121 replies to this topic

#21 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

So, overall the patch looks good. I'm glad to see that PSR is no longer affected by CW, considering that it's not used for making matches there. Also, while I do enjoy the Arctic Cheetah, it did feel a bit too tanky for a 30 ton mech, so I'm glad that a lot of its quirks were toned down/removed. On top of it, constant map improvements are always a welcome thing to see. Otherwise, there's not much else to mention about this patch, but the first patch of the month is typically the "light" one, if I remember correctly.

Now, my continued "Patch Notes" list of hopes for future patches:

-Of course my primary hopes/prayers/dreams are that y'all get around to completing that Flamer Reengineering, that you were doing the visual overhaul for first, in February, and then all word stopped. Maybe this will be coming with the huge balancing overhaul? Please?

-I hope to God you go back and redo some of the recent weapons visualizations (my poor, poor Commando . . .). There has been LOTS of feedback from the community on these, and it isn't pretty. Maybe start knocking them out in bits and pieces? Or maybe start concepting overhauls for all the early-gen mechs to use the kind and quality of weapon visualizations that new mechs have?

-Looking forward to the big balancing overhaul that is slated to come down the line. I hope we start to get some info on that, soon. It's nice to see that it's finally getting some more public mention. I sorely look forward to the public testing on those. (Maybe we'll see more changes than just the ECM change, as well . . . maybe flamers are fixed in that build? Please?)

-Also looking forward to seeing some more CW iterations in future patches. I'm sure it's a boatload of work to get things ready for each phase, but it's also been about 6 months since the last major iteration. I'm sure UI assets and some design/engineering assets had to be diverted for the mechlab and mech select screens, but since those are concluded (or mostly concluded, in the case of mech select) maybe we'll see news and updates on other CW items, soon?

-Decal System was mostly done (according to Town Halls), but was put on hold for UI work on CW and Mechlab/mech-select. Maybe assets could be diverted to get this finished off, soon? I'm sure it would do a great deal to help monetization efforts by allowing more detailed customization features for mechs.

-Lastly, what ever happened to the original Resistance titles/badges? We were told we were getting them, and then it never happened. Please don't make Tina a liar. You'd think it'd be such a little and easy thing to get done. In fact the big petition thread that was started over it already had versions that were ready for implementation in game, that had fixes to make them unique and identifiable.

As a closing note, please don't take these desires as bickering or complaints. They're merely notes for hopes/dreams/wishes to be included in future patches. Y'all at PGI have been doing great work, especially recently, and I hope it continues. However, think of the items listed above as key notes for huge morale boosters (especially my Flamer request . . . I really want to be able to go out there and incinerate things properly). Thank you all at PGI, sincerely, for the work that y'all do. On the other hand, if things on the list just don't get touched, then expect my wallet to stay closed more and more.

#22 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

I personally find it a little frustrating that the energy quirks are being removed from the cheatah, specifically from the C variant... after all, they left the quirks on mechs like the firestarter, stalker, and tbolt on for several months after introducing them... and we got them for what, a month or two? Just because the Clan side of things has a slilghtly smaller following doesn't mean we spend any less on this game...

#23 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

PGI, please balance mechs first, sell them second- this way everyone will be happy and they will know what they would get. What You guys did just made everyone angry- I am mad as the mech will be worse then it was, people who want to buy it with cbills are mad because they did not get to pilot it when it was cool, and all those IS freebirths are just mad because You nerfed it, but not to the complete death as they hoped... This is like EA/preorder problem. Let us shower You with money, but think of us as of people with reasoning. Make it look like You sell a finished product- it looks more mature (as your audience is), and it is a superior marketing technique that makes us come back and spend more.

#24 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

View PostCryzak, on 07 September 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well...if i buy something i dont want it to have some kind of "reduce" its like buying 200hp car and after first service its just 180hp becouse of some new mapping :(

It's more like your car was accidentally set with the 200HP profile that is used in China with their less stringent pollution controls so it had to be reset to meet CARB standards with the less powerful 180HP profile. Yes your car isn't as powerful anymore and that's obviously personally disappointing, but the reduced smog from your car lets everyone breath better which is better for the community as a whole.

Does that make sense?

#25 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:03 PM

Of the same opinion as the rest. Why does the cheetah keep the leg quirks? It surely doesn't NEED them, given it's equipment.

#26 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:05 PM

Sean I hope You get my message. There are better ways to make everyone happy. Of cource I mean including developers&publishers ;)

#27 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:10 PM

• Broken trees with red leafy tops now have breakable branches
ppl care so much about ACH they probably missed this.MORE DESTRUCTIBLE THINGS TO DESTROY B) !

