23 replies to this topic

#1 NiceGirl13

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

Hello everyone

First of all, i know that it depends on how well i perform in the match that increases my income, however that also depends on the dam, assists, kills and so on. So i was wondering would a Huginn be a good place to farm C-bills with this build?

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=148&l=8a50c0e7563ac0e00fb66294e06a03c842a61e9e

apparently many agree that it is the best build, personally i love to snipe, and the 3L and the 4x seems to be snipers (one with ECM and the other with jetpack), and are part of the master bundle pack.

thanks in advanced
nicegirl13

Edited by NiceGirl13, 05 September 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#2 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

too much mg ammo, too little srm ammo, i'd switch 1 spare ton of mg ammo for 1 additional ton of srm ammo

anyway, huggin is powerful but hard to play since it needs a pretty substantial situational awareness which comes only with experience and so you will probably die a lot for a while instead of grinding c-bills

#3 NiceGirl13

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

hmm true that but i guess i have to learn all the different aspects of the game and roles, so far i have some snipers thunderbolt and atlas, crab king and centurion brawlers but no light mechs. But thanks you are right, it might take some time for me before making any c-bills with that mech

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

In good hands the Huginn can be deadly, but so too can just about every mech. Not every player is going to collect lots of kills, assists, component destructs, and damage needed to get a large match reward while piloting a light.

It's not a bad mech but it needs very different handling than a say, a Heavy (which which there are several hero mechs), so your personal performance in a Light will play a big part in how well you can earn 'dem bills in a Huginn.

#5 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

ASRM4 x2 Huggin is a better build. With the cooldown and range modules for the SRM4's it's an absolute monster provided you can get close. I personally do not do very well with it due to the prolonged facetime to get the max DPS but I have seen many people do extremely well with them.

It all comes down to playstyle. I favour midrange peek and shoot, so SRM's aren't my weapon of choice.

The Raven mastery pack is a good investment though, as all the variants perform well.

Take a look at the Hankyu Wave 3 pack. The Arctic Cheetah is arguably the best light in the game and can be configured to brawl, snipe or play midrange. All with ECM. It's going to get nerfed soon, but it will remain a great mech. Assuming you do not mind playing clan.

For the IS, the Firestarter mastery bundle might be worth a look. The FS9-S and FS9-A are the other two lights in contention with the Cheetah for the light throne and while the Ember isn't as great as it used to be, it's still more than serviceable.

FWIW, I grind c-bills in a Cicada-X5. ML's with a range of 405m (!) and two SRM4's pack a nasty close in punch. All running very cool and at a reasonable 133kph (with speedtweak).

#6 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:54 PM

Having worked with a huggin assassinating mechs, I can tell you that the huggin seems to play differently than most other lights. Where-as I usually do strafing runs, pulsing away as I dash to an from cover, the huggin excels in sustained combat, which means you really need to be good at squirrelling in the open, and know whether or not you can win before you engage, cuz once you do, your committed and someone's dying.

~Leone

#7 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

I would say the huggin is a great mech in the right hands and as mentioned requires a lot of situational awareness to play it right

its definitely not a good mech for beginners as you will die a lot until you figure out it's playstyle

I would say work on the regular mechs to learn with then once you have a better grasp on the game then look at heroes which do cost real money

Edited by Chocowolf, 05 September 2015 - 04:10 PM.

#8 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

Fire Starters. Their hero is awesome.

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

Huginn can be hit or miss depending on your tier. Lower tier people will get killed easily, especially assaults but in higher tiers when people are more accurate with hitting light mechs you might have more difficulty.

It'll always be best to fight assaults/heavies as they are bigger/slower targets. Your numbers might be bad if you keep running into other lights and fast mediums so some patience in fighting the right targets is needed.

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostLunatech, on 05 September 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

ASRM4 x2 Huggin is a better build. With the cooldown and range modules for the SRM4's it's an absolute monster provided you can get close. I personally do not do very well with it due to the prolonged facetime to get the max DPS but I have seen many people do extremely well with them.

It all comes down to playstyle. I favour midrange peek and shoot, so SRM's aren't my weapon of choice.

The Raven mastery pack is a good investment though, as all the variants perform well.

Take a look at the Hankyu Wave 3 pack. The Arctic Cheetah is arguably the best light in the game and can be configured to brawl, snipe or play midrange. All with ECM. It's going to get nerfed soon, but it will remain a great mech. Assuming you do not mind playing clan.

For the IS, the Firestarter mastery bundle might be worth a look. The FS9-S and FS9-A are the other two lights in contention with the Cheetah for the light throne and while the Ember isn't as great as it used to be, it's still more than serviceable.

FWIW, I grind c-bills in a Cicada-X5. ML's with a range of 405m (!) and two SRM4's pack a nasty close in punch. All running very cool and at a reasonable 133kph (with speedtweak).

