#1 Thuriel

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 26 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAokigahara

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Welcome to the "Territorial Challenge" :) hope you have fun.
I surely didn't.

#2 COOL HANDS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 158 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee Wisconsin

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Yeah I've pretty much stopped playing at least for the weekend. The challenge just isn't worth the stress and grind that comes with it. If the goal PGI set was to keep players from winning those tiers with a poor planed event mission accomplished.

Edited by COOL HANDS, 19 September 2015 - 05:08 PM.

#3 DiGCliff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

i just havent had nay luck with it today and now since the servers are down i probable wont complete it wich .... kinda sucks. its hard even 546 dam and 2 kills 6 asists and 1 spot i only got 287 match score. it seems unreachable to me. hope you guys did better
then me even if the event wasent your thing and i am inclined to agree that it is bringing out some bad behavior.

#4 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

I see 300-500% increase of assault mode capping. I dont believe normal plyers would do this, nd specially not during this event. probably some jerks.

#5 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:14 PM

The game always devolves even further into "me me me" territory when a challenge is on.

This one is even worse because the requirement of 300 match score is steep for many, myself included, and the fact that the final piece of the puzzle, getting that on every map is a random factor.

Now players are doing everything they can to get those extra points on "that" map that they need and it's horrible.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostTitannium, on 19 September 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I see 300-500% increase of assault mode capping. I dont believe normal plyers would do this, nd specially not during this event. probably some jerks.

People are playing the objectives? Who would have thought?

Posted Image

#7 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:21 PM

Yeah this is really bad. I mean river city has dominated my rotation for three days, and I rarely see mining collective. I am sick of tourmaline and rarely see mining collective. Get the point. I don't mean more frequent, I mean ridiculuously more frequent.
No wonder guys are DCing to map farm. This is a horrid challenge

#8 DarkMetalBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:23 PM

For the most part, I've just about pretended that this event doesn't even exist, as I cannot hope to get even the public match tier 1 package.

Hell, I've just got back from beating Clubstep level of Geometry Dash (with all three coins collected, no-less) & I feel like this was easier than getting anything out of this weekend's event.

#9 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Well the objective this weekend is to find the maps you need and farm out 400 points. I usually tell the team I am going to tank for them on maps I don't need as a courtesy. It's up to them to get mad or use my generosity and get free dam while I tank.

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostMystere, on 19 September 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

People are playing the objectives? Who would have thought?

Posted Image

Maybe you are new here, with 10k posts. You know, for capping, there is only 25k cbills prize, while matchscore is around 25-50.
the event need 300-400..... bah.

#11 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

View PostTitannium, on 19 September 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

Maybe you are new here, with 10k posts. You know, for capping, there is only 25k cbills prize, while matchscore is around 25-50.
the event need 300-400..... bah.

Maybe you are new here, with a start date of 11 May 2015. There is different kind of metagame -- intentional or otherwise, malicious or not -- that goes on whenever an event is taking place. The thread titles, this one included, even hint at it.

Edited by Mystere, 19 September 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#12 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

Bottom line is that this is another poorly executed challenge made worse by players who use exploits.

#13 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

All this event has done, is shown how utterly unbalanced and exploitable this game is and shown how lame and toxic portions this community can be.
Overall grade: As of now: F*****g Horrible.

#14 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostMystere, on 19 September 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

Maybe you are new here, with a start date of 11 May 2015. There is different kind of metagame -- intentional or otherwise, malicious or not -- that goes on whenever an event is taking place. The thread titles, this one included, even hint at it.

irony isnt familiar with you, nm.
I see a huge increase on the assault mode (cap). never hapend like that before this weekend. And while this weekend has 300-400 points event, increasing in caping, where you get 50 points, is

1) people stupidy
2) intentional jerks doing this, to break others to achieve 300+ points.

Edited by Titannium, 19 September 2015 - 05:48 PM.

#15 Gotphill

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

My favorite challenge was the LFG one.

#16 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostTitannium, on 19 September 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

irony isnt familiar with you, nm.
I see a huge increase on the assault mode (cap). never hapend like that before this weekend. And while this weekend has 300-400 points event, increasing in caping, where you get 50 points, is

1) people stupidy
2) intentional jerks doing this

That is because you seemingly have not figured out the metagame yet. Let me give you another hint: your #2.

Edited by Mystere, 19 September 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#17 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

I'm not blaming the community for this one, it's 100% PGI's fault. First, they made you need the score on EACH map, which means RNG determines if you can do it. I've played at least 50 games and haven't even SEEN Crimson Strait. Then, they totally screwed up the code for making sure people don't drop, causing you to get a DC if you leave the game after you die.

Plus, it's not an easy challenge. I just got out of a game where we won 12-7 but only 3 of us on the winning side had over 300 and NONE had over 400.

#18 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostZoid, on 19 September 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'm not blaming the community for this one, it's 100% PGI's fault. First, they made you need the score on EACH map, which means RNG determines if you can do it. I've played at least 50 games and haven't even SEEN Crimson Strait. Then, they totally screwed up the code for making sure people don't drop, causing you to get a DC if you leave the game after you die.

Plus, it's not an easy challenge. I just got out of a game where we won 12-7 but only 3 of us on the winning side had over 300 and NONE had over 400.

Since when has personal responsibility taken a hike? As I said in another thread now taken to the birds:

"But officer, the guvmint let me get a gun. Therefore it was not my fault I shot that guy dead!".

#19 Lhunara

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location1984

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

From what I've seen... this event (and the scoring system) promotes and rewards cowardly, selfish play.
Then the same people who do this think its perfectly acceptable to do this all the time.
I expect to hear or read 'Me LRM, sit at back all the time and take no risks, you get locks for me' for a long time now.

Ah but what do I know? I'm just a tier 9000 noob.

Edited by Lhunara, 19 September 2015 - 06:44 PM.

#20 Swordlord

• PipPipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 55 posts
  • LocationPlanet Summer, Federation of Skye

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

The worst part for me is that the matchmaker discrepancies are even worse, with 7+-man coordinated units dropping against groups of cobbled together 2- or 3-mans.
No fun in that. I turned MWO off after 4 straight battles like that. And if I can't drop with my friends and have even a slight chance of success, there's no point.
PGI needs to figure out their matchmaking system for non-CW battles, and soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users