easier than they used to be

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 05 September 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#385 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostTaifune, on 05 September 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Can you please quantify what it means to have a (very) high or low Match Score?

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for ... I'm sure you would prefer a response from the Devs, but hopefully this will help some.

I've been copying the match scores from my end-of-round screen shots since they changed the match score formula, because I had the exact same question ... "what is a 'good' score?" So far, I have over 2,700 individual scores from over 110 games. The sample size is big enough that I am comfortable saying that "most of my games look like this". Keep in mind, these are the solo queue and group queue games that I have been in, and this may not be representative of your experience.

The highest score I have seen was about 750.
The top 1% of scores are greater than about 570.
The top 10% of scores are greater than about 390.
The top 25% of scores are greater than about 270.
The median score is about 170.
The bottom 25% of scores are below about 100.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users