#21 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:06 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 August 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

Again, just to be the devil's advocate, the cheetah can't take 7 cSPL with ECM... but the OP didn't say anything about squishiness, he just said his friends were tired of getting one shot alpha'd in the back.

Ok? It's still tougher, smaller and with Clan XL engine. With or without ECM, it's still a more powerful mech in a smaller package (which is important for CW, mind you)

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostDjPush, on 20 August 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

Eh. They will probably be back. It just sucks to hear. I don't know how to keep them from coming and going.

Stop telling them you love them! It scares 'em off! :huh:

#23 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 August 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

Stop telling them you love them! It scares 'em off! :huh:

I refuse!! Their soft skin and supple man boobs makes me happy. Don't even get me started on the neck beards!

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

View PostDjPush, on 20 August 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Just had 6 players in my unit uninstall the game. They hate the new MM and too many one shot kills from the ACH. It's getting harder to keep players interested in this game.

and thats saying something with this game. Its really not meant as a dig, Its meant sincerely. The new player experience, the grind, lots of stuff sends people to other games.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 21 August 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

Ok? It's still tougher, smaller and with Clan XL engine. With or without ECM, it's still a more powerful mech in a smaller package (which is important for CW, mind you)

ppl still play that?

#25 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Maybe your 6 friends should learn to watch each others back, maybe they should put more than 5 back armor on their mechs, maybe there's a lot of things they could have done differently. The range of small pulse is incredibly short, firestarters and arctic cheetahs have to get super close to be effective. The difference between those 2 mechs is the ECM on the ACH. So maybe the problem isn't with the mech itself but as they lose their legs rather easily, but instead a certain piece of equipment on that mech. Over and over and over again the problem mechs end up being the ECM mechs or groups of ECM mechs together.

#26 Hangfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 204 posts
  • LocationToon of honest men and bonnie lassies

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:34 AM

RVN-3L :- 3MPL, 2SSRM2, ECM. or 3ML 2SRM4 ECM, (150kph) is what I would recommend for cheetah hunting, UAV's help.
If you're in a fast light, the ACH is just like any other mech, flip your ECM to counter and get behind him. I don't own the ACH but I haven't seen them to be any more maneuverable than other fast lights.

They ARE annoying as hell tho, and I've dubbed my SCR-D (centre omni swapped for an energy point) Streakcrow with TAG the 'Cheetah-eater"

If the proposed changes to ECM come through then the cheetah, and indeed ALL ECM equipped mechs will be a lot more bearable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users