#21 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostZerex, on 14 September 2015 - 12:15 PM, said:

Next time your in a match, turn your HUD off and lets see if its as easy as you seem to think it is.

I actually have played with my HUD off and streamed it (didn't highlight it it seems though). The only issue was identifying friend from foe, which I had to do by remembering the chassis from the beginning. The actual spotting and shooting the enemy part was actually even easier than I expected.

#22 Zerex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 298 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostKrivvan, on 14 September 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

I actually have played with my HUD off and streamed it (didn't highlight it it seems though). The only issue was identifying friend from foe, which I had to do by remembering the chassis from the beginning. The actual spotting and shooting the enemy part was actually even easier than I expected.

I agree its totally doable.
the funny thing here is i thought i was going to slammed for gimping the Clan mechs too much by stripping them of Battlefield data that they don't have line of sight on, i'm starting to get this feeling that maybe it isn't quite enough of a nerf to balance out the the huge alpha's of Clan tech, i guess linked with no consumables it would make piloting a Clan mech far more tricky and more risky. Higher risk bigger gains, the way it should be.
I'm not trying to make Clan mechs unplayable, so i wouldn't come up with an idea that would leave your clan mechs left in the mechlab, just thinking outside the box to level the playing field.

Edited by Zerex, 14 September 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#23 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

I dunno about some of the values you are considering, but certainly interesting ideas for limiting what sensor data is shared. I've looked at similar ideas here.

And if we are looking at original Pen & Paper DPS, it is actually:

LL = 0.8
ML = 0.5
SL = 0.3
AC/2 = 0.2 DPS
AC/5 = 0.5 DPS
AC/10 = 1.0 DPS
AC/20 = 2.0 DPS
and so on

Basically divide the original damage value by 10 (1 turn being 10 seconds real-time). What we have in MWO is most weapons being around 2.5x their original values.

#24 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostZerex, on 14 September 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I don't want Mix tech, what i was saying was the only way to balance IS to Clan is to make ALL IS mechs Clan mechs, with CXL's and all that comes with, including clan weapons.

There's no fun in doing that.

I don't really get how i keep saying make them more different and you read that as i want Mixtech...
Please quote me where i said i wanted Mixtech

Putting CXL in IS mechs is mixing tech.....hence mixtech.

#25 Sleipnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 233 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostXavier, on 14 September 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Putting CXL in IS mechs is mixing tech.....hence mixtech.

Are you intentionally not reading the statement? He says there's no point in doing that. Making IS the same as Clans is folly. He said if you wanted to do that, you need CXL in IS, but what's the point?

Zerex's point is to make them more different to make a more interesting game. You can achieve balance without making everything the same.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users