36 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:22 PM

Dear PGI,

The poor planning and implementation of this event has made this game almost unplayable.

The normal queue is the worst. The smart guys just Yolo at the beginning and run face first into the enemy team, the rest of the shameless ******* immediately disco, or find a way to kill them selves when the Map they drop on isn`t one they need.

This is terrible, and game breaking, and no matter who you suspend, or ban etc, this amount of ********** will continue as long as you allow it to. At what point to you just pull the plug and cancel such a disaster?

Is it all your fault? or the fault of the player base for exploiting the gigantic loop holes you allowed with such terrible concept, planning, and execution?

I`v been playing this game for a while, and achieving match score is not hard. Its dealing with the shameless toxic players who take advantage of your mistakes.

In the end my rant is over, though from your loyal player base who continue feeding you real money, stop being F**K ups.

Mikato out...

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

THIS is what you complain about?

Not the PTS
Not the general state of balance
Not the refusal to adjust the Weapons.XML once a month

Well...alright.

#3 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

While I hear and appreciate your frustrations... I have to disagree slightly.

I'm all for PGI taking necessary steps to preserve the inferred sanctity of these tournaments. That said, there are only so many measures one can impose to thwart impositions before the actual environment becomes so sterile, linear and ultimately unsatisfying that the safe-guards actually do as much harm as the entities it's intended to deter.

If patterned history is any indication, we humans tend to migrate towards the path of least resistance... People will always attempt to find ways to game the game.

Not saying it's right... I like to believe folks have moral compasses. Sadly, I continue to be prove wrong at every turn. :rolleyes:

Not saying PGI is not culpable. Just saying I'm not necessarily in favor of arbitrary rules, limits and sanctions designed to thwart the smallest percentage of the player-base...

#4 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

I'm a pretty understandable person for the most part. Games change, there is no stopping that. It's the fact that they went through extra effort to screw things up even more. Tonight's game play has been plagued by the "game breaking" issues I described. PTS, balance, etc are all secondary compared to the problems caused by this event at this time.

#5 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

I share his frustration with this particular event.

Take all the things you listed, Mcgral, and then toss in a uniquely frustrating event RNG, and I don't think I've see as much rage on these forums about something PGI did in quite a long time.

I let myself get sucked into this event, even though I knew that the further I progressed, the more the odds were stacked against me to fulfill the requirements. Sure enough, I got down to needing a single map with 300 points and I saw it just a handful of times on the past 12 hours.

Each time I did drop on said map, I truly sucked, or my team stunk usually due to multiple disconnects, and it seemed as if i had a big sign over my mech that said "KILL HIM...HE NEEDS THIS LAST MAP".

As of now, I finally said "**** it" and closed the game. I don't need a couple of extra consumables that I don't really use anyhow.

I'm confident that if someone put up a poll now, next month or even 6 months from now, that asked what was the worst event PGI has held that this one would win by a landslide.

That's assuming that they don't find some other method that tops a RANDOM requirement for totally screwing up what would have otherwise been a good challenge .

300/400 really separated the casual from the good players (me being casual), but unfortunately the RNG map spared no one it's cruel touch.

Posted Image

The DCing SOBs that selfishly cost many of us a map that we needed, I want you to remember;

"Karmas a B itch"

Since I persisted through every match I played (1 DC all weekend) I'm hoping I get some payback. The dang game owes me;

Posted Image

Edited by TLBFestus, 21 September 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#6 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Try to understand the PGI foresaw the DC-jerks would be a problem, so they included a disconnect penalty in the challenge. Something went buggy with it, and they had to pull it. And then the DCs came in waves.

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had included ALL maps in rotation and you only needed 10 of them. That would have prevented That One Map Limbo that caused players to be DC-jerks.

And while I agree they should be punished, I'm not sure there is anything *specifically* warning players they can be banned for exploiting the contest this way. So PGI may be limited in what they can do this time, though I hope they tighten up the rules for future events.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 21 September 2015 - 10:30 PM.

