• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 14 September 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

how many of the same title are you gonna make lol

no repeats here. Reading comprehension issues?

View PostKira_Onime, on 14 September 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

A basic warhawk runs faster than a tweeked Bounty Hunter.
Let that sink in for a moment and then post.

Do you really want an assault speed on a heavy?

As for the question OP asked. To me this is a deal breaker. I might as well run a Warhawk instead of that.

Yeah. You can get away with it on a GaussJager, because Dual Guass. No such luck here.

#23 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yeah. You can get away with it on a GaussJager, because Dual Guass. No such luck here.

To bad ERPPC are not amazing in this game like they should be, then maybe we could get away with it. Cuz really, I typically ran the smallest engine I could get on my mechs in MW4 SP Campaign to make tonnage for more guns, armor and heatsinks. I ran a max armor Nova Cat with its stock load of 2 CERPPC and 3 CERLL, it moved nice and slow, but it hit like a train and never died. It always carried me through till I felt the need to drive something bigger in the last missions, and even then, I think I still used it a time or 2. Of course, bad comparison, Clan vs IS, but still....good enough firepower counts for something, and in any other mech game, 2 ERPPC and a Gauss is an insane amount of firepower.

#24 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I promised to buy the Marauder. Never said a thing about the Hero. But I will buy it if it can run a 300, at least.

not my fave, I consider it investing in my WHM, hopefully. ;)

Even if it's a 275, Imma buy that ****, stuff it full of long range, park it on a hill and ruin days for people.

Admittedly....

What if....

Bare with me now....

They do what the Bounty Hunter did in lore?

*let it mount Clan Tech*

TEARS. TEARS GLORIOUS TEARS. A Marauder with CXL, IS AC20 in the ST and some CERMLs. Maybe cgauss or some such. Like a pocket Dire Wolf.

Hey, it was packing all the bleeding edge Clan tech Natasha Kerensky put in it. Let that bad boy swing free with mixed tech.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

Never mind me...im stupid and failed reading comprehension

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 14 September 2015 - 12:39 PM.

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:40 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 September 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Even if it's a 275, Imma buy that ****, stuff it full of long range, park it on a hill and ruin days for people.

Admittedly....

What if....

Bare with me now....

They do what the Bounty Hunter did in lore?

*let it mount Clan Tech*

TEARS. TEARS GLORIOUS TEARS. A Marauder with CXL, IS AC20 in the ST and some CERMLs. Maybe cgauss or some such. Like a pocket Dire Wolf.

Hey, it was packing all the bleeding edge Clan tech Natasha Kerensky put in it. Let that bad boy swing free with mixed tech.

Pretty sure it had no Clan Tech. The Dragoons and the Clan Leaders overrated the level of Tech that would be left, but they sent them with SLDF level tech, since that was the highest level of tech available at the time of the Exodus. Even things like the Annihilator (a misstep) were still based on extant SLDF designs. There has never been anything implicating the Dragoons of actually bringing Clan Tech (they had the specs for it, but were equipped out of mothballs from the old SLDF stuff)

#27 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

I just checked all the stats...

For $15 you can convert a ballistic hardpoint into a head-mounted medium laser, and reduce your speed by 100 functional %. By that, I mean the Mech will basically be non-functional.

Why the hell would anyone buy that, other than to treat their PokeMech symptoms?

#28 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 14 September 2015 - 12:39 PM, said:

Never mind me...im stupid and failed reading comprehension

now I'm sad I missed whatever you posted, lol

#29 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

I wasn't going to complain about it - it wouldn't be the first hero I didn't buy for some reason or another. But, I feel the same. For me, a 275 rated engine in a 75 tonner isnjust too slow for me to enjoy playing. I know I wouldn't play it, and instead stick to my other MAD variants with more reasonable caps..

That's just too slow for me, so at a 275 cap, I'll just buy the collectors pack and not the hero.

I'm not upset, though, just not interested in a MAD with such a low engine cap.

#30 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

To be totally honest, I was drooling while reading "marauder out"....

But then the "Shut up and take my money" became "Shut up and take..... I....I'll take...my time.... to think about it".

1) the design is not even close to MY marauder. IT seems like a baby crab. I don't like it honestly.

2) it will move like a mummy.
I've already said, around here in the forum, that all mechs speed should be tuned down.
Otherwise it happens that a normal speed like the MAD one will suck terribly

#31 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

because no one in right mind wants to run an Atlas speed 75 tonner?

Even Direwolves let out a snigger when they can easily keep up with a CTF-4X with a max engine.. I guess even the Marauder can be laughed at... oh damn, it can run 0,4 kph faster than the 4x...... Oh well, I guess it stays the slowest heavy in the bunch.

