#21 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

View PostAno, on 15 September 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

To be honest, I suspect the PSR visibility will be a relatively minor thing (given all the other stuff people are excited about).

There'll be a handful of people who are "surprised" they're in such a high tier (bragmode), a couple of people saying "if I'm tier noob, how come I keep seeing people from 228” and perhaps a couple of dingbats, most likely in Bishop's inevitable 'so, about the PSR display' thread, who want to poke at people who have previously been somewhat boastful but who aren't showing their tier -- I hope we all ignore THOSE posts.

In a quiet month there'd probably be more, but all of the forum,s energy is directed at the rebalance and possibly the marauder....

I am not sure. Look at the folks who voted for 'Full Disclosure'.
Because when a event is running you should see how desperate some are willing to get that kill off you. Or in general.

The only thing it's hard to see the difference of actually helping and finishing then just a punk.

Legging friendly lights and or friendlies, walking with you waiting for the last moment and full alpha your all red smashed up enemy, intentionally friendly firing you when you are on enemy, intentionally stripping your backarmor in the hope you die earlier then him, running in front of you blocking the view and snucking the kill on the very last moment and last not forgotten not targetting the red dorito because it draws attention of friendlies nearby and save it up.

I cannot describe the amount of royal sadness i just wrote, but these things happens.

Edited by Sarlic, 15 September 2015 - 01:54 AM.

#22 Pocket_Aces

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:58 AM

I must be teir 5, judging by the quality of the players I have been getting lately.

#23 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,996 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:01 AM

Having fun in this game will cover a multitude of sins (or screw ups)

The more fun people have the less they will care about PSR's

But if they are not having fun look out

#24 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:31 AM

Sarlic, i think its not so bad. Ye here and there , there are a**holes in a match, but its managable so far. From what you write, i mostly see kill stealers, cause KDR hurts them (probably COD kidos). Otherwise not that bad. (im talking about tier4)

#25 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:35 AM

@titannium: it's interesting. I know when it was first announced I was very much in the 'don't want to share my psr' camp, but reading some of the community comments made me decide it's just not that big a deal. If someone wants to ignore me or sneer at me because of my skill (or lack thereof), then all that does is save me from having to think about them, as they're clearly not someone I'm going to be interested in playing with or talking with.

View PostSarlic, on 15 September 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

I am not sure. Look at the folks who voted for 'Full Disclosure'.
Because when a event is running you should see how desperate some are willing to get that kill off you. Or in general.

The only thing it's hard to see the difference of actually helping and finishing then just a punk.

Legging friendly lights and or friendlies, walking with you waiting for the last moment and full alpha your all red smashed up enemy, intentionally friendly firing you when you are on enemy, intentionally stripping your backarmor in the hope you die earlier then him, running in front of you blocking the view and snucking the kill on the very last moment and last not forgotten not targetting the red dorito because it draws attention of friendlies nearby and save it up.

I cannot describe the amount of royal sadness i just wrote, but these things happens.

Yeah, that stuff does happen (although it doesn't feel like it happens as much as people make out, which I suspect means either I'm very fortunate, or it's actually me doing the bad stuff!). My previous comment was referring to the forum though (although I didn't specify that -- my bad). I can't remember whether our PSR tiers are going to be visible in game, but I suppose there could be some raging from people. I kind of think that the people who rage (or the ones who play like jerks) will do so, and may add 'and you're a proven low tier scrub' to their arsenal of insults, but I don't necessarily think people who were previously fine will start foaming at the mouth.

I guess we'll see!

#26 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

from what i read, it will be default OFF for forum, and ON for youself (probably on main screen ?) What is unclear, if its visible if you press tab, ie if the information will be visible through the match to all.......

If its visible to all during match, then expecting RAGE in chats, while 4 meets 2....... If its not visible, people will anyway say it in chat. The thing is you cant verify their info then ingame. (but can on forum if they make it visible.)

Edited by Titannium, 15 September 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#27 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

My account is glitched and Im stuck in too high a tier as I usually get cored like and apple and go out in a screaming ball of flame within 20 seconds of the first engagement - this is especially apparent when Im in a Cataphract.

#28 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

View PostSoultraxx, on 15 September 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

My account is glitched and Im stuck in too high a tier as I usually get cored like and apple and go out in a screaming ball of flame within 20 seconds of the first engagement - this is especially apparent when Im in a Cataphract.

ye, i wrote about that in phract thread around here... their STD feels like XL on other...

#29 Soultraxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:58 AM

View PostTitannium, on 15 September 2015 - 02:56 AM, said:

ye, i wrote about that in phract thread around here... their STD feels like XL on other...

I think I was the OP of that thread :-)

#30 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

oh man, tier visibility is actually happening? hooraaayyyy

#31 Throat Punch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:36 AM

You should all welcome your tier 5 Steering Wheel Underhive masters. Last is best, first is worst.

#32 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:37 AM

PSR just stops Tier 5 from playing Tier 1. Everyone else still gets matched AFAIK...for sure Tier 3 plays everyone.

#33 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostTitannium, on 15 September 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

R u rdy ? :) (for forum sh*tstorm) :lol:

I predict tears before bedtime and a galatic feckton of butthurt over people being in "the wrong tier"

Posted Image

Personally I'll be happy if I'm not in 5 (or higher)

#34 Thorqemada

• 6,373 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

From Elo-Hell to Terror-Tier, the future offers much to fear.
Am i good or am i bad, my boiling blood makes me feel sad.
Tiers to come will rank the Players, many speak already prayers.
Tier 5, Tier 4, Tier 3, Tier 2, where do i stand in this Tier-Zoo?
And upstairs lives the little One, that makes about all others fun!

:D

Edited by Thorqemada, 15 September 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#35 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

View PostChemie, on 15 September 2015 - 03:37 AM, said:

PSR just stops Tier 5 from playing Tier 1. Everyone else still gets matched AFAIK...for sure Tier 3 plays everyone.

correct. I personally would use +-1 then +-2, but maybe the gaps are not that wide.

#36 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

I played 12 games total since PSR introduction so I doubt it will be accurate.

#37 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:19 AM

Yay, 7 days to people basing their entire rambling arguments on "becuz I is teer better than u!!"

#38 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

View PostTitannium, on 15 September 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

from what i read, it will be default OFF for forum, and ON for youself (probably on main screen ?) What is unclear, if its visible if you press tab, ie if the information will be visible through the match to all.......

If its visible to all during match, then expecting RAGE in chats, while 4 meets 2....... If its not visible, people will anyway say it in chat. The thing is you cant verify their info then ingame. (but can on forum if they make it visible.)

It's been made clear, default in game is on, on the home screen, exclusively for you. People will need to search your forum profile, assuming you opt in.

I expect it to change nothing.

#39 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 15 September 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Yay, 7 days to people basing their entire rambling arguments on "becuz I is teer better than u!!"

Everybody mentioning this all the time. I dont think it will happen here. Not at all.
Nobodys that stupid.

Edited by Titannium, 15 September 2015 - 04:26 AM.

#40 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:26 AM

I would love to know my tier.

IDK what it is, but I am getting in with CWI, HHOD and a few other clans I recognize...

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 15 September 2015 - 05:04 AM.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users