61 replies to this topic

#61 Euklides

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostOtto Cannon, on 18 September 2015 - 06:25 PM, said:

What happens if you chainfire two flamers for constant fire but alternated between the weapons?

You still gain heat eventually with only two flamers chain fired, its around 4-5 that makes you neutral basically. If I understood your question correctly.

In regards to heat gain when chainfiring, all I can contribute is educated guesses, but I elited my novas using solely flamers and MG, I dare say I got enough experience to make a statement, nothing as good as solid science though.
The flamers seem to keep separate timer that they use to calculate the heat one specific weapon does, my educated guess is that this does not transfer over to the actual heat gained by the opponent. So chain firing to keep heat will keep the heat. Though plenty of other factors has negetated this for me before, like losing a side with heatsinks or meeting someone with plenty more sinks then I. Or coolshotting. A myriad of other things can also be responsible for my experience of it keeping the heat.

With other words, DO THE SCIENCE. Don't trust me and my anecdotal and subjective evidence.

Edited by Euklides, 20 September 2015 - 11:05 AM.

#62 Soldier91

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

I've been keeping two flamers in one of my firestarters, if you run just one the longer you hold it down heat will build up. Someone in a match a few days ago told me to chainfire if you have two but I haven't played enough matches to really notice a difference since the event came up and I had to cut back playtime.
But it's more of having your flaming going that builds up heat quick I don't think chain fire fixes it sometimes after that heat build up starts I can't use the things for a very long time before the heat penalty stops kicking in haven't noticed an exact amount of reference time yet for it though. I've tried set ups with 1,2,3,6 and 8 flamers.

I mostly just have those on there to distract someone from taking an accurate shot with the fire obscuring their vision of my mechs weak spot, and secondary for when I can't run away from something bigger my firestarter is easily one of the fastest mechs around but can't always break contact either have to choose between firing lasers or flamers and the target doesn't stop shooting on either option.
Personally I think flamers would be better just doing damage rather than adding heat since getting into range to use those either your mech is going to get destroyed or their mech is, having a module that doesn't really do much besides overheat your own mech is practically just giving yourself a huge penalty.

Edited by Soldier91, 21 September 2015 - 04:53 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users