Lunatech has the best Huginn build, especially for making CB. (I don't like the ammo placement)

View PostKaptain, on 05 September 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Fire Starters. Their hero is awesome.

Not for a year now. It's the weakest FS9.

Edited by Terciel1976, 07 September 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#11 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostElizander, on 05 September 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Huginn can be hit or miss depending on your tier. Lower tier people will get killed easily, especially assaults but in higher tiers when people are more accurate with hitting light mechs you might have more difficulty.

It'll always be best to fight assaults/heavies as they are bigger/slower targets. Your numbers might be bad if you keep running into other lights and fast mediums so some patience in fighting the right targets is needed.

Quoting Elizander for emphasis. If your opposing team has inexperienced or easily-panicked assault pilots AND their team doesn't protect them, then a Huginn is their kryptonite, and you can produce some positively silly match scores.

BUT

If their assault pilots are a little more experienced OR their team doesn't run off and abandon them, then doing well in a Huginn is much more difficult. I haven't played my Huginn in a little while, but when I last did, I remember the matches being feast or famine: either I'd get several kills and a bunch of damage, or I'd be dead PDQ with not much to show for it.

Sniping (my definition: being out towards the edge of Gauss range or beyond) in the solo queue seems to be quite tricky to me. I'd say you need good map knowledge (to know where the fight is likely to happen, some good spots from which you can snipe, what your escape routes are) and the ability to keep track of what both teams are up to whilst also focusing on your guns -- otherwise you get eaten by fast headhunters or the fight moves over a ridge and you have to move a long way to find something to shoot).

If your definition of sniping is less about striking from waaaaay out, and more about "not brawling" (ie 300m+ range) then you open your options up a little more...

Edited by Ano, 07 September 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#12 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 04:47 AM

1 - You have to be really good at SRMs.

2 - You only need 2 tons max MG ammo for 4 MGs, think 1 ton ammo per 2 MGs as a rule for any MG user.

Edited by Wildstreak, 07 September 2015 - 04:47 AM.

#13 Nerdboard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

First of all: I do not own the Huginn. So my opinion might not be as educated as some others here. The Huginn - as stated here already - be really powerful but as a rather squishy mech (side torso is reaaally easy to hit) and very small range I would not recommend it as a CBill farming mech.

Then again I do not know which mechs you would want to compare it to and how good of a light pilot you are. If you want a recommendation for a mech which can give you tons of CBills I'd nominate the Sparky (Griffin Hero Mech).

My PUG experience is that a versatile mech will give you the most money on average and I would not put the Huginn in that category. But any experienced light mech/Huginn pilot is free to correct me on that.

#14 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

if you want to snipe - get a RVN 3L, 2X or 4X with 2 large lasers (target config) or large+mediums (grow config)
if you want to crit or brawl - ember / other firestarters

i prefer locusts, but they come around 7 mio fully geared and are painfull to get right. jenners are easier, but similar raider style. that stuff is definitely nothing for a first light. same with spiders.

#15 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,993 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 07 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

Is The Huginn A Good C-Bill Farmer?

nope

#16 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 September 2015 - 04:55 PM

If you're getting it for the SRM quirks, I'd rather suggest the Oxide. Less facetime and incredible alpha means it's a great assassin/jousting mech. My fondest memories of my Oxide involve sneaking up behind a pair of ERLL sniper Ravens and blowing their rear CTs out. The Oxide plays much better as a drive-by shooter while the Huginn plays better as a peek-a-boo because it cycles so fast, so it can peek really rapidly as well as JJ hump.
If you're using the Huginn, drop the machine guns. Max XL engine, Endo, standard SRM-4, 700 rounds of ammo (7 tons).

#17 Alzarns Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:35 PM

On the whole I'd say there are better cbill farming mechs.

First know what class you excel in - and pick your best mech from that class to farm Cbills.

I have several mechs I will grind in simply because I know them so well: KGC (Loyalty) version, 30% boost. Twin Gauss/twin PPC. Can hit an kill everything on the field and gets great damage - the things that get cbills.

I also use a Firebrand 2UAC/6ML build for the same reason.

#18 fat4eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 491 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

The Huggin is a mech for crazy people. Because only crazy people can make it work. Paper armor and huge leg hitboxes but unbelievable DPS. I'd suggest you try out another (cheaper) SRM light first before you buy a Huggin to figure out if you're that particular kind of crazy. Perhaps a Commando or Jenner SRM mech.

#19 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:24 PM

Huggin is a fun mech, but its feast or famine. Plus, SRMs are off on hitreg so you'll get less damage than you expect.

I advise assault hero mechs to farm cbills, because they last longer and give you more time in match and more damage. Take a look at the Stalker Misery.

#20 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:06 PM

Quirks are changing soon...someone posted pics of all the ones on the test server.

I'm mastering my Oxide, Huginn and Grid Iron ASAP:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users