Match Score Breakdown (And Help Wanted) For Science!

General

88 replies to this topic

#61 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 23 August 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

Anyone have Data?

Anyone want to help FOR SCIENCE?!

Ok, some data. 25 matches over the last couple of days.

Posted Image

There's 2 ludicrous team damage stats there - the 43 was a MadCat that leapt over me and landed in front of my face as I was firing to finish of an Atlas, and ate a full alpha (and spent the rest of the match whining at me). The 57 might be something similar, you think? Nope. It was one of the most brutal and mobile matches i've been in. It all started when I took enough rear damage from a 'friendly' MadCat to kill a heatsink, and then I lost the opposite arm to a 'friendly' MadCat on the other side of me. IT'S ON, my sudden berserker fury shouted at me. It was truly vicious. Straight charge at the enemy, not a hint of peeking, bloodthirsty shoulder to shoulder contest for kills. All that team damage would have been in ones and twos trying to fire around the slightly faster MadCats in front of me, scoring arms and glancing against shoulders. The TK was at the very end of the match where I fired on the last enemy, and killed both the friendly slightly in front of me AND the enemy with the one blast. Very untidy match!

Edit: Well, this isn't something you can copy.... let's try plain text:

Edit 2: OH GOD, that doesn't work.

Let's try a table!

Edit 3: SUCCESS! ... sort of. I'll spoiler it. You should be able to copy paste to notepad or excel.

Spoiler

Edited by Kiiyor, 26 August 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#62 pyrocomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:47 AM

From Kyiior data the best match is the following

Win? 20
Pilot killed -5
Pilot survived 5
Damage 0,45
Killing blow 4
Kill assist 4
Solo kill 4
Kill most damage dealt 4
Team kill -50
Team damage -0,25
Spotting assist 2
Component destroyed 2
Saviour kill 2
UAV detection 2
UAV kill 10
UAV locked damage 10
Capture assist 0
Capturing base 25
Counter ECM 6
Scouting 2
Flanking 2
Hit and run 3
Lance in formation 0,5
Protection proximity 3
Brawling 4 (2?)
Protected medium 2

But it still gives the uncertainty of ~5-10 scores and abnormalies up to 40 (on a single case with very high damage). Look like there is hidden bonus for extra damage = (damage dealt - team damage/12) which I cannot get from current data. Can somebody fetch some more number to play with? With team deamage if possible?

Edited by pyrocomp, 26 August 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#63 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:25 AM

Good 1st pass... now find out the c-bill value of everything.

#64 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 26 August 2015 - 03:08 AM, said:

Ok, some data. 25 matches over the last couple of days.

Posted Image

There's 2 ludicrous team damage stats there - the 43 was a MadCat that leapt over me and landed in front of my face as I was firing to finish of an Atlas, and ate a full alpha (and spent the rest of the match whining at me). The 57 might be something similar, you think? Nope. It was one of the most brutal and mobile matches i've been in. It all started when I took enough rear damage from a 'friendly' MadCat to kill a heatsink, and then I lost the opposite arm to a 'friendly' MadCat on the other side of me. IT'S ON, my sudden berserker fury shouted at me. It was truly vicious. Straight charge at the enemy, not a hint of peeking, bloodthirsty shoulder to shoulder contest for kills. All that team damage would have been in ones and twos trying to fire around the slightly faster MadCats in front of me, scoring arms and glancing against shoulders. The TK was at the very end of the match where I fired on the last enemy, and killed both the friendly slightly in front of me AND the enemy with the one blast. Very untidy match!

Edit: Well, this isn't something you can copy.... let's try plain text:

Edit 2: OH GOD, that doesn't work.

Let's try a table!

Edit 3: SUCCESS! ... sort of. I'll spoiler it. You should be able to copy paste to notepad or excel.

That quoted table is a completely monstrosity...I hope you didn't do that manually.

Now, were those ALL the rewards you got, or just the ones I identified? It makes a difference, and we can safely assume most of them (Protected Light/Med would share the 2 points from Proximity, and stack).

I don't mind if you just post the 3 screenshots either. Spoiler tabs remove clutter.

#65 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:25 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 August 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

That quoted table is a completely monstrosity...I hope you didn't do that manually.

Now, were those ALL the rewards you got, or just the ones I identified? It makes a difference, and we can safely assume most of them (Protected Light/Med would share the 2 points from Proximity, and stack).

I don't mind if you just post the 3 screenshots either. Spoiler tabs remove clutter.

It's everything from the middle table of the results, and I made sure I got every recorded item. I am a scientist, sir!

And the table was easy - just use Excel to format it - -""&A2&""

I'll upload the screenies later if you'd like, but I'm 97% sure that I got everything. 95% sure.

