Tried To Come Back....just Couldn't Do It.

156 replies to this topic

#21 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 11 September 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

I just tried DRG-5N for the first time since quirks. It's supposed to be an outdated tier 10 looser mech.

10 drops with UAC5 and 2xLPL XL300 in the solo queue. After 10 drops, I compared the stats to my other heavy mechs. It scored more damage per match than my Timber Wolves and Hellbringers. Comparable kills per match, slightly more deaths per match.

My performance in while piloting an old IS 60-tonner and top tier Clan 75-tonner is similar. Timber is tougher, but longer beam duration makes it harder to roll damage. Dragon is more swift, better at quick snapshots and harder to overheat. Using Clan ERMLs is a brute-force approach while IS LPLs are a surgical weapon, able to target single components on fast mechs. IS UAC5 with jamm reduction is able to deal more damage per match than C-UAC10 on a Timberwolf.

Long story short, IMHO right now the balance is better than it ever was. And in solo queue the differences between mechs are minimal. It's more about correct builds.

^^ THIS.

anyone still annoying here with supposed unbalance stuff between IS and Clan should uninstall.

#22 TheCharlatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:06 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 10 September 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Mauler showed up, tried to jump in and play it and I just couldn't do it.

Now I have lots of little gripes that all add up, things that are always been there that frustrate me. The bad UI, bad mechlab (UI 1.5 worked, loved it, everything else since then I hate) everything to do with missiles, Single heatsinks and STD structure still not getting any flavor or love. Don't even get me started on ECM.

Well the list goes on.

But the single most aggravating thing that keeps me away is simply this: Clans.

I dislike clans, I dislike their mechs, I dislike their weapons, I dislike being forced to play against them in pug play. Sure as hell not going to spend an hour trying to que for Community Warfare.

I got into this game for the IS vs IS flavor and fun. Everyone had bad weapons and you had to make the most of it tactics.

But Pug play I just can't do it.

If there was ever an IS vs IS que I would probably be back to spending money and playing!

Clans could play against clans, IS could play against IS and for those wonky twisted people THEN you could have the whole freeplay mixed faction teams or just save it for community warfare.

Can you please elaborate?
Do you hate Clans because they force a certain meta, because they are ugly, because you belive they are OP, or is it more a "feel" thing, about immersion?

#23 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostTheCharlatan, on 11 September 2015 - 02:06 AM, said:

Can you please elaborate?
Do you hate Clans because they force a certain meta, because they are ugly, because you belive they are OP, or is it more a "feel" thing, about immersion?

I love my CLan stuff and I woulda LOVED to see this game start in like 3030 or something and leave the clans out of it, focusing entirely on IS stuff. Maybe even if it went 3050, still didnt use Clans....

#24 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 10 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Considering how the population is dropping off

prove it.

#25 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:22 AM

Considering how the population is dropping off, honestly they can only go upwards.

Posted Image

#26 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:29 AM

I dont like clans either. But I let my frustration out by crushing their bloody skulls on the battlefield.

Feels great! You should try too :P

#27 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

Yep, there are more of us that want a IS vs IS queue.

View PostTexAce, on 11 September 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

I dont like clans either. But I let my frustration out by crushing their bloody skulls on the battlefield.

Feels great! You should try too :P

It's too bad that teamkills are frowned upon :(

#28 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,960 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:13 AM

I felt the same way after clans got put into the game.

Game balance and everything was feeling pretty comfortable just before Clans dropped in.

Balance went out the window after that, and its just been nonstop powercreep.

Tbh, we're all waiting to see what this big balance change is that will be coming out soon, with any hope and a lot of luck it might actually get the game back on track.

#29 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:22 AM

But I must admit that Clan Wave I left a bad P2W taste that hasn't yet washed away for me.
Some may forgotten this, but the first iteration of clan lasers used to have longer range, and ran cooler. Bunny-hopping Timbers with removable jump-jets were a true menace, and IS mechs used to be no match for them.

Right now we have a strange balance, where quirks increased the IS firepower to the point where Best IS mechs are able to output more damage than Clan mechs, which is offset with Clan mechs extra durability and speed.
In solo queue, I prefer IS mechs for that risk&reward, I'm a member of a Steiner unit so we use IS mechs in CW, but in group queue I like to use Clan mechs because of their consistent performance and normalized speed.

I fear that any decrease in IS quirks will make them less deadly than quirk-less Clan mechs. Without range and duration quirks nothing on IS arsenal can match Clan lasers. (ERML, ERSL, MPL, SPL, LPL), Gauss or SRMs.
Without cooldown quirks IS ACs cannot match Clan AC and without heat generation quirks IS cannot match Clan 2-slot DHS and without structure quirks IS cannot match Clan XLs.
It's that simple.

Edited by Kmieciu, 11 September 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#30 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:32 AM

IF CW would work reliably, I'd only play IS vs IS.

