A Typical Run For My 2X Gauss Tbr

41 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

https://youtu.be/DLhKb6lREK8

The video is still "processing" so quality sucks, but it's viewable. I love this build. About 25% of the matches I'm cored and worthless almost right away...all the rest it's 2+ kills and 500+ damage. Not phenomenal, but pretty entertaining.

Edited by Makenzie71, 16 September 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#2 YokiLin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationCa, USA

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

Shhhhhhh...
Let me tell you a secret. :ph34r: You listening? Ok.
Until the 7 min mark, your 400m maximum range ER Small Lasers never did a bit a damage.

Shhhhhh....

Edited by YokiLin, 16 September 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#3 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

it's ridiculously funny

3 small lasers in a tbr-a torso, no less, screw the bad quirks from that omnipod i want it for my mighty 3 small lasers... constantly being used outside their maximum range i.e. from twice as long as their effective range

that moment on 7:28 really made me giggle, a silly orange cored timber wolf, being one ct shot from death, hugs a heavy metal... and the heavy metal shoots timber's legs instead of ct

also i liked how he completely ignored for instance that target on 6:14-6:18... like let the mech go in peace

#4 spectralthundr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 16 September 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

https://youtu.be/DLhKb6lREK8

The video is still "processing" so quality sucks, but it's viewable. I love this build. About 25% of the matches I'm cored and worthless almost right away...all the rest it's 2+ kills and 500+ damage. Not phenomenal, but pretty entertaining.

Why the hell do you keep firing small lasers from 700 meters, you can't actually hit from that range.

#5 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:54 PM

What kind of tier is that where you can stand in the open, multiple times and don't get obliterated in 5 seconds?

And then the hilarious assaut into the garage and not a single mech shoots back on you, while you are cored.

But the best thing was the CT red direwolf at the end...

your aim needs some work, bro :P

#6 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

View PostYokiLin, on 16 September 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Shhhhhhh...
Until the 7 min mark, your 400m maximum range ER Small Lasers never did a bit a damage.

Shhhhhh....

BUT THE PEW PEW!

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:12 AM

The lasers don't do much at optimal range. I use them as a distraction more than anything. I've been playing with combinations that allow me to carry an er large but none have worked for me so far.

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 16 September 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

screw the bad quirks from that omnipod i want it for my mighty 3 small lasers...

That pod allowed me an extra ton of ammo.

#8 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:18 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 September 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

The lasers don't do much at optimal range. I use them as a distraction more than anything. I've been playing with combinations that allow me to carry an er large but none have worked for me so far.

That pod allowed me an extra ton of ammo.

It doens't make sense.

Why spoil the location? Just to look at you and fire your twin gauss?

It still doens't make sense. Half of the time you just waste your time by fring a twin gauss on long range making your lasers ineffective. Only when you egange or get ganked at you use it.

The extreme range differences between these two weapons is just a waste.

It's like the twin gauss EBJ with small lasers on it. It's a incredible waste of the higher hardpoints.

Edited by Sarlic, 17 September 2015 - 02:26 AM.

#9 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:32 AM

View Post627, on 16 September 2015 - 10:54 PM, said:

your aim needs some work, bro :P

My mouse sucks and my "desk" is a board I put in my lap while I play lol...it leaves much to be desired for aim. My favorite is when I get a shot perfectly lined up and I "pull the trigger" with enough excitement to shift my board and everything goes wild.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:35 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 September 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:

It doens't make sense.

Why spoil the location? Just to look at you and fire your twin gauss?

It still doens't make sense. Half of the time you just waste your time by fring a twin gauss on long range making your lasers ineffective. Only when you egange or get ganked at you use it.

The extreme range differences between these two weapons is just a waste.

It's like the twin gauss EBJ with small lasers on it. It's a incredible waste of the higher hardpoints.

I would like to be able to mount a couple of large lasers there since I do rather like fighting at range, but the combinations that I have tried that allowed me to do it didn't fare as well in the game. In the end the lasers are just to allow me to have something I can shoot when I run out of ammo.

#11 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 September 2015 - 02:35 AM, said:

I would like to be able to mount a couple of large lasers there since I do rather like fighting at range, but the combinations that I have tried that allowed me to do it didn't fare as well in the game. In the end the lasers are just to allow me to have something I can shoot when I run out of ammo.

I can understand that.

I like running Generalist builds as well. But this is just too extreme for my taste. I mostly use long range and pair it up with atleast a medium capeable weapons. I am no Clanner but i would just pair a gauss up with a CLPL and perhaps a few meds if possible.

I don't like long >< short.
I like long >< medium < short.

#12 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:59 AM

View PostYokiLin, on 16 September 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Shhhhhhh...

Shhhhhh....

He use them to blind the Enemy.

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:08 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 September 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

I can understand that.

I like running Generalist builds as well. But this is just too extreme for my taste. I mostly use long range and pair it up with atleast a medium capeable weapons. I am no Clanner but i would just pair a gauss up with a CLPL and perhaps a few meds if possible.

I don't like long >< short.
I like long >< medium < short.

It is extreme and it's not my preference at all. I'm always teetering between just trading them for more ammo and the desire to have a backup weapon of some kind.

View Postarivio, on 17 September 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

Aim for the eye looking things!

#14 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:10 AM

you could put 2 ml there http://mwo.smurfy-ne...771a58c00a9a80f

also the amount of leg armor on your build is ridic (22)

View Postarivio, on 17 September 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

to distract them (:

Posted Image

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 17 September 2015 - 03:13 AM.

#15 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 September 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

you could put 2 ml there http://mwo.smurfy-ne...771a58c00a9a80f

also the amount of leg armor on your build is ridic (22)

I've tried mounting the meds in a couple of different combinations and the only thing to did for me was cost me a ton of ammo. By the time I NEED the lasers the fight is right on top of me and the three smalls do more damage than the two meds.

I would like to have more leg armor, but at the same time I am very seldom legged.

Edited by Makenzie71, 17 September 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#16 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:18 AM

unlike smalls meds can be used up to 800 meters
in this very vid you was almost killed by a silly assault who aimed at your legs when you was orange cored
if you met a streakcrow you would lost both legs in a moment

#17 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for posting.

Your vid gives primes examples of two things:

First, the importance of KNOWING the weapons, especially optimal and max ranges. In many cases, firing a weapon at the end of its max range or outside of its max range only gives your own position away.

Second, and probably more important: LOCK IN YOUR TARGET ASAP. Or else you may waste fire on a part of the mech that is fully armored when in fact a wee bit of patience would have allowed you to get a kill shot with the next volley.

#18 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:41 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 17 September 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

if you met a streakcrow you would lost both legs in a moment

Dude I could trip over a raven and get legged....it doesn't have to be your nech to take me out. Fact is that "can happen" ≠ "happens". When it starts happening I'll adjust.

#19 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:17 AM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 16 September 2015 - 10:12 PM, said:

3 small lasers in a tbr-a torso, no less, screw the bad quirks from that omnipod i want it for my mighty 3 small lasers...

I think I know where he took the idea from.
Posted Image

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

Regardless of weaponry, the high damage numbers is not from direct damage but hitting internals to generate ammo crits. (edited)

On that note, assign the GR to the unused groups, makes it easier to note in the heads up of the cross hairs when it is ready to fire.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 17 September 2015 - 04:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users