"we Have Started Suspensions For Those We Find Disconnecting And Or Blow Themselves Up At The Start Of Match"

63 replies to this topic

#41 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:05 AM

View PostCelticCross, on 22 September 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

My only problem with this is that my net connection is not always entirely stable. I can have multiple disconnects in a row due to my crappy provider. It's not intentional, I'd love to be playing, but people in the match only see a guy disconnecting. How will anyone except me know the difference?

Then there's the occasional client crashes. Again, not our fault, but how would anyone know if I got a CTD or intentionally disconnected?

I sure don't want a ban due to things out of my control.

Depends on the frequency of disconnections. Those who are intentionally doing it will have far more cases of disconnecting than those with network issues. PGI will look at their match history and make the judgement.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 September 2015 - 03:07 AM.

#42 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 September 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

Depends on the frequency of disconnections. Those who are intentionally doing it will have far more cases of disconnecting than those with network issues. PGI will look at their match history and make the judgement.

They are going to be super busy over the next few days.

#43 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostMycrus, on 22 September 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Why are you trying to justify?

Nothing, a simple matter of perspective.

Since I finished all of my 400 maps sans a player or two.

#44 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:45 AM

Not entirely related to the thread but it is regarding a suicider that we had on tourmaline yesterday, at the start of the game saying "not this map again for the fourth time now. sorry guys, but i'm going kamikaze on this one", where I replied: "at least he was honest" and "allright, so everybody just go charge mid? Let's try it, just for fun".

And surprisingly our team agreed. So we balled up, I called out the grid and GO. We charged straight into their lrm boats behind the theta hill first, there was a catapult that was like "wtf" died as soon as I put one shot into him, then back into the valley with their assaults that started to overheat shutdown and reverse walk back in all the confusion that was going on. It was glorious, and we won that battle 9:12 (I died leading the charge in the GI at 6:6). It was far from being an optimal mech for this role, but sometimes you just have to go with it and it can pay off..

Edited by NeoCodex, 22 September 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#45 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

https://mobile.twitt...064275664953344

More things going to be added:

What do you think about it?

Have you been reporting these players?

I encountered alot of players who said that 'PGI won't do anything about it'.

More important: why do i have to hear this kind of things via Twitter?

Love it! Needs to happen sooner then later!

Of course I have been, hope you have too.

I hear that a lot too, and that is followed up with PGI doing something about it.

Got me.

#46 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:54 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 21 September 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

The game really needs an in game report button. It would be pretty trivial to implement too

We are getting one.

Last Town Hall it was mentioned, timeframe is unknown to me. Town Hall may mention timeframe.

#47 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostEboli, on 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Well, I hope Blueduck and his SWOL friends get a ban for their actions in cheating the system.

And SG-1.

#48 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 September 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

What do you think about it?

A reporting system will be a great addition to the game IF people see action being taken as a result of it (and they have a "report team treason" option).

I am somewhat worried that Clan Precious Little Snowflake will use it as a bullying tool though ("If you don't headbutt that Atlas so I can start a new round I'll report you and you'll be banzzed!!") but if they have reasonable logs of conversations and it actions taken that shouldn't be too bad.

One thing I would utterly encourage PGI to do would be to put in a mechanic where by if you report someone you don't drop with them for 72 hours. If the reported person is abusing the rules it means the reporter doesn't get more frustrated about seeing them in game, if the reported person isn't abusing the rules it means they don't have a jerk ridding their case whilst they try to play.

#49 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:03 AM

View PostBloody, on 22 September 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

well the blame lies solely with PGI, once again they completely ****** things up with this STUPID ASS POORLY THOUGHT OUT TOURNAMENT .

so tired of your incompetence , this month you cannot even figure out how to test something properly ( you know, most 15 year olds understand what a baseline test is ) and now this..

I would think most 15 year olds have been taught by parents that cheating in any form is unacceptable.

Most 15 year olds understand basic concepts like numbers. In how you may have 10 people or 10k people looking at something, what are the chances that the 10k will think of something that the 10 did not?

Asleep when these basic concepts were taught?

#50 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 22 September 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

And SG-1.

You know they won't ban them because they are special snowflakes. Just like we never heard about the larger list of cheaters Russ told us about. Like how long do we let them run cheats and trash other players? Do they need over a month of study?

It's all BS. PGI doesn't care one bit. The only times they do its reactionary then they let it blow over.

If your with NGNG or have a Twitch page you can do whatever you want whenever you want.

#51 GernMiester

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:12 AM

Like i posted in another thread..