#28 Star General Tso Kerensky

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

Arctic Cheetah
The following Quirks have been removed from the Arctic Cheetah OmniPods:
ACH-Prime
  • Left Arm: Additional Structure +8
  • Left Torso: Additional Structure +7
  • Right Torso: Additional Structure +7
  • Right Arm: Additional Structure +8
ACH-A
  • Set Bonus: Arm Movement Rate (Pitch) +5%
  • Set Bonus: Arm Movement Rate (Yaw) +5%
  • Left Torso: Arm Movement Rate (Pitch) +5%
  • Left Torso: Arm Movement Rate (Yaw) +5%
ACH-B
  • Left Arm: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
ACH-C
  • Left Arm: ER Laser Duration -2.5%
  • Left Arm: Energy Duration -2.5%
  • Left Torso: Pulse Laser Heat Generation -2.5%
  • Left Torso: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
  • Right Torso: Pulse Laser Heat Generation -2.5%
  • Right Torso: Energy Heat Generation -2.5%
  • Right Arm: ER Laser Duration -2.5%
  • Right Arm: Energy Duration -2.5%

Preorder the Jenner IIC pack today!

#29 Cryzak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

Was thinking about it but now i dont...

#30 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostSean Lang, on 07 September 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

That last statement is actually very incorrect! :)

QUICK! Everyone speculate randomly!

Uh... dragons are getting mandatory red paint jobs from the factory and since red makes everything go faster dragons are getting quirks that make them move faster.

Uh.. uh... the jenner is getting 15 point armor quirks to the CT and the Oxide is getting 2 torso mounted energy hard points... to help balance it against the Jenner IIC.

Uh... the Awesome 8Q is getting a blue paint job from the factory making it run cooler and a quirk that ignores ghost heat on its 3rd PPC and armor quirks like the Zeus.

and... the Atlas is getting the ability to fit 20% more armor than normal for a 100 ton mech and an increase to maximum engine size.

#31 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

View PostSubGenius23, on 07 September 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

if this is your argument to whatever You stand for- it's weak and cheap as it is meta and circlejerky. I mean: really? this?

Reference to Russ' twitter response to the accusation that pay 2 win OP lights only get nerfed right before they go on sale for cbills. It was in rather poor taste for the head of a company IMO... but they're Canadian so maybe they just aren't aware how much 9/11 affected a lot of Americans.

#32 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

the promised public test when -_-

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 07 September 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

• Broken trees with red leafy tops now have breakable branches
ppl care so much about ACH they probably missed this.MORE DESTRUCTIBLE THINGS TO DESTROY B) !

till they give me a title/achievement for destroying trees and lanterns...

#33 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:32 PM

I know about that, and my point is: bring something to the table. constructive criticism> just criticism or ranting. At least Russ was defending himself and not using this as an offensive argument, right?

#34 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

my point is that he is using an ad hominem argument instead of constructive criticism. this a bad move if You want to solve everything and/or make people happy. it doesn't matter which form he had chosen, it is a poor ad hominem attack :)

#35 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

I've been piloting the Cheetah alot and I seem to take damage just fine. And I do just about the same damage and kill/assists as I do in other light mechs. It's a great light mech but I don't see it as being this awesome super overpowered totally invincible mech. If you wanna talk about screwed up hitboxes then talk about the Raven and Locust...or Myst Lynx. I rather enjoy the challenge of fighting a Cheetah 1v1.

Edited by Ramrod AI, 07 September 2015 - 04:43 PM.

#36 flounder2760

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

why when the community has been telling you whats wrong with the arctic cheetah would you go out of your way to remove every quirk that wasnt the f***in problem?

its the goddamned leg quirks!!!!! and the hit reigstery on it is spotty as heck.

#37 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

*Like someone else said before. More of less an indicator that the CheaTa quirks is an indicator of BV quirks to come..

Hmmm.. Hmmm...

Anyway here is hoping to PGI giving light great sensor quirks...
Would like lights to be given those 1000M BAP sensors they previously installed in those crappy turrets. :P

#38 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:45 PM

View Postflounder2760, on 07 September 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

why when the community has been telling you whats wrong with the arctic cheetah would you go out of your way to remove every quirk that wasnt the f***in problem?

so they could say 'see, we nerfed cheetahs before they are for c-bills' not actually nerfing them :ph34r:

#39 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

The funny thing is that in pug drops, I've even seen clanners complain about the OP-ness of Cheetas. Individual experiences may vary but at this point PGI has accumulated plenty of data on the mechs and if they are making a move to nerf it... even a little bit... It seems to me they are tuning things for balance.

As for the Jenner IIc? Just looking at those monsters tells me they need little in the way of quirks.

#40 SubGenius23

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 07 September 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

As for the Jenner IIc? Just looking at those monsters tells me they need little in the way of quirks.

Please Note! ‘Mech Specs and Loadouts may be subject to balancing changes before and/or after release. -https://mwomercs.com/origins
Lets wish the next packages to be tested and adjusted before their final ingame release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users