29 replies to this topic

#21 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

....who runs an XL in their 4J? Or are you another laservomit?

I learned from the best 4J pilot in the game, Jman5.

Regardless, with those sensor quirks there will be no more LRMs on the 4J anyway

Edited by Fate 6, 14 September 2015 - 08:21 AM.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostFate 6, on 14 September 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

I learned from the best 4J pilot in the game, Jman5.

Regardless, with those sensor quirks there will be no more LRMs on the 4J anyway

those sensor quirks are not the final product. It was a test of the sensor quirks. Feedback is good though as it lets PGI get a better view of the big picture. Something new from PGI, I know, but let's see how it plays out.

#23 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

OP, checked into the quirk difference between regular and LTD GIs?

Why does the GI have the best structure buffs? PTW?

Why does the 4SP have any?

Why do all short range fighters (4G, 4P, 4SP) have Scan Time penalties?

What is with the Aceel/Decel quirks?

Even without Gauss quirks, GI is looking PTW.

I do on my LRM 4J, even did it before the Hunch removal and I run it in the 300-500m range. Better than a STD.

#24 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:27 AM

I use an XL 275 I got with the WVR-7K. It makes me speedy enough to pull away from chasing heavies if needed, and lets me use 2x LRM 10s w/6t of ammo and 5 MLs for some up-close punch if I need it. Surprised the crap out of a closing FS9 by blowing its leg off with the MLs yesterday.

#25 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:20 PM

Damn, wtf is up with the reduced twist angle on the -4J? One of my favorite features of the 'mech was always the wide field of fire, meant I could actually dodge shots and maneuver while providing fire support. That really blows.

#26 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:30 AM

I have absolutely no confidence in this rebalance at all. I pilot a 4P a lot. I'm struggling to understand why it gets a whole bunch of red things with no apparent benefits? It already gets punished with ghost heat as is..

It's not like a HBK of any variety is a top tier player...

Seems like a dartboard exercise to me.

#27 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,585 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:30 AM

Reminding people: Work in Progress.

#28 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostTesunie, on 30 September 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

Reminding people: Work in Progress.

Reminding you, original implementation date was slated for Sept 22nd. What you saw was what they intended to implement until the massive backlash from the community. What reason would they have to spend the time giving old mechs these stats? Seems like a big waste of programming time unless what we saw was what their intentions were/are.

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,585 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 30 September 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

Reminding you, original implementation date was slated for Sept 22nd. What you saw was what they intended to implement until the massive backlash from the community. What reason would they have to spend the time giving old mechs these stats? Seems like a big waste of programming time unless what we saw was what their intentions were/are.

Reminding people that it was a public test server item.
Reminding people (like those posting yesterday and today) that these changes are not going live.
Reminding people that these are now considered (still, and again) Work In Progress concepts.

Basically, letting people who are still responding in this thread about PGI's announcement in the October Road Map.

Their intentions where to try and find a better way to balance the game besides weapon quirks, which seem to be heading things into the wrong directions (and bringing about a "quirk or go home" mentality). It was also a test of Information Warfare, which they may or may not have thought they had down to a reasonable level for the test. (Which they realized from feedback that they probably did not, so thus why it is no longer being slated for the live game on the 22nd.)

Recall, unlike us players who can and do see mechs on a one by one bases (typically by our common rides or favorites), PGI tends to have to try and see "all" the mechs at once. It's far harder to try and apply quirks to mechs when you have so many to consider here. Things went wonky, and it's not going into the live game. (Tell "wonky" from the couple of mechs that couldn't even torso-twist anymore, or the Cauldronborn(?) that could twist too fast. Some mistakes where made, no harm was done from it though.)

Personally (though I was unable to get onto the test servers for some reason) I like the concept of removing (almost) all weapon quirks from the game. I feel they are an unbalancing factor, and have become an expectation that all new mechs will have "good quirks" to be playable.

#30 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostTesunie, on 30 September 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

*snip*

I really hope you are right. I really hope that they don't decide to implement a system that makes different variants of the same chassis drive vastly different. Really I do. As I said, a lot of work went into what we saw, even if they say it wasn't what they intended on testing. I'm saying that it was their original intention to implement quirks like that.

But, I'm not betting money on the chance that they don't.

They have said nothing in the October road map that makes me believe otherwise. If we don't voice our opinion, it will become live. Then it will take months to change, if ever. We'll see when/if those quirks do show up on the next test server, no matter what they say we should be focusing on testing. Until then, the only thing we can agree upon is to disagree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users