Custom Geometry Idea (With Image)

No replies to this topic

#1 FireBlood

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:30 PM

Hello All,

A lot of threads have started popping up about this awesome topic, so after thinking about it for quite some time I have come up with a look and outline on how it can be done.

Preface: This is just my idea, no one has to make it a reality and it is only one of many possibilities. To calm everyone down a bit further, this idea is suggesting that PGI has some free artists, and that this project will not take away from any other aspect of the game. Another note is that this idea requires all geometry to be purely cosmetic, nothing here will change hit boxes or affect the Battlemech in any way.

Ok on to the subject at hand, in the image below I have roughly drawn up a look within the Mechlab that also includes the decal system (this is all in a future release anyway).

Posted Image

My plan would be to have each ‘Mech with three selectable geometry options per section of ‘Mech (Head, CT, LT, RT etc.). To save time and push this out sooner rather than later, all options would be fairly similar per chassis. For example, all ‘Mechs would have the Armor Plates option for each section. This would all be a part of the initial release, with more options to follow as the months go on. Later I am sure we could see unique items per ‘Mech such as different Atlas heads, Centurion arms, and nose cones for the Catapult. I could also see the much desired bubble cockpit for the Battlemaster included as long as it did not affect the internal cockpit view as that would cause a lot more work to be done.

I was also thinking that adding a single color channel to all (or eventually individual) geometry would be a nice touch; you would be able to use any of your own colors, or stick with the default gun metal grey.

If you like this idea let’s try to push it up as PGI has already shown interest in doing something like this.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users