Sensor Items Descriptions And Uses Write Up!(New Quirk Idea And Ecm Change!)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

=This Test was using the Adder(OmniMech) test out how Sensor Quirks work=

Target Acquisition Delay- How long(in Seconds)it takes to Identify an Enemy,
(so if you have +4TAD it will take 4Seconds to identify Enemy IFF with LOS)
-
Target Retention Time- How long(in Seconds)you hold Target Data after losing LOS,
TRT starts at 2Second(0TRT) any Quirks to TRT are added to or taken away from this,
(so with +4TRT you will hold Enemy IFF/Date for 5Seconds after losing LOS)
-
Target Scan Time Short/Medium/Long Range- Time to Scan a Target and gain its Data,
TST starts at 2Second(0%TST)(Short=0m-300m)(Medium=300m-600m)(Long=600m-800m)
(all penalties are added for farther range)(Ex) 2 +100%S +50%M = 5sec)@300m-600m)

=now what i would like to see added is a New Quirk=
Enemy Acquisition Delay- How long(in Seconds)it takes for an Enemy to Identify your IFF,
EAD is Added to an Enemies TAD to help increase Stealth of Lesser Armed & Lighter Mechs,
(Ex) if Enemy TAD=+3 & your EAD=+2) the Enemy must have LOS for 5Sec to Identify your IFF)

with this New Quirk Change ECM, to Grant be +6EAD to all Friendly mechs in Bubble,
this change would help change ECM into a Utility Equipment not a all powerful JesusBOx,
so if a light scouts an Enemy ECM and Team after 6(ish)seconds their stealth will disappear,
this means if a Mech has LOS on a ECM Mech in Sensor range for +6secs their IFF will appear,
(assuming that the Scouting Lights has a TAD of 0 and the Enemy ECM Mech has a EAD of 0)

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?
Thanks,
Edit-

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 15 September 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#2 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

I like this, but may be the harder to detect me quirk should be taken and averaged with the enemy's detect you quirk. (ex) Harder to detect me 2 + detect you 3 would be 2.5 sec. ECM sounds great although 8 sec to detect a mech 180 meters out is a little extreme to me.

#3 Alexander Miyamoto

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 12 September 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Target Retention Time- How long(in Seconds)you hold Target Data after losing LOS,
(so with +4TRT you will hold Enemy IFF/Date for 4Seconds after losing LOS)

If that's how it works, how do you interpret a negativ TRT, like on the TDR-5SS or all Blackjacks?

#4 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

View PostAlexander Miyamoto, on 12 September 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

If that's how it works, how do you interpret a negativ TRT, like on the TDR-5SS or all Blackjacks?

it could be the Native 1-2 seconds that Exists already, good catch though More Tests, :)

#5 Mumpitzmaster

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

I would say a negative TRT would reduce the effectiveness of the TRT Module if equipped, else the enemy would simply disappear instantly, due to 0 or less TRT.

#6 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostMumpitzmaster, on 13 September 2015 - 06:15 AM, said:

I would say a negative TRT would reduce the effectiveness of the TRT Module if equipped, else the enemy would simply disappear instantly, due to 0 or less TRT.

it could be this as well,

#7 Alexander Miyamoto

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

Sooo... if we can belive Phil from NGNG, then TRT is a default of 2 seconds, before you loose your target through LOS.

Now, having a minus TRT, this means, the TRT is substracted from these 2 seconds. And if you have a positive TRT, it's added.

For example:
The BJ-1X has a TRT of -2, which means: LOS him, and you're gone, end of story (before modules ^^).
On the other hand the TDR-5S has a TRT of +3... wich means, you're in his sight for 5(!!!) seconds. (Again, before muodules)

Interresting system. and it makes for some really great LRM spotters ;)

Edited by Alexander Miyamoto, 15 September 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#8 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

the Cat-A1 has TRT of +3(5 with the 2) and with the Target Retention Module(+3.5) its 9.5!
so with all that if a Cat-A1 Locks you, you are Screwed for all sorts of 9.5 seconds, :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users