#41 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 27 November 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

He made those smurfy builds with the mixture of photoshop, and mathematics to make sure he didn't go over tonnage or anything like that, you can tell by the fact that when you look at for eg...
Posted Image
You can see the bars are very innacurate. For eg even though it fills all 25 tons. The cool eff is okay as the actual heatsinks and weapons was on the chassis, as well as firepower (ish,), but armour can be complicated story as well, but it looks okay here.

But some of the other mechs you definitely see the changes and stuff that make it obvious.
This is why he didn't do these pics often, they take a lot more effort than a normal screenshot. (I hope Smurfy can allow users to one day have a sandbox creation, just pic hardpoints, engine, tonnage, etc to help people theory craft). instead of links or what ever.

Oh boy, that's a lot of work.

#42 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

just took a look at the dasher, there is something pretty cool you can do with it, and beware, it will be as evil as an ember, if not even more.
178 kph you say ?

4 small ER lasers (2tons)
ECM (1 ton)
2 MG+ Ammo (dont remember exact MG weight but somewhere from 2000-3000 shots)

now think about it gain. almost as much damage as a ember at 178 kph with ECM.... if that aint rocking, i dont know what else ever will.

#43 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostOdanan, on 27 November 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

Oh boy, that's a lot of work.

yep, he had to photoshop all the values onto the chart, all the equipment it uses (copy pasta from mechs with said equipment), change the engine rating (a bit harder for clans since you can't easily screenshot a clan mech with what ever engine you want).
Than copy paste pictures of each heatsinks and laser (or sections of it from other mechs or what ever) and than change name and armour values...

yea. I once did something like this for my "made up direwolf build", it is fun but quite painfully slow process and lots of work. I do wish someone makes a smurfy with ability to change hardpoints and stuff =l

#44 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:37 AM

How is the Supernova hardpoint starved with 6E? 6E is morre than sufficient, you could make a more durable TBR with 2 LPL 4CERML of it.

Add ES/FF to up the egine and probably slap some DHS to engine due to crit space. done. at leats engien cap is something PGI can still decide by their own how far up and down it is allowed.

Biggets downside would be the low slung arms which were easily blown off, even by the MW3 crappies AI.

Also I miss the urbanmechXXL

Edited by Lily from animove, 14 December 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#45 Logan Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 143 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Super cool! A couple more additions not mentioned in the op that I'd like to see on the Clan side could be the Night Gyr and the Turkina.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Night_Gyr

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Turkina

#46 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:15 AM

Logan mentioned one of the several I came by to mention. Turkina seems like a logical fit for an upcoming clan release. Gunzy monster, that one.

You've already covered Firemoth and Viper, which would fill tonnage gaps in the clan roster. Also: Gotta go fast!

I get that it's a weird omni, with a standard engine and all, but I'd like to see what we could do with the Kingfisher. I'm thinking kind of a Clan Banshee, albeit squishier, and a touch faster.(Ed: Also, Invasion mech, with CGB) http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kingfisher

It's got endo and ferro, which helps mitigate the tonnage hit from the STD360. It also gets 4 extra critslots from the different engine and a relatively newly-appreciable benefit: no heat/speed engine penalty from ST destruction.

The art on Sarna seems to show at least one high energy mount, so maybe we really can Bansh-ify it. It's an oddball omni, sure. Even with the heavier engine it should be more workable build-wise than the Executioner due to the added free crit space (moar DHS ;)) and lack of locked heavy equipment like MASC and JJs.

It's not "necessary" for tonnage flexibility in dropdecks now that HGN-IIC is in the game to fill the 90-ton weight bracket. Well, that and because folks don't often tend to bring assaults with extra drop-deck tonnage. Instead, they bring more heavies and/or mediums (pick from TBR, HBR, EBJ, or SCR, rinse, repeat, guilty as charged).

I'm not holding my breath for it, mind you, but I'd like to see it and I think it would bring something unique to the gaming table. /geekpost

Ed: spellins 'n stuff

Edited by Virlutris, 23 December 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#47 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

Bushwacker and Supernova may be "bad" but I still want them. I agree that the Champion would be great though.