Also, the counter ECM one was odd, as I don't have an ECM mech! This was all filmed from the extra wide cockpit of my Awesome. Do UAV's counter ECM for a few seconds? That might be it.

#66 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 26 August 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

It's everything from the middle table of the results, and I made sure I got every recorded item. I am a scientist, sir!

I'll upload the screenies later if you'd like, but I'm 97% sure that I got everything. 95% sure.

Also, the counter ECM one was odd, as I don't have an ECM mech! This was all filmed from the extra wide cockpit of my Awesome. Do UAV's counter ECM for a few seconds? That might be it.

They do within a certain range just like BAP. Not sure what that range is.

#67 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

I don't believe UAVs counter ECM, just break through it.
(B)AP and ECM in counter mode only.

How about posting one set, the 540 damage, 394 match score. I got a pretty big difference on that one.

Also not sure what UAV Locked Damage was...could be 1, 2 or 3.

#68 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

UAVs are like TAGs for ECM (that cannot be countered like TAG can, although they aren't actually "countering" ECM - just spotting like TAG). That's the best way to qualify its current functionality.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 August 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#69 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 August 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

UAVs are like TAGs for ECM (that cannot be countered like TAG can, although they aren't actually "countering" ECM - just spotting like TAG). That's the best way to qualify its current functionality.

But the UAVs don't offer the half lock time.

#70 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 August 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

How about posting one set, the 540 damage, 394 match score. I got a pretty big difference on that one.

ARGH, that's because I left two solo kill out of that one.

Here:

Spoiler

#71 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 26 August 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

ARGH, that's because I left two solo kill out of that one.

Here:

Spoiler

Closer, but still missing 8 points.

I counted UAV Locked Damage as 2...which may very well be wrong, but it wouldn't be more than 3.

The numbers are close enough to be a baseline, but obviously aren't right.

#72 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

You missed team damage. From my matches I gather that there is an addition to the match score equal to (Your_damage - Team_Damage/12)*0.1. If you have screenies, we can check that.

UPD: Only extra damage counts, if damage is lower that 1/12th of the team there is no penalty.

Edited by pyrocomp, 26 August 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#73 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 August 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

But the UAVs don't offer the half lock time.

Well, yea... it's hard to remember every detail.

The best you can do is loosely compare at times...

#74 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 August 2015 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostDeathlike, on 26 August 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Yeah and so, when you launch a UAV and an ecm mech comes in range of it, I have definitely noticed I get the xp/cb for "counter ecm." That's the message that comes up. May not be pedantically correct, but I think it probably affects score if countering ecm in other situations does.

#75 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostAnachronda, on 27 September 2015 - 07:37 PM, said:

Yeah and so, when you launch a UAV and an ecm mech comes in range of it, I have definitely noticed I get the xp/cb for "counter ecm." That's the message that comes up. May not be pedantically correct, but I think it probably affects score if countering ecm in other situations does.

If it's in the scoreboard, it probably counted.

#76 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:01 AM

View PostBilbo, on 24 August 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

According to stjobe's marvelous list, all you have to do is shoot them from behind without having been targeted by them or be engaged:

Flanking:
  • Move behind an enemy Mech without being targeted by it and without being engaged.
  • Deal damage to the enemy Mech from behind (out of sight).
  • Reward has a cool-down of 20 seconds.

Actually you don't have to be behind the mech. I get flanking bonus all the time from the side - in fact most often. I think if you are lucky (or unlucky to some extent), firing at the side at an angle *might* get a front side torso hit, but I am pretty sure I usually hit arms or side torso. Usually it is from far away. The requirement is that the mech not target you and not be engaged with you (firing at you). Flanking and hit and run are my bread and butter. :)

#77 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:41 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 September 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

If it's in the scoreboard, it probably counted.

Anything that grants XP or C-bills counts toward final match score.

#78 NineSortJam

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

This is an excellent thread. Well done all of you.

There are some (small) discrepancies between Mcgral18's table (see OP) from testing and pyrocomp's analysis of Kiiyor's 'live' data (see #62) – have we come to a consensus since then on the values?

Posted Image

#79 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostNineSortJam, on 30 September 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

This is an excellent thread. Well done all of you.

There are some (small) discrepancies between Mcgral18's table (see OP) from testing and pyrocomp's analysis of Kiiyor's 'live' data (see #62) – have we come to a consensus since then on the values?

Posted Image

I haven't looked into it since, nor do I have Premium anymore.

Easy test would be to check Counter ECM. That seems incredibly high.

#80 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 September 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

I haven't looked into it since, nor do I have Premium anymore.

Easy test would be to check Counter ECM. That seems incredibly high.

Sure, had only a single entry in the data. I'm collecting my own data from prolonged matches, but the picture hadn't become clearer yet.

22 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 22 guests, 0 anonymous users