New Weekend Event, Thougths And Questions?

58 replies to this topic

#21 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:01 PM

Thank christ. I just had someone tell me my c-bills from assists/game completion were forfeit if I quit early. I was about to rage post.

#22 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

Are you instantly quitting the second you are destroyed?
Or are you waiting for those 5 seconds after your death camera is done and it switches you to Spectate mode?

Maybe there is a trigger that isn't working right ect.. try to recall.
Try to figure out the specifics.

#23 Team Chevy86

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Please do. I just checked my tournament page and I have 1 DC already. I haven't quit without dieing yet, and even if I perform craptastically I usually stick around for a couple seconds at the very least

EDIT: Make that 2 DC's
Heh. At this rate I wonder what my global disconnect rate is, according to how the game records DC's

Edited by Team Chevy86, 17 September 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#24 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

I'm starting to think there needs to be a hotfix (although it shouldn't be necessary if their netcode was designed correctly).

Probably need to wait a bit after dying though...

Edited by Deathlike, 17 September 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#25 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

So is there any way to select maps or do you just have to hope you get the ones you need?

#26 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

3 Disco's and my 1000+ match score boreal vote not counted.

This disco requirement needs to be removed if its causing this much of a problem.

#27 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostSader325, on 17 September 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

3 Disco's and my 1000+ match score boreal vote not counted.

This disco requirement needs to be removed if its causing this much of a problem.

It makes sense why its there though. People would just disco until they get the map they want.

They absolutely have to fix it though.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 17 September 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#28 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

God damnit, no events the past weekends when i was available, and finally a new kind of event just when i am away over the weekend.

Looks like this could be grindy because lol every single map, with no way of determining what map you end up on. Good luck.

#29 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

The threshold is kinda high... I'm in a higher tier than I belong, and getting a good game has been nigh impossible for the last month. I just had a 3k, 400 damage game. not great, I know, but it only scored 280. Seriously?

#30 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostVotanin FleshRender, on 17 September 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

The threshold is kinda high... I'm in a higher tier than I belong, and getting a good game has been nigh impossible for the last month. I just had a 3k, 400 damage game. not great, I know, but it only scored 280. Seriously?

Winning is going to be such a big factor. I had a 500 damage game and manage to scrape a 358 in my first which was a loss and then a 750 match score in my 2nd when we won (1000+ damage probably helped too).

I also noted in another thread I felt like I had dropped a tier lately so perfect timing for me!

#31 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

For the record, you'd need a great game to quality.

300 match score points is 600 damage... though realistically, you'll need like 450 damage with at least 6 assists to qualify.

So, you literally have to play it like a super-grind tourney where you are the top dog in a match.

400 match score is 800 damage.. or realistically 500+ damage with at least "touching" ~9ish mechs via assists or kills.

For CW, you'd have to at least create a roflstomp and play to use maybe half the mechs in your dropdeck.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 September 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#32 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostMister D, on 17 September 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

At the end of this, do we get a single Tier-1 or Tier-2 prize pack for hitting the score?
Or can we actually end up with 9 prize packs..
2700 MC is a pretty sweet deal for any event, and that is just for pub bracket..

One prize in total if you manage to get 300 score on all maps. That's just 300 MC, 2M C-Bills (or 4 plus cockpit clutter if you score 400 on every map), some consumable junk, and 3 days premium that's awarded AFTER you've done the whole thing so that it's most likely active for the first 3 days you're back at work next week.

It's better than nothing if you were going to play lots this weekend anyway, but much worse than other previous events. High score requirement, RNG frustration element, and small prizes.

Edited by Otto Cannon, 17 September 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#33 ShinobiHunter

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

Tourneys really seem to bring out the underhive in players... I think I'm going to sit this weekend out.

#34 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:38 PM

The event more seems to me they want to bribe people into CW. It is easier there to get the match scores.
In Puugladia there will be hell to reach this very highscores to qualify and it needs meta or close meta loadouts

#35 DELTA111

• Pip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Have played 8 matches and have recorded 2 disconnections so far. I have only "quit match" after my mech is well and truly destroyed. What is with that? An error in the coding implementation or what?

Edited by DELTA1111, 17 September 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#36 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

This event is ****..
score requirements mean that spiders left alive in a 11-4 situation must still fight for every point.
score requirements are very high for current psr system..if you get 300 points an match it seems like you are just taken up a tier where you suck, and you never get dropped back down
disconnect issue-jeez you have to sit a watch the whole 15 min game
lame event

#37 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

I have a problem with how the leaderboard works..

Currently, if I understand it right.. it rewards your best match scores.. not total match score from matches attempted.. so.. if you attempt say, 100 matches, only best 10 of those count for the leaderboard...

So, tehnically, someone who has NO LIFE, no real-life obligations, no kids, job, relationship, or friends, has a HUGE EDGE on those of us with actual lives..

This leads to the conclusion that this event is not rewarding skill, but free time, with mech packs.

I'm sorry, but many of us simply don't have the time for a 100 CW matches in which 80 will be with lousy pugs or ghost drops, 5-6 with a unit 12-man, and the rest with 7-8 man premades... And to actually be the top leaderboard dog, you have to play as many matches as possible, to squeeze out every single point you can from your performance..

Its just not realistic for a normal person, who plays casually, even if they are an epic Tier1 player.. to even appear on the leaderboard..

My SUGGESTION:

Make a leaderboard not to count BEST match scores, but TOTAL matchscores of a SET number of matches... say... 10.

Then, and only then will skill win over quantity.

Edited by Vellron2005, 17 September 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:52 AM

Its my 5th weekend in a row I haven't had to work. This is more of the same only different ...with a scoreboard. I might drop by and see whats going on.

#39 John1352

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:07 AM

Has anyone been dropping in CW? I chose clan wolf as I thought there would be plenty of players, but it is totally deserted, no chance of getting a game.

#40 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 September 2015 - 02:52 AM, said:

Its my 5th weekend in a row I haven't had to work. This is more of the same only different ...with a scoreboard. I might drop by and see whats going on.

I don't bother.

With almost each event with the Founders event being a exception everything goes to hell. I don't bother playing in the solo que during a event. Same crap as previous ones. For example friendly fire and more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users