Posted Image

Goose Waffle

#42 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:48 PM

CERMLAS 1 ton 400m range or csmplas damn good weapons at great ton/heat/range better than most IS quirked mechs. The cuac10 is also great and works wonders on hot maps and in a brawl and the 2 ton less cgauss. If I get on a hot map I just reverse my laser alpha and chain buttons and all is fine.

Trying to get folks to get under 400m is the hard part.

#43 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

View PostChuck YeaGurr, on 03 September 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

Trying to get folks to get under 400m is the hard part.

400m is hard?
Try having to get into 270m range for your IS brawlers. :lol:

#44 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 03 September 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

We need another term instead of "ambient" to differentiate between the 2.

I just refer to what's in pre-game as the described temperature. Alternatively, you can call it the fluff ambient. Or you can call the true ambient the true ambient...

#45 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostbLeeat, on 03 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I was wondering if maybe we can add another HOT map or maybe two? just so these clanner noobs dont feel so comfortable laser boating ALL their mech load outs.
My noob clan laser boat works fine on hot maps. :)

#46 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:53 PM

the Hellbringer boating 29DHS will still fire at you with 7 ERML while you are overheated from your AC5s... just saying.

Thanks silken for the science, I always suspected that the displayed temp is nonsense. I think I take my last SHS mech for a testing ride on all maps, could be interesting what is the hottest place.

#47 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostbLeeat, on 03 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I was wondering if maybe we can add another HOT map or maybe two? just so these clanner noobs dont feel so comfortable laser boating ALL their mech load outs.

I laserboat my NVA all day and I have no troubles playing on hot maps. Actually I like when we play on mordor.

Also, what about your FS9 and Thunders goign to cry for overheating too often?
Because you know the IS energy noobs are real too.

Edited by Lily from animove, 04 September 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#48 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:33 AM

I should really do something more productive... however, I made a Heat Analysis for all the maps!

#49 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:44 AM

This whole thread is laughable..

View PostKira_Onime, on 03 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

#50 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

After all of the buffs I greatly prefer Clan ballistics to IS. Im not sure what the people are talking about when they say other clan weapon systems are inferior... They are better. Not even equal... better. If you can aim and control your shots, clan UACs are terrifying. They've become my primary source of death dealing. The UAC20 is a horrifying weapon, and the massive suppression it delivers along with 40 damage prevents enemies from effectively fighting back.

#51 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:22 AM

I actually want a map that is kind of like a mix between caustic valley, alpine peaks, frozen city, and terra therma.

People forget that volcanoes happen around the globe DESPITE the ambient temperature. For eg the whole place being a glacial area with heavy snow being negative 70 degrees celcius.

This being said- I want a map that has a few volcanic hotspots on the map with some underground caverns/tunnels linking some of the areas.

Big holes in the snow where lava fields/ lakes are as well as deep large holes where volcanos lay- where near the insides have some areas where mechs can stand (kinda picture a non-man made version of the metal grid supporting the inside of terra therma main volcano) where some parts of the map is between negative 20 to 60 degrees clecius while maybe the peaks of mountains can be 70 degrees celcius BUT the volcanic areas can be the opposite in positive 50's and 80's and such. With some possibly exposed areas near the entrance of the volcano people can lay cool and throw down lasers and PPC's while the people inside get a good shot and view at them.

Snow storms would be a semi constant feature on the map but the areas where large lava lakes lay and the volcano will not have the storm as well as the very high mountain peaks possibly near the lava lake(s) THis allows clear shots across lava lakes durring a blizzard as well as cover from thermal vision as you would have columns of hot gas coming from these volcanoes.

Whadya think?
|Terra therma X Alpine peaks.
Caustic Valley X frozen city.

#52 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

View PostAloha, on 03 September 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

Buff Clan ballistics and laser use will go down. :D

specially clan "AC's" and LBX's. Gauss and the UAC's do not really need a buff. .

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users