#31 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 September 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

^^ THIS.

anyone still annoying here with supposed unbalance stuff between IS and Clan should uninstall.

So... that you can be left with all the denialist ppl in a playerbase that is essentially less than half the size it is now? ;)

#32 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:39 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 September 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

As funny as that picture is, needs some updating.
Clan mechs have quirks now.
IS lights are overpowered by the Arctic Cheetah even with the quirks removed (except for the leg quirks).

Maybe start thinking of updating or getting a new image? :)

#33 Wadesin

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 38 posts
  • LocationENGLAND

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

Picture this. You play a game but its just not for you. Instead of moving on to another game you decide to troll your dislike on the forum of a game you don't play anymore. Why login to your account? Posts like this are so alien in concept to my of thinking and had i the power would delete such bleatings immeadiatly.

#34 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 11 September 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

^^ THIS.

You'd have a hard time to find a match if this would happen.

#35 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:55 AM

Considering how the population is dropping off, honestly they can only go upwards.

perhaps if they ever release to steam.

Didn't listen to the Town Hall do you?

#36 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:58 AM

Strictly balance.

The moment clans enter any Mechwarrior game it is always for the worse, the game suffers, withers and dies. Eventually someone will have the balls to just re-write how silly the clans are for the sake of balance.

perhaps if they ever release to steam.

Not sure about you but I think you got nostelgia goggles. to a degree MW: O is the most ballanced it's ever been.

You do not have cataphracts who can only press 2 buttons (weapon group 1 and jumpjet spacebar) and use mouse non stop after sitting down and get 1700 damage in a game anymore. Hell people hardly break 1000+ unless it's CW or their lucky day.

Also if we look at the meta it diversifide way more, before the most weapons in meta ever at one point was 2. which I can say now was Gauss + PPC, or PPC + AC 20.

RIght now we got medium laser, SRM 6, AC 5, UAC 5, Large laser, ER large laser, Large pulse laser, C UAC 5, C ER large laser, C ER medium laser, C Large pulse laser, AC 20, Gauss rifle, C Gauss rifle, and more based on quirks: PPC, ER PPC, medium pulse laser, SRM 4, AC 2, etc.

I mean that's more then 2 weapons, it's more then 3, it's more then a dozen or even a bakers dozen... does this mean every weapon is OP now besides a few? not really unless you look at TT- where every laser is OP in MW: O.

We also got a virtually 50/50 win rate in CW between clan and IS (BTW may I remind you CW has IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan, thus IS vs IS is still around)

Pug matches are very ballanced as of recently and group matches still good but need some smoothening.

This is one of the most balanced moments of MW: O history. There are a few areas to work on sure, there is always areas to work on, but it is far more balance then the days a cataphract, highlander, or victor (the past years before Clan launch) was the only mech worth using.

I'm not saying this from a person who is a "clan fanboy scum", I am saying this from a Hunchback 4G, urbanmech, locust, and Mauler enthusiast.

View PostLordDante, on 11 September 2015 - 01:33 AM, said:

12 IS VS 10 Clans = Problems solved

YOU ARE WELCOME !

not a single Clan mech in sight. working as intended?

#37 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 11 September 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

prove it.

He can't - not with what Russ said last night.

Just like the 12man boogeyman BS that was once again dispelled last night, all this is is just another lemming rant, and a bad one.

#38 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 11 September 2015 - 01:46 AM, said:

IS Lights are not an excuse anymore since the Arctic Cheetos came out. Change it to PPFLD AC or something.

Firestarter can still equal it in speed or surpass it as well as have equal firepower and better heat effeciency... still a bit of an excuse considering the fact the IS still have many other lights that are viable with the locust having a few points of damage less then an ACH even though it's a 10 ton lighter IS mech...

1 good mech vs 8 good mechs, 4 meh mechs, 5 "skill' mechs....

Still no excuse?

#39 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:02 AM

They really do need to fix laser vomit.

A super easy fix would be just to link ALL clan lasers in the same ghost heat group.

That would prevent clan players from being able to fire CERML and CLPL/CERLL at the same time. They would have to fire them half a second apart in seperate weapon groups. Otherwise the heat would make them explode.

#40 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 11 September 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

As funny as that picture is, needs some updating.
Clan mechs have quirks now.
IS lights are overpowered by the Arctic Cheetah even with the quirks removed (except for the leg quirks).

Maybe start thinking of updating or getting a new image? :)

Clan mechs have quirks? not all of them, still looking for my timberwolf quirks that isn't nerfing the 'OP small laser, flamer, and tag" (ie MG RoF? ER PPC? LRM?) as well as looking at a quirk that makes the infamous er medium laser actually good for a nova...

or any quirks that makes the mist lynx just as good as a raven or summoner just as good as a hellbringer or a warhawk able to out PPC a awesome in a duel.

etc...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users