#41 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 01 October 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

No kidding: something I have to say over and over and over in CW PUG drops (and even team drops with newer teammembers) is: "DO NOT TRADE SHOTS WITH THE CLANS AT RANGE."

Don't do it. You'll lose. Everything the Clans have is longer range than it's IS counterpart. With quirks, a few specific mechs have an edge, but its minor and the benefit of your one mech poking at the extreme edge of effectiveness of your ERLL isn't going to match up with all 12 Clan mechs you're facing poking back with theirs.

Clan weapons have longer max range, but IS can fire more weapons simultaneously without ghost heat. Even individually, Clan weapons generate more heat.

Edited by Ed Steele, 01 October 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#42 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:52 AM

and thats why Clans cant win a Long Range fight. Even not if you bring 12 Mechs in a Line and all can fire Alphas. and dont forget the Hardpoints. A Stalker can shoot 2 Alphas before the Clanmech is able to shoot back.

Edited by Memnon Valerius Thrax, 01 October 2015 - 09:55 AM.

#43 Bubblewhip

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

AFAIK, Clans have the opportunity for high alpha w/o ghost heat, 4ML+2LPL or 4-6 ML + gauss is always greater than 3LL IS. But IS has way higher sustained DPS, with ThunderWub 7 MPL, 3 LPL, Stalker 4N, or Dragon with dmg output equivelent to 4 gauss rifles.

Clans will out poke in cover vs cover environment, but IS will out brawl, and out damage in open fields and terrain.

That or, if Clans are better skilled on the top end SJR, or EMP they can out alpha CT any team and make the higher sustained DPS moot.

#44 Bashfulsalamander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Locationnot looking at forums

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:20 AM

I got tired after reading half of this forum..... same BS Clans OP... IS OP... Team OP... Maps Suck.... Matchmaker sucks...
get
really same thing in every CW thread... You all already know that they are reworking quirks... As for map well they dont really
a
suck that much you have a base.. it has 2-3 doors.. you pick an entry point or three. and you come up with a plan that either
unit
involves using range or brawling to establish control over the area. Its easy to attack and to defend..... because its a very
and
simple concept.. why dont people understand this? If you want something more.. well go to the "I have an idea" forums and
learn
state your idea for game modes and map concepts. Rather then trying to blame the game for your own short comings.
to
Also CW is very meta unless you just feel like toying around, so if you suck while actually trying. post images of your games,
play
your builds, and maybe make some vids so that people can try to help you.

Edited by Bashfulsalamander, 01 October 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#45 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

View PostBashfulsalamander, on 01 October 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

I got tired after reading half of this forum..... same BS Clans OP... IS OP... Team OP... Maps Suck.... Matchmaker sucks...
get
really same thing in every CW thread... You all already know that they are reworking quirks... As for map well they dont really
a
suck that much you have a base.. it has 2-3 doors.. you pick an entry point or three. and you come up with a plan that either
unit
involves using range or brawling to establish control over the area. Its easy to attack and to defend..... because its a very
and
simple concept.. why dont people understand this? If you want something more.. well go to the "I have an idea" forums and
learn
state your idea for game modes and map concepts. Rather then trying to blame the game for your own short comings.
to
Also CW is very meta unless you just feel like toying around, so if you suck while actually trying. post images of your games,
play
your builds, and maybe make some vids so that people can try to help you.

To summarize your rant, CW was always supposed to be the hardcore team mode.

#46 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostMechregSurn, on 01 October 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

The Zeus 9s at 80tons with up to 5 erll +20% range is amazing on boreal and hellbore. Put 3 in your arm, one center torso and one side torso.

all low mounted, will lose horribly to a half decent clan poker

#47 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 October 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

all low mounted, will lose horribly to a half decent clan poker

Nah, don't you get it? It will beat an ERLL Vulture every single time. That's what matters. Gawd. IS OP.

Edited by Tarogato, 04 October 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#48 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:14 AM

I find no difference in IS and Clan once they balance the mechs.
All you need to do is have coordination and preferrably a 12 man because of wait times.
I find it easier to kill most clan mechs in CW than IS because of the CT and Torso hit boxes.
Get them close quarters and brawl them because they will overheat or not do much damage to you trying not to overheat.

#49 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 04 October 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

I find no difference in IS and Clan once they balance the mechs.
All you need to do is have coordination and preferrably a 12 man because of wait times.
I find it easier to kill most clan mechs in CW than IS because of the CT and Torso hit boxes.
Get them close quarters and brawl them because they will overheat or not do much damage to you trying not to overheat.

