A Typical Run For My 2X Gauss Tbr

41 replies to this topic

#21 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:23 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 17 September 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

I think I know where he took the idea from.
Posted Image

Now there's no way I could ever used that pod and NOT use three small lasers.

#22 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 17 September 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

Regardless of weaponry, the high damage numbers is not from direct damage but hitting internals and crit ammo.

Mainly from removing STs with untouched arms. Then you get both the ST IS and A, as well of the arms.

Crits give you 15 % more damage 42% of the time! not enough to make a big difference, especially since it only affects Structure.

#23 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:42 AM

Crits give you 15 % more damage 42% of the time!

not quite.... because theres x2 and x3 crits. a x2 crit will give you 30% more damage while a x3 crit will give you 45% more damage.

so its more like:
25% = +15% structure damage
14% = +30% structure damage
3% = +45% structure damage

Using a level 1 targeting computer also increases your projectile crit chance by another +4.3%/+2.4%/+0.5% for x1/x2/x3 crits respectively

So with a level 1 targeting computer its:

29.3% = +15% structure damage
16.4% = +30% structure damage
3.5% = +45% structure damage

Getting crits can be pretty important for dual gauss since it allows you to headshot mechs. Normally dual gauss only does 30 damage of the 33 required to headshot. But if you get at least two x1 crits or a x2 crit then you can headshot a mech.

Edited by Khobai, 17 September 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#24 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostKhobai, on 17 September 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

Getting crits can be pretty important for dual gauss since it allows you to headshot mechs. Normally dual gauss only does 30 damage of the 33 required to headshot. But if you get at least two x1 crits or a x2 crit then you can headshot a mech.

I've been trying to pull this off with the TBR but to date I've only been able to get a single shot head kill on a catapult with my own dual gauss catapult. It's a prety damned tricky shot.

#25 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:42 AM

Well, this video confirmed that I am not tier 4 or 5 and you can quote me on that. Looked like a totally different game than the one I play LOL!

#26 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:56 AM

View PostSarlic, on 17 September 2015 - 02:44 AM, said:

I can understand that.

I like running Generalist builds as well. But this is just too extreme for my taste. I mostly use long range and pair it up with atleast a medium capeable weapons. I am no Clanner but i would just pair a gauss up with a CLPL and perhaps a few meds if possible.

I don't like long >< short.
I like long >< medium < short.

For all your talk about meta builds and not liking them you actually must built the current meta Timber by accident (Gauss LPL 3ERML).

#27 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostFate 6, on 17 September 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

For all your talk about meta builds and not liking them you actually must built the current meta Timber by accident (Gauss LPL 3ERML).

What's the point of the meta builds? One of my TBR's is setup pretty much like that...gauss, one large pulse, and three meds. It's nothing special.

#28 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 September 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

What's the point of the meta builds? One of my TBR's is setup pretty much like that...gauss, one large pulse, and three meds. It's nothing special.

High alpha, reasonable heat, effective at all ranges?

#29 Balder Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 112 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 September 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

The lasers don't do much at optimal range.

Yeah, that's why all the ACH's were nerfed, small lasers don't do much at optimal range. Whatever you're having I want some!

#30 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

His silly use of small lasers is irrelevant since he isnt going to overheat except it gives away his position.

#31 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

View PostBalder Shadow, on 17 September 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

Yeah, that's why all the ACH's were nerfed, small lasers don't do much at optimal range. Whatever you're having I want some!

Ah yes my 3 er's versus the cheetahs 6 pulse lasers....totally the same thing.

#32 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Now there's no way I could ever used that pod and NOT use three small lasers.

Or triple TAG for proper Predatory lulz.

#33 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

This post might be a response to this post I made

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:33 PM
Well I can’t on mine
Both torso ballistics only have 5 slots
And the gauss need 6

So I can only mount 1 gauss on my TW
unless I am doing something wrong

From this thread
http://mwomercs.com/...-out-as-of-now/

Thanks to the OP I now have a twin LB10X TW (sometimes I switch to LB20X & LB10X) ;)

#34 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostFate 6, on 17 September 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

High alpha, reasonable heat, effective at all ranges?

So they're just a decent build? I thought with all the jibber jabber about meta builds that they'd have some kind of bonus or something.

#35 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 17 September 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

This post might be a response to this post I made

From this thread
http://mwomercs.com/...-out-as-of-now/

Thanks to the OP I now have a twin LB10X TW (sometimes I switch to LB20X & LB10X) ;)

Took me a little while sort out exactly how to place everything and keep my weight manageable, but it sure is interesting. I like the run the LBx when I feel like brawling.

What I really like is, with both cannons mounted on the left, the convergence is almost instant and spot on. You can put both rounds on the same point of impact at seemingly point blank range. That was the problem I had with the crab and running gauss/cannons...close range meant I could only hit one reliably.

#36 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

Posting this has jinxed me. Since it's been up I have had one kill with this machine and no matches clear 400dmg lol

#37 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 September 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

So they're just a decent build? I thought with all the jibber jabber about meta builds that they'd have some kind of bonus or something.

Pretty much. "Meta" has become synonymous with "Mech that isn't completely freaking terrible" in this community.

Keeping smalls on your timber isn't awful, but firing them at long range is just silly. It defeats one of the unique strengths of Gauss Rifles - namely that your average Tier 4 Joe will have no idea how to figure out where you're shooting from without a red dorito or a big, flashing laser pointing right back to your location.

You will also be able to shave off ammo over time as your accuracy improves. Fewer missed/winged shots (yes, hitting an arm may as well be a miss) = more tonnage you can spend on other things to increase your DPS.

#38 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:31 AM

Makenzie71, do me a solid.

If by any chance we are in the same team, lock the enemies you see.
I don't care if you usually don't, because we usually won't play together, but if and when we do, help the team and help yourself by locking the targets.

Anyone can make the builds how they want them to be, I don't even care if you know how to use the weapons, but PLEASE for the name of all that's holy, use the "R" key as often as possible.

Agreed?

Thank you.

#39 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 18 September 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

Makenzie71, do me a solid.

If by any chance we are in the same team, lock the enemies you see.
I don't care if you usually don't, because we usually won't play together, but if and when we do, help the team and help yourself by locking the targets.

Anyone can make the builds how they want them to be, I don't even care if you know how to use the weapons, but PLEASE for the name of all that's holy, use the "R" key as often as possible.

Agreed?

Thank you.

idk man according to some posters here there's an ongoing conspiracy to prevent anyone and everyone from ever hitting the "R" key as a way to stick it to LRM boats. Maybe that's all this is.

#40 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:42 AM

lol I don't care much for the boats but take part in no conspiracies concerning them. I try to avoid locking in places LRM's can't reach, but do try to lock elsewhere...sometimes though, as the vid shows, I just flat forget.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users