Gundam capsule fighter online (F2P)

32 replies to this topic

#21 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

I just picked up that Zaku I CR I wanted, deffinitely happy with the results. It has some excellent weapons and perks.

I'm gonna start working on building that Efreet. Turns out I need a Gaza C... C. That's good though cause I wanted to try that MS out, I hear it has a high out-put beam weapon similar to the Serpent's but the Gaza C might have a beam saber as a melee weapon where as the Serpent just rams you with its shoulder.

Not sure though because I do like the Serpent a lot, on the other hand grabbing the Gaza C would make my entire hangar 100% Universal Century MS.

Oh and don't forget that there's a special event that's gonna go on for about an hour. +100% unit EXP is deffinitely worth playing for just an hour for. I think it's going to start a 4PM PST.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 09 December 2011 - 02:30 PM.

#22 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:31 AM

Man I'm loving my Rick Dom II CR. It's a beast, so far just fits my play style and I finally got a handle on the direct fire bazooka. I've easily gone toe to toe with Impulse gundams and trashed them (probably more do to player though).

The mobility is great and the bazooka does hit harder than the faster traveling projectile weapons. I've got 4 customer point slots on this beast I haven't even touched yet :P

Granted if i ever play a space map, pretty sure the suit would get owned pretty hard :/

#23 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Wow your Rick Dom II CR goes to Cu4? That is really rare since the capsule MS get a random Cu level.

The Impulse Gundam is like one of the worst MS I've used, I'm thinking about selling it now that I used it to get the Force Impulse Gundam.

This is my favorite MS in the whole MS series, has to be the best looking Zeon MS they ever made.

http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=14255

#24 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:47 PM

I learned some new stuff about Gundam.

The custom level of your MS can vary.

MS you buy directly, are always capped at Cu2.

MS you build with blueprints are always capped at Cu3.

MS you get from quest are always capped at Cu2.

MS you get from the capsule machine are randomly Cu2-Cu4. So if you want the most maxed out MS you can get, you'll have to spend a lot in the capsule machine.

More stuff.

Type advantage/disadvantage is +/-20% for the RPS property.

More stuff.

The agility hex stat affects unit reaction time. It enhances how fast your melee attack is, the delay before boosting, the speed of weapon reload and how quickly you fire weapons.

The speed stat increases the units walking displacement and boosting displacement, but doesn't affect how much thrust you consume when boosting.

More on boosting.

Rock types can boost latterally for less boost consumption, but use up huge amounts of boost when using vertical boost.

Paper types can boost vertically for less boost consumption, but use up huge amounts of boost when using latteral boost.

Scissors don't have any advantage or disadvantage to their boost consumption.

#25 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:03 PM

oh nice i didn't know that about agility, I'll have to put some points in that.

Yeah that's Efreet custom looks pretty boss http://sdgowiki.com/wiki/Efreet_Custom

I got the super gundam in a random capusle draw last night. man i hate how slow it is.

#26 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

I was using Super Gundam as my B Rank paper for a while but decided to swap it out for the Ground Gundam. I would have kept the Super Gundam if it knocked MS over with its long beam rifle, but it doesn't, that really weakens its PvP ability.

Ground Gundam has a pretty nice skill setup too.

I recently aquired the blueprints for the Shining Gundam(Battle Mode) so I have been working on leveling up my Shining Gundam since it's the lead part in the design.

#27 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

Just finished 10 rounds of Solaris VII C rank circuit. Went undefeated for all 10 rounds.

Got to try out my Zaku I CR and it passed its live combat trial with flying colors.

Just now aquired Shining Gundam(Battle Mode) AS. It is badass. By the way if you want to add me as a friend to play with, my Gundam pilot name is the same as my Mech pilot forum name here. Just without the spaces of course.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 13 December 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#28 CobraFive

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Me and my cousin were really big into the Gundam VS games back in the PS2 era. I'm also big into a couple F2P action games, Spiral Knights, WoT, Global Agenda... I didn't know about this game but from what I'm reading it looks great! I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.

Can someone give a quick rundown of the monetization? What do you pay real money for?

Prefer real size to SD but eh. I don't mind the cutesie look (like I said I play spiral knights anyway).

#29 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:48 AM

Basically you get points for completing quest and pvp matches that can be used to buy many things in the store such as some suits, power ups, decorations etc. As a rule of thumb you get about 150 points for a pvp match. You can get also get large amount of points for doing quests (2000+) and as a bonus when you level up your pilot rank. The most used item is the capsule store (where you can get random suits) cost on average 1600 points per use.

Some items can by bought by astro which is their real money currency. This can be used to buy the same types of things in store, but is most useful for buying extra "hanger space" to hold more suits (67 astros for 6 more slots, you get 16 slots to start free). The current exchange rate is $5 = 100 astros. As a comparison, to buy a capsule store coin (one turn at the machine) it cost 10 astros.

You can earn free astros to by doing some of their advertising "stuff" but I don't recommend this as most of this is spam scam stuff. The only ones I've actually gotten paid out for is watching videos for 1 astro per view. These are pretty rare though and are limited. Yesterday I got 7 astros from watching vids

Edited by SquareSphere, 14 December 2011 - 07:50 AM.

#30 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

The game is free to play so it's worth at least trying out for an hour or 2. If you like it, can play for free or use your real money if you so choose.

You can get just about anything you want without having to pay in real money, but it's a trade. If you don't pay real money, you'll have to grind more in game points to spend. So you basically pay real money for a chance at saving time. There are some mobile suits that can only be purchased right now as well, mainly the 00 series mobile suits like the Exia.

One last thing worth noting is that the MS you aquire with real money don't overshadow the MS you can get with regular points. Those premium MS get blown up just as easily.

#31 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

Also don't forget to mention the higher class a suit is the more points they're worth when destroyed in a death match. IE a C rank suit is worth 2 points where as an S rank is worth 5 i think. Had one match were my team was all C's and B's and the other was rocking 00 suits and other much high class suits.

We ended up winning pretty handedly because we'd focus on overwhelming one suit at a time since they would have had to kill us at a rate greater than 2 to 1 to actually win.

#32 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

I just got the Gunbarrel Dagger CS. It's a C Rank MS capable of an all-range attack, pretty sweet stuff.

Trying to get my hands on the Apsalus II now.

They just had a 100% EXP event, hope some of you got in on it. Almost maxed out my Shining Gundam BM with it.

Holy crap have you tried to do Single Mission Space on Hard? That junk is Haaaaard.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 15 December 2011 - 09:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users