Also, if we're going to go with mechs from MW3, what about these:

Firefly
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Firefly
30 tons, jump capable, loads of hardpoints including ECM capability, looks like a tiny stalker.

Annihilator
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Annihilator
100 tons, ludicrous amount of firepower but tiny engine(would need acceleration, turn and torso twist rate quirks to be playable), looks like a cross between a dragon and a king crab with a weird control tower as its cockpit

#48 L a S e R

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:40 PM

Was looking at sarna and found this:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Lynx

It might work....

#49 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

BSW-X1

3 Ballistic RA
3 Missile LT
3 Missile LA
3 Ballistic LT
3 Ballistic RT
2 Energy

Result:

6 SRM 2's
9 Machine Guns
2 Small Pulse Lasers

#50 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostTarogato, on 18 October 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Penetrator, Champion, and Bushwacker added!

I looked at it, but it's 3056, so it's outside of the current timeline. But for the record, it's not looking too hot for inclusion. Two possible variants (the -7V and -4V) have plenty of hardpoints, but are pretty much identical in every way. Two other variants (the -7W and -7Z) only have three hardpoints each, so I'm not sure what would be done with them to bring them into MWO - it's very open ended. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Depends, as far as that out-of-timeline thing goes. 3058 documents put it in at 3056, BUT it was also produced as far back as the Terran Hegemony according to other sources (which also informed the Sarna.net article). There's even mention of a brief halt to production in 3052, which would be tough if it was never produced at all before 3056. And the CLN-4V was supposedly produced by the Star League, which definitely predates the MWO timeline.

As for canonical variants, I agree they are few and not great. And I also agree that there seems LITTLE chance of the Chameleon ever making it into MWO--right now, the focus seems to be on the "Icon" mechs, and then likely another wave of Clan mechs (more IIC or more omnis, remains to be seen).

But a girl can dream, right?

#51 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostLolo van Trollinger, on 27 November 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

just took a look at the dasher, there is something pretty cool you can do with it, and beware, it will be as evil as an ember, if not even more.
178 kph you say ?

4 small ER lasers (2tons)
ECM (1 ton)
2 MG+ Ammo (dont remember exact MG weight but somewhere from 2000-3000 shots)

now think about it gain. almost as much damage as a ember at 178 kph with ECM.... if that aint rocking, i dont know what else ever will.

This is essentially a ClanTech Pirate's Bane, and I have no problems with that.

Now that top speed is a little tricky. We've never seen anything successfully run faster than 171 kph in this game without getting warpy, but we haven't seen anything run faster than that in several years, either.

171 kph is the speed of a Commie with a 240-rated engine. That's even faster than a Locust with a 190.

The quoted post is based on the old 10 pct speed tweak value (162/178.2). The new 7.5 pct value gives us 162/174.15

A slight negative quirk to top speed to get it at/under the last established speed limit of 171 kph is fairly straightforward. We'd just be stealing a page from the Summoner's balance playbook (it's top speed buff quirk), then pasting it in upside-down and shrunk to fit.

A nega-quirk to of 2 or 3.5 pct to the 7.5 and 10 pct speed-tweaked figures puts each of the top-end tweaked speeds at 170.072 kph, which rounds up to what? Yep, 171.1 kph.

What about MASC? Unless there's been some kind of breakthrough improvement to netcode, the MASC engine's added boost would probably still be problematic, even if we squeezed the stock engine speed into compliance.

If we drop it as unusable tech (like anti-infantry pods, for example), we can achieve the rare feat of unlocking some space and weight on an Omni. Without it, we'd get back an extra ton of weight, and a critslot. Add that to the ClanTech PirateMoth, and it'll only be better ;)

Edited by Virlutris, 08 January 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#52 dethnuggets

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:05 PM

Thug
I tried to make one out of an Awesome but it's not the same

#53 Black Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 200 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:55 AM

the appeal of the Fire Moths, Fire Falcons, and Black Lanners are more or less the same... high speed, Electronics, and high mounts! great for peaking!!!

