Mechs Not Yet In Mwo [Builds]

60 replies to this topic

#21 Fightgar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

I say Kodiak for clans and bushwacker for IS those are the two i would like to see in the game

#22 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:34 PM

3055 ( I know, I know its in the future) Still I love this sucker!
Phantom-C 9 ER Small Lasers 1 ER Medium Targeting Computer 130 kph.

Does the term Evil..Wicked...Mean & Nasty ring a bell?

#23 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 18 October 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

3055 ( I know, I know its in the future) Still I love this sucker!
Phantom-C 9 ER Small Lasers 1 ER Medium Targeting Computer 130 kph.

Does the term Evil..Wicked...Mean & Nasty ring a bell?

Hmmm... this mech? http://www.sarna.net...tom_(BattleMech)

3052, actually, so fair game. Just not added added into the TRO until the 3055 catalog. Seems like a battlemech version of the Dragonfly. I'll have to take a closer look at this one.

#24 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 October 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hmmm... this mech? Phantom

3052, actually, so fair game. Just not added added into the TRO until the 3055 catalog. Seems like a battlemech version of the Dragonfly. I'll have to take a closer look at this one.

Your link is broken. I fixed it.

#25 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

You forgot the Firebee...that thing is an ancient light mech that was used when the Mackie was a monstrousity.
It is a first generation Battlemech so be respectfull to the old codger.

It's like the Panther and Commando had a common ancestor. Seems Harmony Gold has their filthy hands on the mech designs too.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Firebee

Sadly the first succesion war (2786-2821) destroyed the factories producing the Firebee.
2 upgraded versions show up in 3071 in Liao's hands.
They say there aren't enough variants....we only need 1....or PGI could make new variants like they have made some hero mechs.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 19 October 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#26 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:12 AM

Still looking for the Assassin, Cyclops, Hatchetman, and Axman. Maybe the Archer, now that they're rolling out the Unseen.

I'd love to see the 4-leggers of the Tarantula in particular, but the Scorpion and maybe the Goliath would be fun.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 19 October 2015 - 08:13 AM.

#27 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 October 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

Hmmm... this mech? http://www.sarna.net...tom_(BattleMech) 3052, actually, so fair game. Just not added added into the TRO until the 3055 catalog. Seems like a battlemech version of the Dragonfly. I'll have to take a closer look at this one.

Phantom (BattleMech)

The Phantom was pushed into production by Khan Phelan Ward immediately prior to the Refusal War between Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon. The 'Mech is designed around Khan Ward's extensive experience with Inner Sphere tactics. The Phantom is intended to push a medium recon 'Mech to its most extreme limits. The Phantom is built on a lightweight Type-A Endo Steel chassis and is propelled to a top speed of 151.2 km/h by a Light Force 360 XL Engine. The Phantom has good protection for its size with six tons of Composite A-2 Ferro-Fibrous armor.
  • Alt Config. C             Another close combat configuration, the Phantom C carries eight ER Small Lasers and a single ER Medium Laser all of which are linked to an advanced Targeting Computer for increased accuracy. The 'Mech also has a Flamer, which it can use for anti-infantry use. BV (1.0) = 1,413[2], BV (2.0) = 1,590[6]

#28 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Isn't the FLE-15 a 15 ton mech?

Oh, btw. I love the analyses: I suggest the Emperor. They'd need to invent a variant (or use a newly released primitive variant). However, they have made a mech with only two timeline correct variants before.

I find the Emperor quite interesting since it would the only jumping Assault mech with ballistics in both arms... a decent laser loadout too!

#29 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

any builds for kodiak? (+hardpoint locations and space)

Edited by Nightshade24, 25 October 2015 - 11:29 PM.

#30 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostTarogato, on 05 September 2015 - 02:01 AM, said:

Requested, but I'm not going to be covering:
- Gunslinger (85-ton IS battlemech) --- only one unique variant in timeline
- Nova Cat (70-ton Clan omnimech) --- this mech is from 3059
- Chameleon (50-ton IS battlemech) --- this mech is from 3056
- Uziel (50-ton IS battlemech) --- this mech is from 3065
- Komodo (45-ton IS battlemech) --- only one unique variant

one little correction there. it is true that the Chameleon first TRO mention was as 3056, BUT it was an example mech in the 1988 copy of the basic rules, which was used to show how to calculate a mech. At that point it was said to have been in use in 3025 timeline already.

and there was a novel in which a few trainer-chameleons where used, dont remember which one, but one of the very early novels.

#31 Christopher Hamilton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII, Steiner Sector

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

even as a stalwart steiner, dragonfly firefly and dasher need to be added. the other stuff the clans have is at best mediocre lights... the middle versions of the flea actually look useful, the old shoebox design is ugly. wasp, flea - pleeeeease !

#32 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Oh god why. LCT IIC, variant 9:

From Sarna.net:

- 25 ton mass
- 350 XXL engine (!)
- 2x Improved Heavy Medium Lasers (1 ton, 7 heat, 10 damage lasers)

If a 25-ton COM-1B already moves at 171.1kph with speed tweak using a 240XL engine, I can't imagine how blisteringly fast a LCT-IIC can go with a 350 XXL engine. That, and loading it up with clan-tech small lasers.... The horror D:

#33 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

Update!

