Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

Sweet. Maximum Cbills!

#23 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

Exchange rate still rubbish so still not buying the new pack..

Shame, goodies are always fun.

For the rest of the event though ill see you all in my 6S. B)

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 24 August 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#24 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:54 PM

Woo money.

#25 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:59 PM

Random prizes only for those who buy both biggest R1&R2 packs?

Not cool, PGI. Not cool.

#26 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 24 August 2015 - 03:55 PM, said:

I like most of them, sadly I own non of them... may ala carte the zeus....

I'm really just talking about the Resistance variant (the variant that gets you the C-bill bonus).

View PostHeer, on 24 August 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Not happy with this comp.
* Disclosure - I own both R1 & R2

I am not happy because, the way I read it. You have to OWN BOTH R1 & R2 to get the random prizes. I was ok when it was done with the Urbie (Urbie was special and marketed that way) but this smacks of P2W and I thought was not what PGI was going to do.

All 3 prizes are top on the "want" list for most of my friends who play. Giving the bonus C-Bill s to R1 owners (because the non-R1 people still get C-Bills) is ok, but limiting the random prizes to just R1 & R2 owners - UGG.

PGI - you might want to rethink this.

They already did something similar to this for the Wave 3 "Summer Cooldown event" (or Heat Wave - I don't remember the actual event name). I don't think this trend will stop.

http://mwomercs.com/...ts?t=201506wave

Edited by Deathlike, 24 August 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#27 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

When I click on that link it takes me to a picture of a very ugly mech with 2 antenna... That't not the Black Knight is it??? Looks horrid vs the concept art. Kinda like the enforcer in resistance one. So glad I stopped putting money into these bate and switch pre-orders.

#28 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:03 PM

Oh, any mech can get some c-bills. And here I was blowing 4m on a new engine for my Panther which I suck a piloting :(

#29 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

This reeks of pay to participate. I have bought the mid level clans packs, mech bundles and I plan to buy the Black Knight package so I have paid quite a bit in this game. I would have been okay that the people that bought both the top IS packages would get the additional C-bills but to have the top tier people only get access to the grab bag stuff is crap. When you start giving people who pay more access to stuff that is actually is worth something you step over a line to pay to win. I'm not saying people who support the game more shouldn't get more free stuff but don't make an event and exclude the bulk of your player base because they're not willing to pay 160 dollars for mechs.

#30 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

View PostElizander, on 24 August 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Oh, any mech can get some c-bills.

10 mlns for just 40 games

it's a lot, the whole european and oceanian events brought only 9 mlns for 108 games

#31 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Maybe you can call it a "thanks for your loyalty" event for the additional prizes to the players who bought both full packages. They did something similar for the King Crab free gift

Cheers
Eboli

#32 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

This is silly, you should do what you did in the past, give people who bought in extra blindbag picks, because otherwise you just locked what would be a fun event behind a $160 pay wall, making this event being mainly get your 150 match score and get pay out for a half way decent match of CW. This is not a good idea, give people who have the packs more picks of prizes and open the prizes up to everyone. Even people who qualify for the blood pact are unhappy.

Edited by Kurorahk, 24 August 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#33 Apewar

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

i have no resistance packages. I don't care. it seems to be a great event for those that have em so I hope they enjoy it. we are getting an event almost every weekend yet still the children cry that they don't qualify for this and that. go outside and see the sun if its not your weekend, you will get free MC-cbills-camo soon enuff.

#34 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 August 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

I'm really just talking about the Resistance variant (the variant that gets you the C-bill bonus).

They already did something similar to this for the Wave 3 "Summer Cooldown event" (or Heat Wave - I don't remember the actual event name). I don't think this trend will stop.

same

#35 OneAndOnlyObsidian

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

Why not do what was done for the Invasion III event and give the people who bought packs an extra 20-100 unlocks instantly? it seems very silly to lock everyone who hasn't put at least $160 into the game out of part of an event that normally is open to everyone (See: Halloween and Christmas 2014 events, and the Summer Heat: Wave III event)

#36 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Well, I can use the c-bills.

At this point though I'm starting to think the c-bill economy is being purposefully held back in order to motivate players to play the events. Clever, if true, but would prefer open honesty if it's the case. :P

Must be nice to be like Alistair winter and have so many c-bills that you can shrug off 10 million cbill bonuses....

Edited by Telmasa, 24 August 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#37 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 24 August 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

No, it's not similar at all. That event everyone could get gifts and pack owners just got bonus gifts. This event ONLY top pack owners can get gifts.

This is a very, very bad practice you are starting here PGI, I really don't like it.

#38 Red Legs Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 348 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostArkbird Phoenix Kell, on 24 August 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

This pay to participate event is definitely going to rustle some players, bad call PGI. Expensive paywall to fully enjoy this event will not sit well with those who didn't get a pack especially since the grab bags are a favorite event for a lot of players. 250k cbills is okay though, but will remember this taken away grab bag the next time i consider getting some MC or another mechpack.

I'm with you on this, I love the grab bag stuff. Even though it's stuff I already have it's fun to click the button and see what I got. I wouldn't mind if the rewards we're reversed, but not getting to do something because i didn't pay for a top tier pack I will remember. And in my opinion the resistance pack 1 was kind of, meh, hopefully 2 will be better.

#39 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

lol. First players complain that special pack buyers aren't getting enough goodies, then everyone else complains that special pack buyers are getting some goodies.

Nut up, enjoy the free c-bills, and if you want more from a free event, fork over some dough for some cool 'Mechs and enjoy yourself.

Otherwise stop the rage, for the love of Kerensky; this societal phenomenon of entitlement is getting old, stale, and frustrating fast.

(And no, I'm not a pack owner.)

#40 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:55 PM

Thanks PGI! Looks like it's gonna be a week full of Resistance Mechs for me. Still have two to master.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users