Another argument that I am tired of. In BATTLETECH / MECHWARRIOR mechs are not intended to be balanced, there are supposed to be good designs and bad designs, new tech and old tech. This is supposed to be a team game, as a team you are supposed to coordinate your forces to take advantage of your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. You are not supposed to be able to grab any mech and go head to head with any other mech and expect to be evenly matched.

#50 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostVoro117, on 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

If I ever saw this setup in a total war game I'd pull back my forces and pillage surrounding country or try to starve them out, because there's no way I'd be able to take a castle by storming just the front gates without enough bodies to be able to win by weight of numbers

Totaly Amen.Just one thing in addition.Add ballistas all over the castle yard in addition to 1km range crossbow man

View PostVoro117, on 17 September 2015 - 11:20 AM, said:

If I ever saw this setup in a total war game I'd pull back my forces and pillage surrounding country or try to starve them out, because there's no way I'd be able to take a castle by storming just the front gates without enough bodies to be able to win by weight of numbers

Totaly Amen.Just one thing in addition.Add ballistas all over the castle yard in addition to 1km range crossbow man

#51 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 October 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

This is supposed to be a team game, as a team you are supposed to coordinate your forces to take advantage of your strengths and minimize your weaknesses. You are not supposed to be able to grab any mech and go head to head with any other mech and expect to be evenly matched.

achieve that in a match with 12 people you never met before + noone uses comms.Good luck with that.The majority of players
rather leave this part of mwo and let it be never touched again then joining an organized group.
Cause you know, not everybody want to combine "doing a gaming session" with "social interaction supreme" (20 mins in lobby
waiting for a match > mission incoming = mechwarrior kill time instead

#52 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

ask me they need to completely un gimp clans, brings their double heat sinks in line with IS doubles (cooling rate that is clans do like 1.2 and IS does like 1.4) then bring their laser hold times back to the old standard before the big gimping. once the clans are un gimped , make clans three teams of 3 (so 9) and leave IS at 12 so it's 9 v 12. but of course that would screw up non CW matches badly then.

Edited by Demon Horde, 04 October 2015 - 02:05 PM.

#53 Demon Horde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

View Postshr84, on 04 October 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

achieve that in a match with 12 people you never met before + noone uses comms.Good luck with that.The majority of players
rather leave this part of mwo and let it be never touched again then joining an organized group.
Cause you know, not everybody want to combine "doing a gaming session" with "social interaction supreme" (20 mins in lobby

well there are folks like me I used to use the coms all the time , but then my dog ate my mic , don't have a job atm so can't get anew one.

#54 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

View Postshr84, on 04 October 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

I regularly solo pug, so you don't need to remind me of what a disorganized mess it is, but that is no reason to remake this game and throw out any BATTLETECH rules. People can learn to sink, or swim.

#55 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

If Ed you do that then make it that clan can only field 10 people and IS can do 12 to make it balanced. Atleast in CW.

#56 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 04 October 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

If Ed you do that then make it that clan can only field 10 people and IS can do 12 to make it balanced. Atleast in CW.

I would love to see all quirks and nerfs be removed and Clans be forced to play 10 vs 12 and a true BV system be integrated.

#57 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 October 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

I would love to see all quirks and nerfs be removed and Clans be forced to play 10 vs 12 and a true BV system be integrated.

Except that won't happen, because clan players will cry their eyes out. We got a 20 ton increase to our drop decks during the last event, and I saw at least 70+ different posters threatening to quit the game if that stuck. You think they'd be okay with playing 10 v 12, or more accurately 40 v 48?

#58 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:33 AM

View PostDemon Horde, on 04 October 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

well there are folks like me I used to use the coms all the time , but then my dog ate my mic , don't have a job atm so can't get anew one.

ah yeah right -_- but you can just listen @_@

#59 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 October 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

Except that won't happen, because clan players will cry their eyes out. We got a 20 ton increase to our drop decks during the last event, and I saw at least 70+ different posters threatening to quit the game if that stuck. You think they'd be okay with playing 10 v 12, or more accurately 40 v 48?

PGI needs to do what HBS is doing and give us a clear outline of what they plan to do (within their capabilities) and then say "this is how the game will be, now support it because you like what it is, or move on." And then just stop listening to people whining and focus on delivering what is on their roadmap in a timely manner.

Edited by Ed Steele, 05 October 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#60 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

oh mech gods, i pray to you. may the enemy have more trial mechs and cowards than my team. thank you

and no, its not about who will win the long range or short range, with pugs who follow the above law of evilness clan wins beacuse:
alphas from clan have averagely longer range an more damage (more hard points ERMDL), then they hide and cool
inner sphere pilots rely on the fact that they have more damage per second, but this works only when the team helps to keep each other alive and only when the rest of the team is not currently busy crapping their cockpit instead of advancing and firing weapons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users