Are You Happy With 12 Vs. 12?

Balance Gameplay Mode

152 replies to this topic

#141 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Id rather it be 8v8, on maps like river city and FC. Alot more slow movement, scanning, looking for targets, area to move and NOT always be in sight of the enemy deathball. THe ability to use the ENTIRE Map to play, rather then how it is now, 2 walls of mechs meet at the same point on the same map, every time...

#142 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

Yes, perfectly happy.

What I'm not happy with is getting stuck with yanks in most games on the EU server, it's getting almost as bad as the NA server with them just base rushing.

They don't seem to have the chops for a stand up fight so every other game is turning into a base rush within the first two minuets.

#143 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

I would prefer a real lobby system in which the lobby creator can dictate the game parameters. 12 vs 12 Is only. Check, 12 vs 8 Clan, check. No PPC builds check. Ad hoc and forward.

#144 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 17 September 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

4x4, 8x8, 12x12, if the side your on does not work as a TEAM you will get stomped over and over.

If people are tired of getting stomped over and over, maybe start working as a TEAM or join a TEAM in the group and teamwork focused part of the game.

I agree, team work is essential; Mandatory, even, if you want to win.

However, the larger the team, the harder it is to coordinate.

8v8 matches are easier to coordinate as team than 12v12 matches are.

#145 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

I like 12v12.

#146 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:53 PM

Pgi should try 8 v 8 again. It may feel somewhat different than before.

I can only remember 8 v 8 back when there was only one queue, with premades mixed in with pugs.

#147 Diomed

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

12 v 12 sucks, change it back to 8 v 8.

#148 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 17 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I would prefer a real lobby system in which the lobby creator can dictate the game parameters. 12 vs 12 Is only. Check, 12 vs 8 Clan, check. No PPC builds check. Ad hoc and forward.

Yeah, and before you know it, we have more limitations then Clan mechs

Only mechs we can bring are IS TDRs with small lasers in the LT, who use a 280 engine and half half the armor on the LL....because I dont wanna play against anything else.....

Just fk that kinda ****....

IS or Clan only games? Sure
Stock only builds? sure

but being able to limit team sizes and weapon choices and stuff? lolno...

#149 Belazaar

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 17 September 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Yup, they should introduce Conquest and Assault game modes... oh snap. ;) It is not the game modes, it is how the players simply want to shoot each other up for e-peen rights. That is why you still see the odd GGClose douche' bags in game.

Whines about Losing to the other teams strategic Capping plan or losing your Base when no one understands what RTB even means are simply laughable.

What game mode would have players actually play the mode as it was meant? KoH perhaps but sadly a bad Team playing KoH sucks just as bad as the whiny team who cries when they lose their unprotected base... seeing a pattern here maybe?

That is what I'm saying you have to make it more profitable to do the primary objective or just remove the secondary of killing all the mechs.

Otherwise they should just remove Assault and conquest and only have skirmish because that is how everyone plays it.

The only advantage to have Assault is when there is only a light left and they go hide. You can end the game without searching for them or waiting for the game to end.

#150 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostDeath Proof, on 17 September 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

I agree, team work is essential; Mandatory, even, if you want to win.

However, the larger the team, the harder it is to coordinate.

8v8 matches are easier to coordinate as team than 12v12 matches are.

IF your dropping with pugtards, it does not matter if 8x8 or 12x12, you just cannot get them to cooperate. You can go see this for yourself. Drop in solo/group queue and take command and see what happens.

If your dropping with your Unit or regular group, coordination is easy because they know, understand, and accept teamwork is the key to victory while your pugtard team is only concerned about damage numbers still as if they were in a solo game.

#151 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:55 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 18 September 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

IF your dropping with pugtards, it does not matter if 8x8 or 12x12, you just cannot get them to cooperate.

8v8 or 12v12 makes huge difference in in pug matches. It's MUCH easier to affect the outcome of the match as an individual in smaller matches than it is in larger matches. It's also easier to organize a smaller group of people than it is to try to get a larger group of people on the same page.

Basically, the more people there are in a random pug match the higher amount of people you'll get that will not want to use teamwork. That is, even if you only get 2 or 3 people willing to work together, those 2 or 3 people will be much more impactful on the outcome of the match in a 8v8 as opposed to a 12v12 match.

Edited by Death Proof, 18 September 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#152 Vandul

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

12v12 by design is used to absorb disconnects, AFK'rs and other nonsense that goes on in these types of game. Im good with it.

#153 iceicule

Rookie

• The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

I feel there should be the option to pick. 4v4, 8v8, 12v12. I think having that choice can open up the game play ten fold. It would be an easy thing to implement also. I enjoy 12v12 plenty though. I have no complaints from my end.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users