#302 Lord Mortak

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

May he rest in piece.
I only talked to him once or twice but the older rats I spoke to always had high praise.

Sincerely

Lord Mortak

#303 Sangson

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGießen,Germany

Posted 17 May 2023 - 02:21 PM

It's kinda sad to see my unit's pretty much officially dead.
<S> Desert Rats. 'Twas a good time.

#304 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 06:36 PM

View PostSangson, on 17 May 2023 - 02:21 PM, said:

It's kinda sad to see my unit's pretty much officially dead.
<S> Desert Rats. 'Twas a good time.

Welcome to come play with us!

https://discord.gg/HD7GUa2k

#305 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 10 January 2024 - 07:19 AM

View PostRot, on 09 May 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

I know this is resurrecting an old thread and I don't know how many of us are left but I wanted to let everyone know that Hohokam has passed away. I will be in dropping a few in his memory and poking around again. Is anyone else still out there?

Not sure what made me check this forum, but regardless, I was sorry to hear about Hoho.

RIP old timer, and godspeed. <S>

_Brynstar

#306 Sangson

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGießen,Germany

Posted 11 January 2024 - 04:55 AM

View PostBrynstar, on 10 January 2024 - 07:19 AM, said:

Not sure what made me check this forum

Guess it's the same thing that makes me check here every now and then. Nostalgia for not so long ago times.
I always wonder what happened to JJandE, who got me to the DRs.
Sadly, there's either no way of finding out or I don't have the capability. Shoulda collected rl eMail adresses a long time ago, I guess.
Last I checked, even the thought of doing something to re-found the DRs seemed kinda futile as there were few of us online recently and none I could manage to get a hold of. It's so sad I'm thinking of getting a DRs tattoo as a reminder of that time.
After all that was how I learned to comfortably speak English, among other things.

#307 Sangson

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGießen,Germany

Posted 11 January 2024 - 04:58 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 25 May 2023 - 06:36 PM, said:

Welcome to come play with us!

I don't know, man. I'm a Marik loyalist. I had been looking for our old Marik organisation and since I couldn't find them, I kinda gave up on MWO, again.

But thanks for the offer, tho.

#308 Brynstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 12 January 2024 - 08:35 AM

View PostSangson, on 11 January 2024 - 04:55 AM, said:

Guess it's the same thing that makes me check here every now and then. Nostalgia for not so long ago times.
I always wonder what happened to JJandE, who got me to the DRs.
Sadly, there's either no way of finding out or I don't have the capability. Shoulda collected rl eMail adresses a long time ago, I guess.
Last I checked, even the thought of doing something to re-found the DRs seemed kinda futile as there were few of us online recently and none I could manage to get a hold of. It's so sad I'm thinking of getting a DRs tattoo as a reminder of that time.
After all that was how I learned to comfortably speak English, among other things.

Yea, Judge was in charge when I stopped playing way back when. I had been with the DRs all the way back to the Solaris days, but many of my fondest memories were from MWO. The team droops, the back and forth banter, shooting Stingray in the back. ;)

#309 Sangson

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGießen,Germany

Posted 12 January 2024 - 08:59 AM

View PostBrynstar, on 12 January 2024 - 08:35 AM, said:

Yea, Judge was in charge when I stopped playing way back when. I had been with the DRs all the way back to the Solaris days, but many of my fondest memories were from MWO. The team droops, the back and forth banter, shooting Stingray in the back. Posted Image

Well, same, except that my online gaming career literally started with MWO and, shortly after, the DRs. Had played MW2 and 3, and I had the 4th Edition Battletech starter set (never anyone to play it with, tho), so I was quite impressed learning about the history of the DRs.
I miss those hours of actually meaning to drop, but actually hanging in the lobby with Judge and listening to his stories. Those times are actually why nowadays on Star Citizen, people usually think I'm American until I tell em where I'm from.
Leaves a mark when your first lengthy conversations in spoken English are with an old Texan :D

I also quit playing MWO (for the first time) back in those days. Nowadays I regret not making sure there'd be a way to pick it back up should I ever return. Now I can't even find that huge FWLM or what it was called, that had the giant TS server.
Either I'm too dumb to find them anywhere or there really isn't any of them left in an organised form on Discord.

Also missed my chance to shoot Stingray in the back, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users