#21 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 September 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

So I was right, use LRMs and profit

I'm surprised you can hit targets at 850+ meters with LRMs.... what tier are you in again? ;)

#22 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 18 September 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm surprised you can hit targets at 850+ meters with LRMs.... what tier are you in again? ;)

Tiers in CW. What.

#23 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 18 September 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

4 more days till we get public PSR and we can confirm that T1 is comprised entirely by pugger LRM boats and half of SJR/EmP's tournament roster is sitting in Tiers 2 and 3 because reasons.

That would be hilarious cause Id be T1

#24 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 18 September 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Tiers in CW. What.

ikr

View PostLORD ORION, on 18 September 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

they reach to a thousand or more (mauler then add range module)

#25 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

View PostFrack the System, on 18 September 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Dohhhh....
Using one mech, getting as much kills, assists and damage as possible then (when close to dying) just sit at the spawn and let the rest of the team do the "work" is NOT exploiting to you, interesting.....

No, it's sandbagging. The team still has to win which isn't likely if that person isn't participating especially if others are trying to do the same it destines the team to lose. If the team/opponent supports you and/or feeds to to make that happen it's exploiting.

#26 Frack the System

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:14 PM

11,145 Score for the "top" player nobody every heard of in Tier 1.

No, no exploiting here and cleary that could not be foreseen :rolleyes:

Oh....this is "good" too:

http://mwomercs.com/...honest-players/

Lord Frack
ggclose

#27 AlCapwnU2

• Pip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

THANK YOU. Lucy explained this perfectly and even provided snapshots as evidence. The issue needs to be addressed. I don't even want to play CW at the moment because of the event and the way match score is right now.

Much sand bagging. Very lame. Wow.

#28 Luxfugio

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 6 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

Well this completely explains why the guy that is leading the poll for the CW tournament Territorial Challenge
has had a 11 thousand point score all day with the nearest person at 6000.

#29 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostLucy Lui, on 18 September 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

PGI - I would like an explanation about the current match scoring system for Community Warfare.

I took screen shots from 2 different CW matches, and pasted them together. Please explain to me how 2 Kills, 15 assists and 977 damage is worthy of a higher match score than 13 Kills, 25 assists, and 4336 damage?

I know why, its because the scoring system is kind of wacky at the moment. The scoring system used mechs lost as a coefficient to the formula.

I am very glad you decided to do the recent challenge, and I greatly appreciate the Tier 1 and 2 rewards you are offering. Kudos to you all.

What bothers me, is that you make this into a tournament also, where everyone is battling for the top 10. Some have already figured out that you can sandbag, do a decent damage, grab a few kills and assist, and get a good match score as long as you dont die. the problem with this, is it forces other teammates to have to carry even harder because half the team is hiding to keep from dying.

Another problem with this, is it makes everyone want to run nothing but ER LL builds, and do extreme long fighting. Also, the Gauss ERPPC jump sniper mode has been re-engaged, because you can do high kills and damage, while keeping distance and presenting little for the opponents to counter attack with.

Basically, this tournament is making everyone want to exploit what you worked so hard to stop in the first place.

Wasn't the whole Ghost heat, Jump Jet nerf, Gauss timing, Gauss/PPC speed change, done to prevent such stagnant game play?

Another issue, is this turns into a tournament where the winners will likely be the people who have a set of friends who are good enough to tank for them, and nice enough to let them snipe the kills once the mech has been disabled.

We all know, that you have caught people sinc dropping in the past, only to let their clan mates on the other team, damage farm their mechs. I am just curious is this what you really want to promote?
Posted Image

Here is another funny one. According to match score, I am more than 2x Valuable to team and end result than Leon.

Posted Image

This thread is apparently locked now, but i can still edit it. So here is more proof that the challenge is going to be exploited. what is sad, is that PGI was trying to do something honest, and give everyone who wanted to play, free items, even MC. These prize packs are great. Its a shame that we end up having players exploit the system like this. This one really brings shame to the event. Clearly, a 12 man team, took a bunch of alt accounts, grouped them together, and went and sync dropped on a map that wad 0 attackers and 0 defenders. This way, they were sure to meet up. they then proceeded to beat the crap out of the Alt Accounts. They also give one teammate the chance to get a 7289 match score, for 1 map. The other 11 player rewards are, they get a check in the box for that map. Since they are the only one dropping on that planet, they can just cycle this 6 times, and have all 6 matches complete. All 12 had a match score of over 400. They didn't deserve it, they didn't earn it. They should have their accounts suspended, at least, until after the challenge ends, just to prove a point.

This is what is wrong with this game, people constantly take advantage of it. No wonder PGI doesnt want to work with us. they try and do something fun and nice for the community, and people go and abuse it. Really really makes me sick. I hope there is some kind of rule in the TOS, that will see the removal of these 12 players.

Posted Image

I hate to say it but how do you have one side where all 48 are dead and the other not a single mech destroyed, not only that but in the examples you show both the dead and the alive are in the same guild...looks very strange

Edited by YUyahoo, 19 September 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#30 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

laservomit ftw, because you better not dare to bring a ammo depenend build.

Edited by Lily from animove, 19 September 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#31 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:45 AM

That CW game with 44 kills 2 assists is clearly rigged. And the player needs to be banned from game, in fact ban both teams.

#32 Mechronomicon

• PipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:41 AM

View PostYUyahoo, on 19 September 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

I hate to say it but how do you have one side where all 48 are dead and the other not a single mech destroyed, not only that but in the examples you show both the dead and the alive are in the same guild...looks very strange

SWOL admitted in another thread that they organized a 12 man vs a 12 man of IS alt accounts.

