Gameplay

38 replies to this topic

#1 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sooooo...I am chasing the last map I need for the public maps portion and I finally get it. I am ready all excited and our team gets rolled. No big, it will come again...right? Well it does and we do the rolling. Ho-ray right? Wrong...we rolled them so fast that no one on the team was able to get above a 400 match score, let alone 300. (Most ended on the 290 mark) Still I am like, "Okay. No worries it will come again." Well it does [2 hours of game-play later] and well I do top damage 588, get a kill, and 5 assists and I say okay it will be close but....match score 374 = Unbelievable. I will keep trying, but the odds of me getting Crimson Strait again and the necessary is somewhat low unless it is upped in the rotation for me. :)

Good luck to everyone out there chasing that map. I wonder if it would be possible to have a setting where we could choose which maps we wanted to play, like the server options? Or as a group we vote on the map we want to play, etc...?

Also how close is everyone to achieving victory?

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,396 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:59 PM

Need to get the high score on all maps makes this tournament far more of a grind then it's worth.

6.5/10 barely interested to attempt to complete it.

#3 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Back to grinding mechs for me, since the one I need most Caustic hasn't shown up since this AM. I've wasted my day playing MWO chasing that map like an addict after the dragons tail.

#4 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

View PostRoboPatton, on 19 September 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

Back to grinding mechs for me, since the one I need most Caustic hasn't shown up since this AM. I've wasted my day playing MWO chasing that map like an addict after the dragons tail.

Posted Image

#5 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Funny enough, the map came up while I was typing that and I got a score over 500... one more to go.

Maybe the key is to not try.

#6 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

It feels to me that Crimson and HPG comes up the least whereas Tourmaline, Caustic and Forest comes up more often. Did this in solo and group play across 100+ games.

#7 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Just did 8 killing 6 most damage dealt, two solo 4 brawling 30 odd assists.

But used all mechs, so score 287 >_<

#8 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

I need 2 for 400 tier 2 pug matches. I'm fighting off my own fury and frustration at this in the process.

#9 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

My second time seeing HPG in three days.
HPG Manifold 399 Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 19 September 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

It feels to me that Crimson and HPG comes up the least whereas Tourmaline, Caustic and Forest comes up more often. Did this in solo and group play across 100+ games.

I will trade anyone the HPG games for their Crimson Straights. I have been getting HPG and River City all day long.

#11 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

View PostSoulstrom, on 19 September 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I will trade anyone the HPG games for their Crimson Straights. I have been getting HPG and River City all day long.

Crimson Strait 0 Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Little silly....Took me all day to get mining collective TWICE...finally get my 400 on the second go round and now its dropping like its hot lol

Edited by Wolfwood592, 19 September 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#13 Naelbis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

Ive had ONE tourmy drop and 3 river city drops since this started. All were one sided stomps and I couldn't get my score.

#14 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:52 PM

4 kill 4 assists 2 solo 4 most damage dealt 8 components.747....330 match score.

da fuq.

#15 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

I just need a run on the Mining Collective, would be great.

#16 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 19 September 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

4 kill 4 assists 2 solo 4 most damage dealt 8 components.747....330 match score.

da fuq.

I've been having that luck too. And yet on one suicide run I did with a Warhawk, I did 2 kills, no assists, 670 damage, and got 390! :/ What the hell, PGI? Do you guys have hamsters spinning wheels over there? I thought you gave them all away to us as cockpit items!

#17 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

That sounds a lot like you're dropping with lots of skilled players, pushing tournament playstyles.

This sort of thing happens more and more towards the end of a leaderboard, where everyone is trying to eke out every single micron of damage possible to increase their scores. Normally passive players become berserker warriors. More aggressive players have to jockey for position at the very front with more players than they are ever used to rubbing shoulders with. Slower players or those that like to lurk at the rear often miss out entirely, or are left wondering what happened when 8 of their teammates die in the first 3 minutes.

First contact is normally a cautious affair, but in tournaments it becomes a freaking blitzkrieg.

The hardest thing I find I have to contend with is resisting the urge to change my playstyle; the harder I try, the worse I usually do.

#18 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

If we're talking pure numbers, there's no reason that you shouldn't earn over 400 points for doing almost 700 damage in a pug match. Seriously.

I am so close to either screaming, punching a wall, or outright uninstalling this game.

Edited by Commander A9, 19 September 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#19 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 19 September 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

If we're talking pure numbers, there's no reason that you shouldn't earn over 400 points for doing almost 700 damage in a pug match. Seriously.

I am so close to either screaming, punching a wall, or outright uninstalling this game.

Dont uninstall, we need you

#20 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 19 September 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Dont uninstall, we need you

Well, thank you; but I don't think I've been so quite pissed off at a development company since Electronic Arts shut down Westwood Studios in 2003...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users