So what they are saying is
"we made a really bad tournament that promotes disconnecting and now we are going to punish people for our incredible lack of foresight. We are FORCING to play"

HAHA, yeah... NO!

So now you just rush right to the enemy team as fast as possible. Problem solved.
What you gonna do PGI suspend players for dying too fast??
LOL, that will surely attract new players.

Hey look an ant on the sidewalk, hurry up and get the 20lb sledgehammer to kill it. Yeah the ant is dead but now you ruined the sidewalk. Brilliant.

What is even funnier is that they use the stupid twitter account and not some in game announcement when you login or start a match. GENIUS!

So many laughs.......

#52 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostGernMiester, on 22 September 2015 - 04:12 AM, said:

Like i posted in another thread..

So what they are saying is
"we made a really bad tournament that promotes disconnecting and now we are going to punish people for our incredible lack of foresight. We are FORCING to play"

HAHA, yeah... NO!

So now you just rush right to the enemy team as fast as possible. Problem solved.
What you gonna do PGI suspend players for dying too fast??
LOL, that will surely attract new players.

Hey look an ant on the sidewalk, hurry up and get the 20lb sledgehammer to kill it. Yeah the ant is dead but now you ruined the sidewalk. Brilliant.

What is even funnier is that they use the stupid twitter account and not some in game announcement when you login or start a match. GENIUS!

So many laughs.......

Are you SWOL?

#53 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

I don't mind the bans. Though without the very slight increase in DCs during the event (and presumibly any events like this) it'll be harder to farm the required event points.

#54 generalazure

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Come on, that Russian dude was hilarious. Encountered him in at least a dozen matches spanning most of Sunday and he always left before we dropped. Not a single time did he stay to fight, I've never seen such a consistent performance before.

... and his k/d e-peen must be craptastic now ^^

#55 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 21 September 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

The game really needs an in game report button. It would be pretty trivial to implement too

OMFG, THIS x999999999. A report button would add a world of convenience and would most certainly flag many of these dcers/afkers.

#56 Groans

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:58 AM

I cant be bothered to report people. I come play this to relax and have fun not be an online cop. They simply need to find a way to make events like this work so that folks dont want to discon. those folks that disconned, yes it is inconsiderate and lame, but they are still customers and if the event is borked it is not their fualts. This is a matter for PGI to fix not by trying to punish customers but by making is so folks dont feel the need to discon.

#57 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

I reported several when the **** began to start. And when multiple people began to do it per team, I just couldn't be bothered to report them all.

Scumbags, all of them. So what if this wasn't the map they wanted--what about the needs of the 11 other members in your team? Those people you are leaving behind to fend for themselves need points too--some might need to do well in just this map for completion.
Instead these DCers/Suiciders/Out of bounders had sold their dignity for the chance at the tiny amount of virtual rewards.

Player One: YES the map I needed!
Player Two and Three Disconnect
Player One: ****

Was so bad even the Red team was complaining when guys on our side DC'd.

View Postcrashlogic, on 22 September 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

I think its better to fix the disease than the symptom

Nothing wrong with taking some painkillers while waiting for the doc to fix the problem.

#58 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 September 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

I am having less fun in this event because of the said scumbags. Are you telling me to quit MWO just because scumbags are ruining my fun of it? That I do not deserve this game more than the scumbags?

Eff that. They should be suspended like the scumbags they are, and I should enjoy the game free of them. Because I care about my teammates, and I care about not setting a bad example.

Where did I say you should quit MWO? I said find a less stressful hobby, and to play the game for fun. How exactly did you interpret "play the game for fun" as "quit MWO"? If this event upsets you so much, do something else and ignore the event. Come back when it's over. I really don't care what you do or how you feel, but why are you stressing out over a game (something that is suppose to be fun....)? And while you answer that to yourself, ask yourself this. Why am I letting the actions of other people who I don't know, or even care about, effect my actions? You cannot control others, only your reaction to them, so why are you even letting it affect you?

If you feel strongly about it (you obviously do), report them and move on. And don't be surprised when others don't give a sh*t about what other people do.

#59 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

Heard about it.

Problem is how to report it?

Way too many players to keep track of them all.

From a player perspective, how do you tell the 'Discon because of Tournament' from the 'Discon because of Connection Loss' people? I had 2 of the latter this weekend I sent in, did I get reported?

Only self-destructions I have seen are usually people engaging Override while fighting and pushing too hard except that one Awesome-8R, last guy on our team, had nothing but 2LRM15s and 2LRM20s, just shoots into the wall and self-destructs because he knew how bad 4 IS LRM launchers would be in a close range fight.

#60 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

Sent about 10 screenshots containing between 2 and 5 players each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users