Clan mechs I would like to see are the Vixen, the Conjurer, and the Vapor Eagle... all standard battlemechs that have serious meta potential...

#54 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostBlack Lanner, on 06 September 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

the appeal of the Fire Moths, Fire Falcons, and Black Lanners are more or less the same... high speed, Electronics, and high mounts! great for peaking!!!

Clan mechs I would like to see are the Vixen, the Conjurer, and the Vapor Eagle... all standard battlemechs that have serious meta potential...

On the Clan side, I'd much rather see the Great Wyrm, the Savage Wolf, and the Horned Owl. For IS however, I have a small list.

- Flea
- Thorn
- Hornet
- Mongoose
- Firefly
- Javelin
- Sentinel
- Vulcan
- Whitworth
- Wyvern
- Wolf Trap
- Dervish
- Lancelot
- Caeser
- Flashman
- Thug
- Charger
- Hatamoto
- Crockett/ Katana
- Shogun
- Imp

#55 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:58 AM

I love how the OP says the Supernova will never be in the game....twice!!! LOL!

I agree with Annihilator, also.... Need a few more challengers to the Atlas and Kodiak 100 tonners.

Also, following on the Pirates moon theme... Why don't they have Elementals as an "afterlife" tactical option!?!? Living Legends style.... Would be neat to see a swarm of Elementals turn the tide against the remaining, battered mechs of an enemy team!

#56 Darkhorse13Golf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew Pensacola, Les Halles

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

Love what you're doing here bro.

#57 Trynn Allen

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 42 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:59 PM

Still no love for the Guillotine, Firefly and the (yes I have to wait for it) Grand Crusader?

With PGI doing the rest of the unseen, I wonder when we will see the Crusader.

#58 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:49 PM

I have updated the OP!

The original OP has been archived here, for anybody that wants to go back and laugh at some of my old old predictions. Since most of the mechs I theorycrafted were eventually added to MWO, I decided to completely update the layout, starting from scratch. All of my table formatting is done automatically by my spreadsheet, so it's a piece of cake adding new mechs to the list. (well, other than the whole post breaking sometimes, because I'm pushing bbcode to its limits... )

Still some mechs I have yet to re-add, like the Flea, Penetrator, and I have some other mechs already completed that I'll add later, like the Raptor, Incubus, and Chimera. I'll take suggestions for mechs you want to see theorycrafted! But first I'm going to dig through the comments of this thread for anything that I already missed.

#59 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

Alrighty!

I've been tracking most of the 'mech polls, so taking the most requested ones from those & pulling from my competition thread to see what people expect next...

Blood Asp
Rifleman IIC
Shadow Hawk IIC
Locust IIC
Fafnir
Argus
Dervish
Hollander

Boy, those IIC 'mechs sure are popular Posted Image

Looking at your old breakdown of The Good, The "Eh" and The Bad...

Rifleman & Black Lanner made it in from The "Eh" list and the Rifleman turned out pretty well. Black Lanner remains to be seen.

All the 'mechs from The Bad list made it in. Supernova ended up doing pretty well for itself, Bushwacker is the IS Medium Clan players complain about the most and the Phoenix Hawk... isn't terrible.

Moving on to 'mechs you wouldn't cover...

Nova Cat & Uziel made it in game - thanks timeline jump! The Chameleon is in timeline now, however the variants look pretty similar. The Gunslinger looks like a great 'mech, but the only real variant (hardpoint wise) is the "Jared" Hero. I'd argue the Komodo can be done like 3/4 of the Resistance II 'mechs, they were energy only. Plus, an IS Medium with 11E & ECM? Yes Please! Posted Image

Did I say thanks for updating? THANKS!

[Edit] & ECM not 7 ECM !!! [/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 11 November 2017 - 03:04 AM.

#60 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

I'd like to see a Rifleman IIC theory craft. You can copy + paste some of my info from my thread in my signature if you'd like Tarogato. If you get around doing it, I'd like to ask if I can take the theory craft that you make back to my original thread as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users