Psr: What's High/low/very High Matchscore?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

As it wasn't answered by the Devs yet:

View PostQuote

With the new PSR system:
  • If a players' team wins, and the player did well during the match (achieving a high Match Score), the player will rise in skill rating.
  • If a players' team wins, but the player did not perform well (achieving a low Match Score), the player will not move in terms of skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player does exceptionally well (achieving a very high Match Score), the player will go up slightly in skill rating.
  • If a players' team loses, but the player performed well (achieving a high Match Score), the player will not move in skill rating.
  • If the players' team loses, and the player performed poorly (achieving a low Match Score), they will drop in skill rating.

Can you please quantify what it means to have a (very) high or low Match Score? Are these values absolute values like say below 100 = low match score, above 300 high match score, above 500 very high match score? And if they are indeed absolute values, what are these values exactly? Or are these values relative to your teammates. So in a very bad team say the highest match score is 100 and the second best is 50 then 100 would be very high (compared to the others)...

Thanks in advance for any clarification....

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

I assume it means relative to the team overall, as that makes sense given the objective while fixed values do not.

#3 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

I assume they dont know at all what is "player performed well" or "player performed bad"

#4 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

I doubt they're going to tell us any numbers. We're just getting the tiers, that's all.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 13 September 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

I assume it means relative to the team overall, as that makes sense given the objective while fixed values do not.

Somehow I really doubt it is relative given PGI's love for simply fixed values.
*Eg. Looks are fall damage triggers... Doh!

It is probably what OP is thinking.

PSR is supposed to balance the players. If the game was balanced everyone is supposed to have similar damage, kills, match score...

Very often I am seeing 3 people in the team having med to high match score while the rest is doing squat. :mellow:

#6 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostShinVector, on 14 September 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

Very often I am seeing 3 people in the team having med to high match score while the rest is doing squat. :mellow:

Well there is only so much damage a team can do to the enemy before they cave in... if one player does most of that the others don't get much to spread between them.
That's for the winning side, mind you.
Being on the losing side, having a good score and lots of damage just to find barely anyone on your team broke 100 damage is plain frustrating.

#7 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 14 September 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Well there is only so much damage a team can do to the enemy before they cave in... if one player does most of that the others don't get much to spread between them.
That's for the winning side, mind you.
Being on the losing side, having a good score and lots of damage just to find barely anyone on your team broke 100 damage is plain frustrating.

My example is for actually for the losing side.. It got screenshots... It happens often.. :wacko:
*Got used to how the MM works in MWO. :P

#8 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostShinVector, on 14 September 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

My example is for actually for the losing side.. It got screenshots... It happens often.. :wacko:
*Got used to how the MM works in MWO. :P

Yeah been there, done that ...

#9 T R3

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Yes, you can't really put numbers in but I would also like to know what they class as a "very high score" when you're in the losing team?
This was my conclusion:-

Win - finish in top 4 damage & go up 1 tier.
Lose - Get insane damage ~ 800+ & go up 1 tier.
Lose - finish in bottom 4 damage & go down one tier.
Other result - stay in same tier.

TR 3

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users