Phoenix Hawk added (work in progress at the moment, I still have to do some actual builds)

Rifleman was added just before PGI announced the actual Rifleman in the game. My predictions for the hardpoints were pretty close, I just mixed up which variants they would inflate which way.

I'll probably next do the Kodiak, Firefly, maybe the Phantom, and maybe the Cyclops.

View PostArcturusWolf, on 08 November 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Oh god why. LCT IIC, variant 9:

From Sarna.net:

- 25 ton mass
- 350 XXL engine (!)
- 2x Improved Heavy Medium Lasers (1 ton, 7 heat, 10 damage lasers)

If a 25-ton COM-1B already moves at 171.1kph with speed tweak using a 240XL engine, I can't imagine how blisteringly fast a LCT-IIC can go with a 350 XXL engine. That, and loading it up with clan-tech small lasers.... The horror D:

25-tonner with a 350 goes 226.8 kph (249.48 with Speed Tweak). So yeah, it puts the Dasher to shame.

The formula, if you're curious, is engine rating divided by mech tonnage multiplied by 16.2. That gets you the speed of any mech before 'Tweak, and 'Tweak is 10% extra (multiply by 1.1).

View PostChristopher Hamilton, on 04 November 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

one little correction there. it is true that the Chameleon first TRO mention was as 3056, BUT it was an example mech in the 1988 copy of the basic rules, which was used to show how to calculate a mech. At that point it was said to have been in use in 3025 timeline already.

and there was a novel in which a few trainer-chameleons where used, dont remember which one, but one of the very early novels.

Another reason why I haven't bothered with the Chameleon is that it is hard to cover. The -7V and -4V have almost identical hardpoints, and the -7W and -7Z have identical hardpoints (only three energy on a 50-tonner, and that's it - I can't possibly predict what PGI would do with variants that are that starved). It would be a cross between the Crab and the Wolverine, I reckon, with mostly arm mounts, but a couple of torso energy and ballistic thrown in. Nothing exceptional - probably not as good as the Crab or Enforcer.

#34 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:42 PM

Spoiler

Updated

(Obligatory Posted Image )

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 11 November 2017 - 02:07 AM.

#35 Xbwalker

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 89 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSanta Maria CA

Posted 15 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

Uh HELLO?! Hatchetman!! The ultimate troll mech for 12 man drops.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatchetman

Imagine if you will, 12 hatchetmen charging your mech on terra therma! You exhaust your heat options taking a few with you and then your lance is quickly ripped to shreds by a bunch of 45 ton ninjas wielding ridiculous metal hatchets, an AC10, and some medium lasers. The amount of trolling I could do with this mech goes beyond description.

#36 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

How many Mechs are too many Mechs?

#37 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostDuncan1dah0, on 16 November 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

How many Mechs are too many Mechs?

Scientists are still trying to calculate it.

#38 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 08:57 AM

Missing
Turkina - totem Mech for Jade Falcon
Hatamoto - totem Mech for Draconis Combine

#39 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 27 November 2015 - 04:24 AM

View PostTarogato, on 05 September 2015 - 02:01 AM, said:

[super impressive stuff]

Wow, you put a lot of work in this. Great job, BTW!

Some points:
- The first time you write Fire Falcon is "Fire Falon";
- How the heck you do that Smurfy builds? Photoshop or some messing with the page code?
- Some important mechs are missing: (for Clans) Night Gyr, Turkina, Mongrel, Huntsman, Piranha, Conjurer and (for IS) Javelin and Charger;
- Mist Lynx P is very ahead in the time line yet;
- I did a new mashup image for the Fire Moth with more accurate loadout;
- Phantom omnimech would have a very limited pod space, I think.

#40 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostOdanan, on 27 November 2015 - 04:24 AM, said:

Wow, you put a lot of work in this. Great job, BTW!

Some points:
- The first time you write Fire Falcon is "Fire Falon";
- How the heck you do that Smurfy builds? Photoshop or some messing with the page code?
- Some important mechs are missing: (for Clans) Night Gyr, Turkina, Mongrel, Huntsman, Piranha, Conjurer and (for IS) Javelin and Charger;
- Mist Lynx P is very ahead in the time line yet;
- I did a new mashup image for the Fire Moth with more accurate loadout;
- Phantom omnimech would have a very limited pod space, I think.

He made those smurfy builds with the mixture of photoshop, and mathematics to make sure he didn't go over tonnage or anything like that, you can tell by the fact that when you look at for eg...
Posted Image
You can see the bars are very innacurate. For eg even though it fills all 25 tons [edit, forgot to continue here] the bar itself for the weight used is not filled. It stops before reaching max- "25 tons" [end edit]. The cool eff is okay as the actual heatsinks and weapons was on the chassis, as well as firepower (ish,), but armour can be complicated story as well, but it looks okay here.

But some of the other mechs you definitely see the changes and stuff that make it obvious.
This is why he didn't do these pics often, they take a lot more effort than a normal screenshot. (I hope Smurfy can allow users to one day have a sandbox creation, just pic hardpoints, engine, tonnage, etc to help people theory craft). instead of links or what ever.

Edited by Nightshade24, 27 November 2015 - 04:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users