Custom Sounds

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Custom Sounds (156 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Pgi offer sound options?

1. Voted Yes (146 votes [93.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.59%

2. No (10 votes [6.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

What sound options would you want?

1. Weapons! I hate the sound the ___ makes! (10 votes [6.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.41%

2. Mech engines! (2 votes [1.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.28%

3. Soundtracks for maps! (5 votes [3.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

4. Voted All the options! (100 votes [64.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.10%

5. HUD warnings (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Alternate Betty voices (28 votes [17.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

7. No/none (11 votes [7.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostFreebrth, on 24 February 2016 - 09:18 AM, said:

Maybe even just a "Radio" that lets you choose from pre existing packages, or load your own. Could even have triggers, like changing to a song/sound bite when entering close proximity combat, or making a kill etc.

- I'd love to have the MW2 music sequence, maybe even betty too ;)

This could keep it simpler, good idea.

#22 Yukari Akiyama

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:43 AM

Whats the deal with PGI not allowing us to change bitching betty notifications or sound effects? I don't see how players can game the system with changing some sound files like missile alert or weapons.

#23 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostYukari Akiyama, on 18 May 2016 - 04:43 AM, said:

Whats the deal with PGI not allowing us to change bitching betty notifications or sound effects? I don't see how players can game the system with changing some sound files like missile alert or weapons.

Personally I'm just surprised anyone would be against this. I mean, you're against improving the game's atmosphere? Pretty much all movies use music to enhance the mood, it'd be low hanging fruit for MWO

#24 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:38 AM

Giving this thread a nudge for others to be able to see. Having some customization of sound varieties would be really helpful towards the game's atmosphere. Heck, imagine having different sounds for Clan and IS, depending on who you're playing as at the time. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Same sounds all the time? Boring." Devnull

#25 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 July 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Giving this thread a nudge for others to be able to see. Having some customization of sound varieties would be really helpful towards the game's atmosphere. Heck, imagine having different sounds for Clan and IS, depending on who you're playing as at the time. :D

~Mr. D. V. "Same sounds all the time? Boring." Devnull

Quoted for truth.

#26 BeenIn

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

I would love some sound variations and options. I'd be good with just a few sounds packages (i.e. you can pick one 'package' in your options) that you can select one of at any one time.

I also think it would be neat if you had sound packages depending on faction/mech type as the default. Jumping from an Inner Sphere Atlas to a Clan Kit Fox would have different voice overs depending on where and when the mech design originated.

<bump complete>

#27 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

Personally, if nothing but alternative Betty voices became an option I'd be happy.

#28 Smooth Hexagon

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 10 September 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

Unfortunately, the last word on that from Tina is that modifications to the game files could lead to abuses by the players..

However i still hope that they will give us this option one day, i want that MW2 mod :)

What they need to do is instead of just allowing people to upload their own personal sounds the need to make them have preset one the can be selected from. I know this is a bad comparison but, Titanfall has a system like this and I would totally love to have my betty sound like Sid every time I started up. Also not be lame but if they made them cost MC they could make more money. Posted Image

#29 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

I went for all the options choice. This is so important I think. While I am really only bothered by the weapons sounds, the other ideas are great to and I am definitely for it.

#30 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:33 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 09 September 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Hey guys, let's try to get Russ to talk about customization in the upcoming town hall.

Tina certainly passed the idea to Russ as she is the community manager, in charge of watching the forums for feedback and suggestions..

Maybe even just a "Radio" that lets you choose from pre existing packages, or load your own. Could even have triggers, like changing to a song/sound bite when entering close proximity combat, or making a kill etc.

- I'd love to have the MW2 music sequence, maybe even betty too Posted Image

Soundpacks with the MW2/MW3/MW4 sounds/betty are easily available. Many people use them.

#31 HeyPiRon

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

- I'd love to have the MW2 music sequence

https://mwomercs.com...ior-online-mod/

#32 SteelRainMG

Rookie

• The Named
  • The Named
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpanac, Tukayyid

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

At the very least different Betty voices for IS vs Clan Mechs. After all the mechs are built on different worlds right?

#33 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

MLG soundpack, is all I´m gonna say .

Driving your mech and battling is FUNNY again, just because of the hilarious comments "Bitching Bertram" brings ...

"It´s too hot, you idiot ! "
"Long range douchebaggery device destroyed"
"1v1 me"
"MLG device destroyed . It´s coming off your pay"

and so on and on ...
nearly having tears in my eyes from laughter every single time .

#34 Kargan Durge

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, gotta agree that the sounds could be better. PGI should have an interface where you can create and select your own set of sounds per instance.

I made this video because it was an all lights match versus Heavy & Assaults and we wrecked them, but I decided to add a bunch of my own sounds to it. The guys loved it and wished MWO sounded more like that. Have a look: https://youtu.be/hCzKQjYco1Q

IMO, the added sounds made it more intense. Obvious, some of it would need to be toned down a bit, but it definitely added immersion to it.

cheers!

#35 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostKargan Durge, on 22 April 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

Yeah, gotta agree that the sounds could be better. PGI should have an interface where you can create and select your own set of sounds per instance.

I made this video because it was an all lights match versus Heavy & Assaults and we wrecked them, but I decided to add a bunch of my own sounds to it. The guys loved it and wished MWO sounded more like that. Have a look: https://youtu.be/hCzKQjYco1Q

IMO, the added sounds made it more intense. Obvious, some of it would need to be toned down a bit, but it definitely added immersion to it.

cheers!

Improvement !
Nice work there, I sniggered hard through that whole ordeal ... some of the sounds fit really well ...like dat beefy explosion on the srms, the LRM impacts and MG firing sounds .

#36 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostKargan Durge, on 22 April 2017 - 09:17 PM, said:

cheers!

It's kinda like a game I've been playing recently called "Cold Waters", it's a submarine game set during the cold war era. Basically the music adds to the intensity and makes the waiting to pick an enemy up on sonar nerve racking.

Looks like this has been a decently popular suggestion with "Yes" votes at just under 95%.

#37 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:15 PM

+9000

#38 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

I would like to at least have the option of having a musical score associated with the maps, with the ability to either have the background music, and the option of turning it off.

#39 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:14 AM

A whole month without more posts? This won't do... :(

BUMP!!! :D

~D. V. "Much better..." Devnull

#40 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

I'd like to toss in my 2 cents and request the ability to adjust the volume of individual sounds.

And, I would like a response from Tina or another developer as to how modifying 'in cockpit' audio would be disruptive, or considered an advantage, or hack, since the only person hearing it would be the player.
Thank you.
Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users