#32 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

now I'm sad I missed whatever you posted, lol

Well, it was me looking up the BOunty Hunter on Sarna and commencing to think PGI massively jumped the timeline to 3015 and 3044, not realizing were in 3050, which is after both those time lines....soooooo...... :ph34r:

But after more reading, I saw that all green with credit symbols paint job, and I read the 3015 variant that has a HEAP of E hardpoints, being the one with the associated paintjob, yet the one were getting is the 3044 one....or are we able to get both? Nor do we have Extra Light engines...
  • Bounty Hunter model (3015) This unusual variant features lostech, the standard 300 Vlar fusion engine has been downgrade to 225 version giving it a top speed of 54 kph. It mounts a standard PPC and a Medium Laser in each arm. Another PPC and Medium Laser are mounted on the right torso, with additional Medium Lasers mounted on the center and left torso. 16 Double Heat Sinks are use to cool this beast down allowing it to firing all 3 PPCs without even generating excess heat. It features 14.5 tons of standard armor giving it maximum armor for it's weight and capable of jumping over 90 meters. It's painted all green with credit symbols. BV (1.0) = 1,686 BV (2.0) = 1,919[56]
  • Bounty Hunter model (3044) The Bounty Hunter upgraded his Marauder sometime in 3044, the fusion engine was upgrade to an extra-light version while keeping it at the same rating to save weight but with it's increase size 3 Double Heat Sinks were removed. The standard PPCs were upgrade to ERPPC, both the left and right torso mounted Medium Lasers were removed while the center torso Medium Laser was moved to the head to make room for a Gauss Rifle on the right torso and 2 tons of ammunition. This upgrade allow the Bounty Hunter to engage its enemies at a far greater range while still able to continuously operate without fear of overheating. BV (1.0) = 1,788 BV (2.0) = 2,103[57]

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 14 September 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 14 September 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

I wasn't going to complain about it - it wouldn't be the first hero I didn't buy for some reason or another. But, I feel the same. For me, a 275 rated engine in a 75 tonner isnjust too slow for me to enjoy playing. I know I wouldn't play it, and instead stick to my other MAD variants with more reasonable caps..

That's just too slow for me, so at a 275 cap, I'll just buy the collectors pack and not the hero.

I'm not upset, though, just not interested in a MAD with such a low engine cap.

Yeah, I normally feel take em or leave them.

But with all the Hype, and how pumped people are for the MAD, I feel people should see that detail (I almost missed it) and more importantly, think it's food for thought for Russ, before he gets crestfallen if BH Hero sales don't match hopes..... I am thinking between the PTS QQ and this, it's set up to fail, and they don't even realize it.

Would rather make some noise, see if they can avert a potential sales disaster, ya know? Changing the html engine cap costs them nothing, unbalances nothing, but I am willing to bet will save a LOT of sales.

#34 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

Im really worried about the folks with this that end up on my team with basics only

#35 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

We have the 3044 version. 3015 version didn't have any ballistics.

#36 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

I agree however, I promised long ago (we're talking years back) to buy the Marauder when it came out, so I've kept my promise but I'm hoping the 275 is a clerical mistake, or, at the very least, PGI will listen to us players and kick it up.

While I don't own ALL the heros I certainly own "many" and most I don't even play regularly.

So PGI, please listen to the rest even though I'm sure it's difficult to hear us over the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" of the great big dump truck of money that's backing into your office right now...

#37 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 14 September 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

I agree however, I promised long ago (we're talking years back) to buy the Marauder when it came out, so I've kept my promise but I'm hoping the 275 is a clerical mistake, or, at the very least, PGI will listen to us players and kick it up.

While I don't own ALL the heros I certainly own "many" and most I don't even play regularly.

So PGI, please listen to the rest even though I'm sure it's difficult to hear us over the "BEEP BEEP BEEP" of the great big dump truck of money that's backing into your office right now...

No, its probably more they are tied up trying to direct air traffic for the 3 Overlords full of money that are in a holding pattern over the offices.

#38 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 14 September 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Buying the Marauder, and buying the Hero? Not the same promise...unless you promised, sight unseen to buy the Marauder Hero, lol. I didn't so, I am going to buy the Collectors Pack, but not the Hero, sadly.

#39 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 14 September 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Buying the Marauder, and buying the Hero? Not the same promise...unless you promised, sight unseen to buy the Marauder Hero, lol. I didn't so, I am going to buy the Collectors Pack, but not the Hero, sadly.
I dunno if I can find the post and am not even going to try, but, I remember my words as being:

"You give me the Marauder, and I'll do the same damn thing I did with the Jager, BUY 'EM ALL, I'll buy every damn one of 'em."

<sigh>

I try to be a man of my word, regardless of the cost.

#40 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 14 September 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

I dunno if I can find the post and am not even going to try, but, I remember my words as being:

"You give me the Marauder, and I'll do the same damn thing I did with the Jager, BUY 'EM ALL, I'll buy every damn one of 'em."

<sigh>

I try to be a man of my word, regardless of the cost.

Then I guess for you, its a good thing they are selling them at a reasonable cost and not in some massive pack along with the Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman and Archer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users