#1 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

Guys, GUYS, I know that right now Paul is apparently no longer satisfied with of our offerings and thus made a huge mess with that new quirk balance pass. But, BUT, before we get to that, let's address something else, something of far bigger importance, and needs to be dwelt with immediately:

Last week, I tossed a few bucks to buy some MC (because free JJ Cicada), and was thinking of buying some new paintjobs to make my future new mechs real pretty. Then, as I was scrolling through the color menu, I came to this shocking revelation:

Why is there no pink in the paint menu?

Seriously!! Why am I not allowed to paint my futuristic war machines shiny and pink, like I just walked out of an 80s cyberpunk movie? Let me show you some color palettes:

Spoiler

You see what colors are in there? Black, neon blue, silver, and - you guessed - pink. Shiny, neon, pink. Now why am I not allowed to paint my BattleMech pink, like I just stepped out of a time machine from 80s Miami? It is a disservice to the franchise that was created in that era, where night streets was filled with dreamy pink neon.

Now, you might argue that MWO is a modern iteration of an old game series and had to renovate in some ways, but even though, why in the name of Kerensky's floppy dongle, can I NOT PAINT MY MECH PINK? I'm not saying that painting my mech pink would provide me any real tactical advantage. BUT, in a BattleTech game that deliberately broke the tabletop rules and allows player full customization of their mechs, if I want my Spider to fly through the sky shiny and pink, like it just came itself out of some Nikki Minaj music video, I SHOULD BE BLOODY ALLOWED TO DO THAT!

And it was made even worse by the fact that, if pink is not in the color menu, why is it that Heavy Metal, our hero Highlander, EXCLUSIVELY owns the right to be painted pink? An Assault mech that, based on a lore, is piloted by a legendary female pilot - PGI, are you some kind of SEXIST against men? Some kind of UNEQUAL OPPORTUNITY MECH EMPLOYER, giving the exclusive right for pink paintjob to the Highlander hero, so my Spider cannot jumpjet its way across the map like some kind of magic girl out of some Japanese anime? It is atrocious, vicious ill will to prohibit the access to pink paintjobs from us pug mechwarriors, and with that, the reputation of PGI, of MWO, is at risk.

Russ, Paul, Tina - whoever sees this - I have made it abundantly clear that the lack of pink paint job is the ONE feature that MWO desperately needs. Fix it. Redeem MWO from such atrocity. Put pink in the paint menu, and while you're at it, put gold and silver in there too.

(EDIT: for the record, that was a joke. I was in the mood of writing some British style unnecessary banters, and above was the result.)

(I do want pink paints though....)

Edited by Helmstif, 16 September 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#2 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

I know man, the struggle is real. Give us pink. I don't even care if it's the stock Heavy Metal pink. I want pink damnit! :P

#3 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostNight Thastus, on 15 September 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

I know man, the struggle is real. Give us pink. I don't even care if it's the stock Heavy Metal pink. I want pink damnit! :P

SEE? THIS MAN GET'S IT!

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,747 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

We don't have pink cause Russ and Paul cannot pull it off wearing any pink :)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 16 September 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 September 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind legally blonde pink for my Timber Wolf

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users