Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Sept 10Th 5Pm Pdt

259 replies to this topic

#201 HUBA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Informations are a powerful weapons and one reason why a group is much stronger then PUGs.

Q: Will there be a way to show the loadout and paper doll of your teammates, like targeting friendly mechs? Showing this info on the pre-match screen would be very helpful too.

Q: Can we get an in game reference for the hit-zones of every mech? The academy would be a good spot for it, maybe highlight the zone you are aiming at.

Some additional points would be:
- An indicator (like the NARC tag) when someone has lock on you
- A quick command for focus my target which add an ! to the target-triangle
- A quick command for scouts to share all targets with LoS, shown like seismic on all friendly radars.
- And a quick command for "need help" that adds an ! to the own marker. (catchword: Command wheel)
- Share a Target when you aim on it (soft lock, no target info, no LRM lock but a target marker, helps vs. ECM)
- For me personally an altitude indicator would be nice, so I can see when I'll hit the ground

#202 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Aside from many of the other questions that have been asked multiple times I am interested in hearing your plans for more in-depth role warfare. Right now it seems like it is just plain easier to get a high score in a heavy or assault due to the point system being heavily biased towards dealing damage and destroying enemy 'mechs. Are there plans to add ways to earn equivalent points consistently with lights (other than buying a Cheeto and running around helpless Mauler pilots :ph34r: )?

#203 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

I've got butterflies in my stomach PGI.

Please just tell me you aren't nerfing Clan Small Lasers or cUAC/10s in the rebalance. That's all I want for Christmass this year.

#204 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 10 September 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

Oh yeah - what DID happen with decals? Because I want to slather my mechs in fists.

Edit: what about ejecting?

You know what would be immersive and cool? Ejecting out of your mech (or being ejected when it blows up) and then running around as a person with a (obviously useless) pistol. And if the enemy spots you and squishes you or blows you up, you can't talk or communicate anymore. So no more "ghost reports" or "ghost advice" or "ghost leaders"

Like in Metal Warriors for SNES :D Scout around, be annoying, hijack an AFK/disco mech...

#205 Merciless531

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 41 posts
  • LocationMA - USA

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

For CW:

1. When will planets have differing stats, possibly affecting tonnage limit on a drop?

2. Could you allow more player choice for the drop so that you can bring as many or as little mechs to the field so long as its with in the weight limit range?

For instance, if the max weight is 240 on a planet, One person could take 3x 80 ton mechs or maybe 2x 100 ton mechs and a 40 ton? This could also become a bigger factor if the planet required less tonnage. if a max drop was 200 on one planet, this might allow some one to bring 2x 100 ton mechs vs. 4x 50 ton mechs. This might influence the meta game away from heavier mechs. If you think about it realistically it would be a big deal to throw an assault mech in to battle, especially an 100 ton. Drop weight should make it a hard choice for teams to bring an atlas or a dire. Bringing one of these should hinder the amount of mechs your team brings to the battlefield. Coupled, the two ideas above could bring more flexibility and control for the players along with a balanced game play.

For public que:

1. Should definitely get rid of the hard 3/3/3/3 mech cap. It hurts more than it helps (especially when match maker doesn't do it right). Id suggest a 4/5/5/4 so long as its 12 v 12 and the tonnage difference between the teams is < 20.

2. You could do a mech value system or w/e but this might make it harder on matchmaker (and PGI) to construct a balanced match. For instance: you have 3 dires with very high ratings, match maker would have to find assaults with the same quality points for the other team, or it might have to look for lower end valued heavy-light mechs to compensate for the team with the three dires. Lets also consider group que, It might be hard for match maker to find groups running mechs with high enough rating if there is a 8-12 man that is running only tier 1 mechs.

Another possibility is exploitation with a mech value system; People will find the mech with the least score that preforms the best. They will bring mechs recognized by the system as lower valued and will figure out a way to use that to their advantage. This will of coarse be fixable with hot fixing and patches after player feedback but, again, sounds like even more work.... more work that PGI doesn't need to slow down their CW progress.

#206 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:33 PM

in case you missed it.....

1) IIC Urbanmech when ?

2) KODIAK when ?

thx.

#207 Bloodlustknight

Rookie

• The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

I'm going to have to tune in to what the President of PGI will discuss about. Most of the questions that are on my mind have been brought up by many other mech pilots but there is one that I really want to know why it hasn't happened yet.

