Early Access

10 replies to this topic

#1 Testien Surepath

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

So i was wondering is 7th of august the day that beta stops and the other modes are made available? Or is early access still in a beta stage. Maybe a silly question but id like to know when the game is fully functional.

#2 FiveDigits

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

August 7th the beta just opens up to all Founders. The game will continue to be in beta for some time. We'll start out with random battles and no Community Warfare - for a few weeks/months.

Edited by FiveDigits, 07 July 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#3 xyberspecter

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

i would also like an answer to this

#4 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:58 AM

from my understanding its like a "beta launch"
all the founders get in and all current beta players (lucky dogs) will be wiped to start from a clean slate starting Aug7th

any beta players without a founders will no longer be able to play (I am 98% sure of that one)

#5 The Fridge

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationThe Kitchen

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

OPERATION INCEPTION assets and early game access will be available for ELITE or VETERAN Founder's Package players starting August 7th.
Reserve your pilot name at www.mwomercs.com.

*For in-game currency, Founders’ accounts will be credited beginning August 7th with a non-refundable amount of in-game currency equivalent to the retail cost set out in each package above ($40 value for VETERAN Founders, $80 value for ELITE Founders), and those credits may be used for in-game purchases of virtual items only. The closed beta and OPERATION INCEPTION assets will enjoy support only in North America.

Since they will be giving us the in game currency on the 7th, i believe the founder's introduction on the 7th will be to the full game. It wouldn't make much sense if they gave us in game cash and then wipe our accounts. Maybe it will still be a 'beta' format, but after Aug 7th i don't think they'll be wiping anyone's progress.

Edited by The Fridge, 07 July 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#6 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

no, they will only wipe prior to the aug 7th launch, everything after that is fair game and ongoing..
for the founders, August 7th is MWO launch day..
I do not know the FTP launch date...

#7 Worsenary

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

So no open beta then ?
Just closed beta to launch ?

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostWorsenary, on 07 July 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

So no open beta then ?
Just closed beta to launch ?

We don't know. :)

Originally, there shouldn't have been any closed beta, only an open one and then release...

#9 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Here is an official confirmation from Russ of what the schedule is:

http://mwomercs.com/...380#entry507380

Quoting:

View PostWardenWolf, on 03 July 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

You (as a Founder) are guaranteed entrance to the closed beta on August 7th. Originally that date was going to be in mid July, but it was pushed back *before* Founders went on sale, due to a delay in getting their production server hardware in place.

Those servers are either arriving or being installed on July 10th, and that is when a massive increase in closed beta invites will be happening. Founders will be getting priority for those invites, regardless of when you applied for the beta or purchased the founders package or even which package you got (veterans are treated the same as us legendaries).

View PostRuss Bullock, on 03 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

This is correct

I can pull more quotes if needed, but the following has also been confirmed by the Devs:

- No more wipes after August 7th (this implies there will be a wipe that day, or immediately before)
- There will be an open beta (for anyone who wants to play) starting at some point "before the end of the summer"
- Official game launch will come at some point after the open beta, TBD, once they are pretty well settled in terms of changes to the core gameplay

#10 Bodha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

From what I understand:

1. August 7th founders get into the beta
2. NO RESETS AFTER August 7th
3. It will still be called a beta on August 7th b/c a bunch of features are still coming.
4. Nowhere have I seen it been said whether other beta users will get booted or not.

#11 IEC

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

I am tingling with anticipation. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users