You can't blame people for gaming a system that PGI made so easy to game. Scrap the leaderboard challenge, stick with Tier 1 and 2 prizes.

#33 S C A R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 135 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:16 AM

Well, it possible to get 1700+ score (link below) in the game but it doesn't happen very often. I stayed alive in my Arctic Cheater for the whole game and played smart. But for sure cheaters shouldn't be allowed to participate in such events. Please ban them for 3 days.

http://postimg.org/i...tfu0l/75e4ddb5/

#34 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:19 AM

View PostMechronomicon, on 19 September 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

SWOL admitted in another thread that they organized a 12 man vs a 12 man of IS alt accounts.

You can't blame people for gaming a system that PGI made so easy to game. Scrap the leaderboard challenge, stick with Tier 1 and 2 prizes.

Isn't that what they always say? CW is the core-game for unit-based players? Proof.

#35 Johnny Rico

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostLucy Lui, on 18 September 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

PGI - I would like an explanation about the current match scoring system for Community Warfare.

I took screen shots from 2 different CW matches, and pasted them together. Please explain to me how 2 Kills, 15 assists and 977 damage is worthy of a higher match score than 13 Kills, 25 assists, and 4336 damage?

I know why, its because the scoring system is kind of wacky at the moment. The scoring system used mechs lost as a coefficient to the formula.

I am very glad you decided to do the recent challenge, and I greatly appreciate the Tier 1 and 2 rewards you are offering. Kudos to you all.

What bothers me, is that you make this into a tournament also, where everyone is battling for the top 10. Some have already figured out that you can sandbag, do a decent damage, grab a few kills and assist, and get a good match score as long as you dont die. the problem with this, is it forces other teammates to have to carry even harder because half the team is hiding to keep from dying.

Another problem with this, is it makes everyone want to run nothing but ER LL builds, and do extreme long fighting. Also, the Gauss ERPPC jump sniper mode has been re-engaged, because you can do high kills and damage, while keeping distance and presenting little for the opponents to counter attack with.

Basically, this tournament is making everyone want to exploit what you worked so hard to stop in the first place.

Wasn't the whole Ghost heat, Jump Jet nerf, Gauss timing, Gauss/PPC speed change, done to prevent such stagnant game play?

Another issue, is this turns into a tournament where the winners will likely be the people who have a set of friends who are good enough to tank for them, and nice enough to let them snipe the kills once the mech has been disabled.

We all know, that you have caught people sinc dropping in the past, only to let their clan mates on the other team, damage farm their mechs. I am just curious is this what you really want to promote?
Posted Image

Here is another funny one. According to match score, I am more than 2x Valuable to team and end result than Leon.

Posted Image

This thread is apparently locked now, but i can still edit it. So here is more proof that the challenge is going to be exploited. what is sad, is that PGI was trying to do something honest, and give everyone who wanted to play, free items, even MC. These prize packs are great. Its a shame that we end up having players exploit the system like this. This one really brings shame to the event. Clearly, a 12 man team, took a bunch of alt accounts, grouped them together, and went and sync dropped on a map that wad 0 attackers and 0 defenders. This way, they were sure to meet up. they then proceeded to beat the crap out of the Alt Accounts. They also give one teammate the chance to get a 7289 match score, for 1 map. The other 11 player rewards are, they get a check in the box for that map. Since they are the only one dropping on that planet, they can just cycle this 6 times, and have all 6 matches complete. All 12 had a match score of over 400. They didn't deserve it, they didn't earn it. They should have their accounts suspended, at least, until after the challenge ends, just to prove a point.

This is what is wrong with this game, people constantly take advantage of it. No wonder PGI doesnt want to work with us. they try and do something fun and nice for the community, and people go and abuse it. Really really makes me sick. I hope there is some kind of rule in the TOS, that will see the removal of these 12 players.

Posted Image

well this explains hte guy with double the match points in the lead for cw,hope pgi disqualfy's this players score....this is obviously farming

#36 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostReiko 1337, on 19 September 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

well this explains hte guy with double the match points in the lead for cw,hope pgi disqualfy's this players score....this is obviously farming

This event promote farming lol

Edited by JudgeDeathCZ, 19 September 2015 - 07:09 AM.

#37 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

https://www.reddit.c..._see_graph_and/

Anyways everyone's match scores are all over the place because of a poorly thought out scoring system
key points

• Basically, if you die and the match ends soon after your matchscore will be severely underrated.

• If you never die your score will ride along that red line (severely overrated). Playing CW to never die does not represent normal play.
Posted Image

Edited by Kin3ticX, 19 September 2015 - 12:06 PM.

#38 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

View PostMechronomicon, on 19 September 2015 - 02:41 AM, said:

Yes...God forbid we expect people to behave maturely... PGI clearly held a gun to their collective heads and forced them to use an exploit in the manner they did rather than reporting it.

Are these not the folks always preaching "Submit it to support@mechwarriors" as this is the proper and only course of action.
Seems they need to practice what they preach.

krash27

#39 Rattazustra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Actually, this happens every time they do a leaderboard challenge. The first day everything looks like it should. Scores are realistic. Then the people who exploit the system move up and ruin it. Too bad they even get rewards for it. Too bad it is so easy.

#40 mr grey 63

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts
  • Locationgermany

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

did not search for long, i'm too enraged since i learned this ~30 min ago.
have a hard time to hold back very immature offense.

dividing match score by used mechs means rewarding cowardice

and i was wondering why everybody stands back as far as possible :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users