#7 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:37 PM

I was gonna make a new thread, but there are already several. I don't even care about this event. Usually I do, but this seemed too tough for me in score per map and time. Maybe they were having technical difficulty. But it was the second disco I noticed from one pilot Monday evening.

Posted Image

Edited by BearFlag, 21 September 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#8 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

Hey Bear, you may not know it, but PGI has a Don't Name And Shame policy. You can get in trouble for posting pilots names, in both the pic and in your text. I advise you edit that out before the moderators see it.

#9 BearFlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 21 September 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Hey Bear, you may not know it, but PGI has a Don't Name And Shame policy. You can get in trouble for posting pilots names, in both the pic and in your text. I advise you edit that out before the moderators see it.

OK thanks. I will.

#10 Admiral_Korean_Jesus

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 21 September 2015 - 10:29 PM, said:

Try to understand the PGI foresaw the DC-jerks would be a problem, so they included a disconnect penalty in the challenge. Something went buggy with it, and they had to pull it. And then the DCs came in waves.

It wouldn't have been a problem if they had included ALL maps in rotation and you only needed 10 of them. That would have prevented That One Map Limbo that caused players to be DC-jerks.

And while I agree they should be punished, I'm not sure there is anything *specifically* warning players they can be banned for exploiting the contest this way. So PGI may be limited in what they can do this time, though I hope they tighten up the rules for future events.

I am fully aware of the half @$$ed attempt they made to prevent the disco issue. My question is, why not save face and postpone to cancel the event all together? That's like giving away free Chipotle, then realizing it was tainted with salmonella, and instead of stoping the give away, you tell people to deal with it.

Yay free Chipotle! But now I'm about to die.

No offense to chipotle, but you see what I mean?

#11 Crosell

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

I appreciate teh effort to bring the scores down. I truely do but the amount of people that are stuck in one map limbo is just what causes this. People want to get there reward and have been screwed by rng. And rng is very frustrating. First dice roll get map, second dice roll hope your team doesnt get stomped. it sucks and people get angry and what to maximize there time. Not saying its right by any stretch, i know i had a few rage alt f4 during this event. I understand teh frustration as a mid tier player wanting that last map.

#12 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 21 September 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

THIS is what you complain about?

Not the PTS
Not the general state of balance
Not the refusal to adjust the Weapons.XML once a month

Well...alright.

Eh, Pick your poison. There's a lot to choose from 'round here.

#13 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:15 PM

GUYS!!!! they lowered the requirements on each tier by -100 so less crying and more playing go go go.

Edited by strikebrch, 21 September 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#14 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:46 AM

The way to come back is to simply conclude the event, and not make the same mistakes next time.

#15 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:06 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 21 September 2015 - 11:15 PM, said:

GUYS!!!! they lowered the requirements on each tier by -100 so less crying and more playing go go go.

the problem was never the score, it was getting the map you need

#16 Bidetlol

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

far too much whine for only two days of event.

bro seriously : two day??? are you gonna die for two day??

yes the event was terrible and bad designed but Dude its only for two day, its not like its the end of the world

Edited by Bidetlol, 22 September 2015 - 01:17 AM.

#17 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:23 AM

View PostBidetlol, on 22 September 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

far too much whine for only two days of event.

bro seriously : two day??? are you gonna die for two day??

yes the event was terrible and bad designed but Dude its only for two day, its not like its the end of the world

It's called a long train of abuses.

Get with the program.

#18 Superscope

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Victoria

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:03 AM

This event has been extremely toxic to the game. Constant Discos and suicides and pretty much both teams just rush in now and not give a damn.

Even myself has been horribly tainted by the extremely poor RNG used for the event and has started to effect my mood while playing almost to the point of wanting to stop playing..permanently.

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 21 September 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Posted Image
But damn!
That is a cool picture!

#20 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostMikato Soul, on 21 September 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

Dear PGI,

The poor planning and implementation of this event has made this game almost unplayable.

This is how it is with nearly every event. It brings out the "shitwhistle" (I stole is from someone) player in normally good players, hence why I avoid all short time events like they were the plague

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users