#61 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

View Postcdlord, on 25 August 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

90% of the time I am on TS with my unit. We monitor the LFG queue, try to pick up stragglers.... If I feel there's benefit to my unit to have an active presence on VoIP, then we'll do it. Benefit being more coordination/wins and recruits.

You re-talked me into it. I'll test the waters again and play with it.

Well if thats your normal situation by all means continue. Just plenty of pugs out there that are in smaller units or none at all but still love to call out if someone says "Mic check". Its not universal but its a lot of fun when it works. Just try it the other 10%.

It will never, ever compare to a unit in TS but its better than nothing.

#62 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

I don't have a mic, but i do have a very expensive set of headphones.
I encourage those of you that do have mics to use them, use voip, call target locations, call focus fire on targets.
Think you have what it takes to lead and have some strategies you'd like to try and believe you can lead to victory.
Don't be shy, speak up, be clear and confident (ie not a bossy douche), many of us will follow you, sometimes your plan will fail, sometimes it won't, lessons will be learned.

#63 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

A wise man once said, "it's better to all follow one bad plan then split up & each follow your own".

One thing that will help is if/when we get to see our tier ranking. I'd bet a lot of 3-5's provide this horrible chatter thinking they are god's gift to mechwarrior, when infact they wouldn't be able to strategize their way out of a wet paper bag. I'm not saying we use it to "pull rank", but it will at least give some people the idea that others JUST MIGHT KNOW a better way.

#64 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 25 August 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

A wise man once said, "it's better to all follow one bad plan then split up & each follow your own".

One thing that will help is if/when we get to see our tier ranking. I'd bet a lot of 3-5's provide this horrible chatter thinking they are god's gift to mechwarrior, when infact they wouldn't be able to strategize their way out of a wet paper bag. I'm not saying we use it to "pull rank", but it will at least give some people the idea that others JUST MIGHT KNOW a better way.

And to add to that if you want to debate the plan because you feel strongly enough to comment on it just do it respectfully and 90% of people won't have a problem with that. The 10% that do aren't generally worth your time anyways.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 25 August 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#65 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

View Postcdlord, on 25 August 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

90% of the time I am on TS with my unit. We monitor the LFG queue, try to pick up stragglers.... If I feel there's benefit to my unit to have an active presence on VoIP, then we'll do it. Benefit being more coordination/wins and recruits.

You re-talked me into it. I'll test the waters again and play with it.

It is timezone related.. you get a lot of helpful pilots in mine...

#66 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 25 August 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

so starting an argument on coms was going to be any more helpful? Pubs don't admit they are bad. the underhive thinks it's elite just as much as the tryhards do. you have no right to call him stupid when your response was so poorly thought out.

A simple "No, they are [wherever they are]" should not cause an argument if the other person has even a shred of maturity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users