Major League Mechwarrior Final: Emp Vs Sjr - Tonight @ 10:00Pm Edt - $1300 Grand Prize

50 replies to this topic

#1 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:06 AM

Casted on http://www.twitch.tv/homeless_bill and http://www.twitch.tv/siriothrax

This is it. The finale of Major League MechWarrior - MWO's first cash league - will commence tonight (Thursday) at 10pm EDT. Following the insanely close 3-2 win by Steel Jaguar in the first final series, the top two teams in MechWarrior: Online will again face off for the game's first ever cash prize of $1300. The first match is one of the best series I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and there's no doubt EmpyreaL will be hungry for revenge. Siriothrax and I will be using PGI’s new spectator tools to provide you with a superior viewing experience, and I'm hoping we have most of the kinks worked out this time around.

Match Information

EmpyreaL vs Steel Jaguar @ 10:00pm EDT Thursday September 17th

Widely recognized as the top two, these highly competitive teams are both hungry for the glory of winning the first cash prize in MechWarrior: Online's history.

A couple months back, Steel Jaguar took it to EmpyreaL 3-0 in the Run Hot or Die finale, but EmpyreaL came back strong to defeat SJR 3-0 in the Major League MechWarrior winner’s bracket final. In MRBC matches against one another, each team claimed a single, 3-2 victory. Steel Jaguar's 3-2 victory in the first MLMW final has kept their hopes alive, and now it comes down to this final match. Can Steel Jaguar repeat their success or is EmpyreaL hungry enough to take it all?

Tune in for what’s sure to be an epic, best-of-five series on Tourmaline Desert. Cheer for your team and enjoy the show through a much-improved spectator interface. If you miss it, it will - like all other MLMW matches - end up on my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube....w4IyhpWdGtKesnA).

Casters: Homeless Bill and Siriothrax

League Information

League: Major League MechWarrior - Week 11

Bracket: http://challonge.com...ueMechWarriorS1

Rules: Best of 5, 12v12, Strikes Allowed

Mode:

* Round 1: Conquest (3/3/3/3)
* Round 2: Skirmish (720 tons)
* Round 3: Conquest (3/3/3/3)
* Round 4: Skirmish (600 tons)
* Round 5: Conquest (3/3/3/3)

Map: Tourmaline Desert

#2 9thDeathscream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationDown Under. 260 pinging.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Knowing the map in advance is poor. Should be random!

#3 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

MWO is esports material yes

#4 Prc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

GJ HF

#5 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:49 AM

Is there a site/Youtube Channel that keeps past matches archived? I wouldn't mind going and watching the lead up to this.

Edit: Nvm, looking at Homeless Bills channel on twitch I see he has a lot of them.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 17 September 2015 - 11:51 AM.

#6 Tool Box

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 219 posts
  • LocationDealing with a lance of enemies by myself.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

Interesting... I'm still hoping a steam release breathes new life into this game to create a thriving competitive scene. Considering this is the most action mwo has seen in a while I was pumped for this league but hopefully not for the last time.

Also good luck to both SJR and EMP

Edited by Tool Box, 17 September 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

All due props. As victorum ire spolia.

If I had one wish on this is that more people would watch it and see how people who understand the game play.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 September 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

If I had one wish on this is that more people would watch it and see how people who understand the game play.

Seriously.

Although last time we had people going "Wow, this is competitive play? Its so boring, they are just shooting each other from far away and being all patient and stuff. I thought this was a thinking mans shooter! They should just be zerg running in en masse and brawling to the death! The match took so long, somehow showing that TTK is too short in MWO, #needmoarstructurequirkslessweaponquirks"

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 September 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#9 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:14 PM

Appropriate for the finals or big battles. :)

#10 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 September 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Seriously.

Although last time we had people going "Wow, this is competitive play? Its so boring, they are just shooting each other from far away and being all patient and stuff. I thought this was a thinking mans shooter! They should just be zerg running in en masse and brawling to the death! The match took so long, somehow showing that TTK is too short in MWO, #needmoarstructurequirkslessweaponquirks"

I've seen plenty of hard push aggressive tactics in comp matches, it's just a matter of timing. You push when it's advantageous, not because you're bored.

Even just the simple stuff - covering each other, rotation of damaged mechs, the difference between a nascar rush and a reposition, between an actual flank to negate cover/establish crossfire and splitting your lances up because it sounds like a cool tactical thing.

What I would love to see is this sort of great event (props Homeless Billl) done as a regular series in conjunction with NBT. You need a regular series of compelling events to get people to repeatedly watch and the NBT structure provides that without requiring a couple thousand in prizes every month.

Edited by MischiefSC, 17 September 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#11 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

The first one was awesome! Can't wait to watch at work tomorrow :ph34r:

#12 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 September 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

Seriously.