Why is Comstar Tech for IS not been released? Battle of Tukayyid has already passed several months ago, why has there been no word on that tech which will help balance IS and Clans significantly better in cw (minus the quirks which I believe will be overhauled at that point)

Could you add a Faction Loyalty shop for cw and have it as the loyalty points as a currency? Products contain in shop will only Faction materials. For instance, FRR shop will contain only FRR products such as Banners, Warhorns, Camo, etc. same with the other factions, and if a FRR member wants a Wolf warhorn, he has to leave FRR and join Wolf to get Clan Wolf Loyalty Points. You cannot use FRR loyalty for any of the other factions shop.

When will any of the other Clan Factions be brought into CW and will they be placed next to the other houses for competitive play? (I know most of them are from the northern part of the map but FRR, Steiner, and Kurita can't have all the fun)

I understand you will most likely not add those shops since you probably need some escrow to help support and keep the game going, but I believe it will promote CW very well by getting players to join, play, and then fly their favorite faction colors and horns once they've earned it.

As for all non-faction stuff in the MC/Gift shop, there are tons in there which I will gladly pay for (rec room speakers =3) as well as many other items like having a little Catapult in all my catapults. I just believe, if I fight for FRR or Clan Wolf, don't you think I've earned enough Loyalty to show that I fight for the them and that I want to show their colors in the battlefield?

Speaking of Gifts, when will the rest of the standup mech figures be brought in the game? I would like a lil' Timber Wolf

#208 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 10 September 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Awesome INTRO / PROMOTIONAL video for the game.... we need it before steam.
Maybe have community to pitch in and produce one?

There are lots of people out there who would be glad to do one / help with it.

They just have to ask.

#209 Naos04

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

I would like a PVE campaign, Please.
Tx

#210 RaptorSix

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMichigan, United States

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Will we ever get to see clan hero mechs?

#211 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

Only question I really have is: Did you ever consider having your Town Hall at the same time the NFL starts its season was a bad idea?

#212 Starcrash

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:16 PM

I would like to know about any plans for an additional game mode.

How about public queues for 4 and 8 man matches?

Please can I have a Marauder? I'll give you more money.

#213 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

would you consider adding in the future melee attacks in a balanced way such as that so like punching your left or right arm (Q) and(E) respectfully would takeaway the ability to shoot with its parent arm for 5 sec (or what ever would prove to be best for balance). This same cool down would also stop you from kicking. (you can only kick with one leg at a time as opposed to being able to punch with two arms at the cost of not being able to fire for the cool down) It could be set up that there is one button per leg (Y) and (X) or so that it kicks with what ever leg is in the best spot to do so. the last bit of that would be up to your programmers. all of this supports the lore community and the game play community and also paves the way for the hatchet man which is of popular demand. thanks

Edited by fireball 4, 10 September 2015 - 03:34 PM.

#214 Big Jeka

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Zaporozhye

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

What about:

Pillager
Annihilator
Devastator ?

#215 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

View Postfireball 4, on 10 September 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

would you consider adding in the future melee attacks in a balanced way such as that so like punching your left or right arm (Q) and(E) respectfully would takeaway the ability to shoot with its parent arm for 5 sec (or what ever would prove to be best for balance). This same cool down would also stop you from kicking. (you can only kick with one leg at a time as opposed to being able to punch with two arms at the cost of not being able to fire for the cool down) It could be set up that there is one button per leg (Y) and (X) or so that it kicks with what ever leg is in the best spot to do so. the last bit of that would be up to your programmers. all of this supports the lore community and the game play community and also paves the way for the hatchet man which is of popular demand. thanks

Easier method might be to bind the hatchet as a weapon; push the button and it would disable all ranged attacks from that arm during the strike. In theory you could do the same for any arm with a hand actuator (just with reduced damage).

I don't necessarily like the idea of kicking; assaults trampling lights might become far too easy IMO.

#216 tworivers

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

Hi Russ,
I want to say to you and the team on MWO to keep up the fantastic work.
I live in Vancouver so I was wondering if I could stop in the office and have a tour around if that would be possible , I live in Surrey.

#217 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:12 PM

I think I get all the mechs! I got R1 and Wave 1 in the past few weeks lol

#218 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:15 PM

SEXY :D
Posted Image

#219 Caesar_NZ

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

When are we getting 5/7.1 surround sound in the game?

#220 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:34 PM

I'm sure it's been asked but any progress on the Unseen?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users