194 replies to this topic

#21 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:20 PM

I love the European proclivity towards sniping... because I'm a light pilot and all those isolated dire wolf and king crab kills in my oxide make me so much money.

View PostAlphaToaster, on 01 September 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

To be fair, us 'Merican's are getting blasted out of our minds 24/7 by High Fructose Corn Syrup and Monsanto's round up in everything. It is no wonder we have nascar as bad as it is. These kids CAN'T STOP going round and round.

Deez Nutz '2016

That's because right handed people when given a choice will tend to move in a counter clockwise direction and since most people are right handed we all go do our counter clockwise NASCAR of death thing in mwo.

#22 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

:ph34r:

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Who the F is that person holding a Russian-made RPG?

These are the correct person and pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

It could be different in group matches, which I wouldn't know since I don't really play in the group queue now, but I have also noticed many times a huge drop in the quality of matches outside of America primetime, and it kind of limits when I bother playing. There have been quite a few times where I wanted to play some MWO at late Pacific times, but then realized I didn't want to deal with the pretty consistently awful quality of matches that are not all that fun, so instead I didn't bother playing at all.

Of course it's not always bad, and I remember at least a few really awesome matches in the wee hours of Pacific time, but the pattern is often the same; playing outside of America primetime often means bad matches.

Now, I'm not so sure that the conclusion is European (or even Oceanic) players suck, because it could be more about lower player population and the matchmaker struggling to find good matches, but whatever the biggest factor is it puts me into games that turn out terribly and I end up playing at those times much less often.

#25 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Heh. There's a reason I only have North American servers selected. :)

That doesn't help during my early day as you've got a euro invasion going on then...

#26 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 September 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

Who the F is that person holding a Russian-made RPG?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Ronald Reagan obviously looted the Soviet RPG from Mikhail Gorbachev's corpse after feeding him to his raptor.

#27 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

Communication is easy to explain - Europeans are not native english speakers and thus the poeple using VOIP will do it on a TS Server with the appropriate language, their own language incompetent unit and more often do not use the ingame VOIP. ;)

Aside of that there is probably a cultural difference and playing for years at a ping disadvantage may have an influence...

When/If Tiers become public some statistic guy will probably show the Tier difference between several playerbases - in the end you still need to read the data for the right conclusions...

Popcorn time...(another cultural difference...)... :D

PS: And afair Euros play Clan Mechs less which means you stay in the defense anyway...

Edited by Thorqemada, 01 September 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#28 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

I have noticed that Euro likes to poke. Which is fine suits my play style. The thing is you have to adapt and not run in half cocked.

#29 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 01 September 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Communication is easy to explain - Europeans are not native english speakers
Some guys may have something to say about that *coughpeoplefromthebritishislescough*

#30 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 01 September 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"

Ronald Reagan obviously looted the Soviet RPG from Mikhail Gorbachev's corpse after feeding him to his raptor.

Psst! Gorbachev is still alive and Reagan is rotting 6 feet under. :o

View PostYellonet, on 01 September 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Some guys may have something to say about that *coughpeoplefromthebritishislescough*

American Poodles?

#31 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:37 PM

One big difference I've noticed between NA pugs and EU pugs. NA pugs run like dumb idiots to the nascar often leaving assaults behind. I mean very wide nascar using too much time to actually reach the tail thinking it's a good idea. On the other hand EU players have actually difficulty pressing the W key to move their mechs.

One thing incommon tho. Both are filled with bads.

#32 KHETTI

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

As i play into the wee hours and i watch the EU population drop, theres a very noticeable increase in derpage, funny that....

#33 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 01 September 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

pgi posted statistics that european pilots like hula girls, play less clantech and have better results than american pilots :ph34r:

That's perfectly fine. Americans don't concern themselves with facts, only what their faith dictates is the truth. It has something to do with religion taking a front seat to math and science when it comes to education. :ph34r: :ph34r:

#34 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

[shrug] I'm American and I find the Euro matches to be more patient and deliberate.

The American players are more aggressive, but that's not always a good thing.

#35 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 01 September 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

That's because right handed people when given a choice will tend to move in a counter clockwise direction and since most people are right handed we all go do our counter clockwise NASCAR of death thing in mwo.

I think it's more to do with the pug deathball will run away from multiple red arrows on the mini-map, but run towards the single one. That's part of why ECM is so well loved (/sarc), it tricks players into pushing and they hate it.

#36 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Italians do it better

#37 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

Posted Image

#38 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 01 September 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

No dude it's because majority of the builds are right sided or at least have their most powerful weaponry on the right side. It is a flank maneuver to favour those attacking getting the better angle to shoot. However in pugs this adds with a deathball so it looks incredibly stupid when 12 mechs go merry go around without thinking anything.

#39 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostFupDup, on 01 September 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

DON'T QUESTION THE 'MURICA!

Posted Image

Teddy "Mother F*ck'n" Roosevelt! He was the most bad a** president the U.S.A. ever had.

"On October 14, 1912, an unemployed saloonkeeper shot former president and Progressive Party candidate Theodore Roosevelt outside a Milwaukee hotel. Rather than being rushed to the hospital, Roosevelt insisted on delivering his scheduled 90-minute speech. By slowing the bullet, those lengthy prepared remarks may actually have saved his life.

Theodore Roosevelt’s opening line was hardly remarkable for a presidential campaign speech: “Friends, I shall ask you to be as quiet as possible.” His second line, however, was a bombshell.

“I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot.”

Clearly, Roosevelt had buried the lede. The horrified audience in the Milwaukee Auditorium on October 14, 1912, gasped as the former president unbuttoned his vest to reveal his bloodstained shirt. “It takes more than that to kill a bull moose,” - History.com

I mean, come on. He was tough as all get out (and a bit crazy).

Not only was the Teddy Bear named after him, but he also inspired Sega's Dr. Robotnik (Eggman).

In the immortal words of Theodore Roosevelt..."speak softly, and carry a big stick; you will go far".

#40 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostMystere, on 01 September 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

You are welcome to play in oceanic