Yeah I was there for that, but those voices were few and far in-between.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:30 PM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 17 September 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Casted on http://www.twitch.tv/homeless_bill and http://www.twitch.tv/siriothrax

This is it. The finale of Major League MechWarrior - MWO's first cash league - will commence tonight (Thursday) at 10pm EDT. Following the insanely close 3-2 win by Steel Jaguar in the first final series, the top two teams in MechWarrior: Online will again face off for the game's first ever cash prize of $1300. The first match is one of the best series I've ever had the pleasure of watching, and there's no doubt EmpyreaL will be hungry for revenge. Siriothrax and I will be using PGI’s new spectator tools to provide you with a superior viewing experience, and I'm hoping we have most of the kinks worked out this time around.

Match Information

EmpyreaL vs Steel Jaguar @ 10:00pm EDT Thursday September 17th

Widely recognized as the top two, these highly competitive teams are both hungry for the glory of winning the first cash prize in MechWarrior: Online's history.

A couple months back, Steel Jaguar took it to EmpyreaL 3-0 in the Run Hot or Die finale, but EmpyreaL came back strong to defeat SJR 3-0 in the Major League MechWarrior winner’s bracket final. In MRBC matches against one another, each team claimed a single, 3-2 victory. Steel Jaguar's 3-2 victory in the first MLMW final has kept their hopes alive, and now it comes down to this final match. Can Steel Jaguar repeat their success or is EmpyreaL hungry enough to take it all?

Tune in for what’s sure to be an epic, best-of-five series on Tourmaline Desert. Cheer for your team and enjoy the show through a much-improved spectator interface. If you miss it, it will - like all other MLMW matches - end up on my Youtube channel (https://www.youtube....w4IyhpWdGtKesnA).

Casters: Homeless Bill and Siriothrax

League Information

League: Major League MechWarrior - Week 11

Bracket: http://challonge.com...ueMechWarriorS1

Rules: Best of 5, 12v12, Strikes Allowed

Mode:

* Round 1: Conquest (3/3/3/3)
* Round 2: Skirmish (720 tons)
* Round 3: Conquest (3/3/3/3)
* Round 4: Skirmish (600 tons)
* Round 5: Conquest (3/3/3/3)

Map: Tourmaline Desert

huh...sounds like a rerun......

#14 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 17 September 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Is there a site/Youtube Channel that keeps past matches archived? I wouldn't mind going and watching the lead up to this.

Edit: Nvm, looking at Homeless Bills channel on twitch I see he has a lot of them.

My Youtube channel has a ton of them, and I do highly recommend watching the first final between SJR and EmP. It's one of the closest, best series I've ever had the pleasure of watching / casting:

#15 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 September 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

huh...sounds like a rerun......

huh?

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostSaxie, on 17 September 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

huh?

EMP vs SJR for all the cookies, blah blah blah.

Re-run.

For leagues to be interesting, they need to handle rosters different.

Season Rosters, cutdowns, etc.

Spread the Comp Talent more across teams.

Kind of like how NFL cuts down to 53 players, and 46 actives for game day. Have any units entered into the league have a Max Unit Roster of like 20 players, 15 for game day, and maybe we see other units form up from former SJR, EMP, etc who want to be active, see more competitive teams.

At least for MWO, the results are bloody predictable. Larger game populations might not need artificial incentivization, but honestly, MWO Comp seen? Re-Runs.

#17 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 September 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I've seen plenty of hard push aggressive tactics in comp matches, it's just a matter of timing. You push when it's advantageous, not because you're bored.

Even just the simple stuff - covering each other, rotation of damaged mechs, the difference between a nascar rush and a reposition, between an actual flank to negate cover/establish crossfire and splitting your lances up because it sounds like a cool tactical thing.

What I would love to see is this sort of great event (props Homeless Billl) done as a regular series in conjunction with NBT. You need a regular series of compelling events to get people to repeatedly watch and the NBT structure provides that without requiring a couple thousand in prizes every month.

My point was, that the same people who complain about low TTK, and complain that there is no "thought" in this game, when it is supposed to be a thinking man's shooter, want the game to be all mindless zerg rush brawling.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 17 September 2015 - 02:37 PM.

#18 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 17 September 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

My point was, that same people who complain about low TTK, and that there is no "thought" in this game, when it is supposed to be a thinking man's shooter, and then want the game to be all mindless zerg rush brawling.

Yep I agree with you. All that exists - because there is a lot more thinking involved. The issue is too few people are fans of the thinking part.

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,531 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 September 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Max Unit Roster of like 20 players, 15 for game day, and maybe we see other units form up from former SJR, EMP, etc who want to be active, see more competitive teams.

I think you overestimate how many active players are within each unit.

#20 Coburn

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Thanks in advance to anyone that tunes in to watch, Hopefully we put on an exciting set of drops !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users