#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 15 September 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

Eh, it could be many things, but it's not likely to be what they are calling it.

If they have so little faith in their code at this point that they need to strip away all weapon balance attempts and check to see if weapons actually deal the damage listed - which is about the only "balance" one can get between Clans and IS based on the PTS data - well, let's just say that doesn't fill me with anymore confidence then the alternative; that they think that they can balance mechs piecemeal without the whole system being in place.

The NGNG video already stated that the first pass was to test the entire diamond framework and removing the weapons quirks was a means to establish a baseline. You can't create a weapons baseline if each and every weapon is given a unique quirk on a per Mech basis. And it is a first pass after all. I just hope, and so far it does look like, it is not an iteration of 1 or 2. That would be really bad.

View Postoldradagast, on 15 September 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

You're willing to give them far more leeway at this point than I am.

Why not? I like what they are planning to do. It's just their implementation that leaves a lot to be desired.

It's either that or I finally pack up and leave. But, I am way too far from that yet, especially because I am still having fun.

Edited by Mystere, 15 September 2015 - 07:21 AM.

#22 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 12 September 2015 - 09:11 PM, said:

Did someone mention that there were no more weapon quirks? did russ say something in the town hall? because it seems to me, they are testing the idea of info warfare, and testing movement and structure/armor buffs..

It would make perfect sense to remove all weapon buffs, and see how this effects mech performance, and data mine the test server, then add the weapon bonuses.. (though i think i did see something about no more super quirks) But i think this makes a lotta sense.

Get your base lines, improve mechs through other means besides weapons, Then make small tweaks to weapons to boost them further.

Maybe i'm wrong, But it seams entirely in the realm of possibilities.

So far from what i have noticed, they are going to heavy on structure, and not enough on armor for my tastes. I wouldn't mind some mechs getting pretty large armor bonuses to help make the mechs much tankier,. HBK, centurion, Quickdraw, t-bolt, cataphract, highlander, atlas all seam like good choices To get some nice armor bonuses.

I'm really hoping this re-balance can bring a bit more Brawling, and move a bit away from the whole peak and poke alpha crap. Maybe movement and armor are steps in the right direction for this.

Perhaps lengthening the cool downs on longer range weapons would also help. Get out DPS'd by double up close would be a big reason to have to bring shorter ranged weapons verse more often than not people just load up large lasers or a gauss ect with little drawbacks, take for example the stalker 4N. Longer recharge times could give a reason to use those 2 missile hard points.

I am looking forward to trying out the new stuff for sure. I just hope in the end it takes things in a good direction.

More armor...maybe they should look at buffing crappy weapons with armor perks on them

AC2 +10 armor
LBX10 +20 armor
Flamer +1000000

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users