"we Have Started Suspensions For Those We Find Disconnecting And Or Blow Themselves Up At The Start Of Match"

63 replies to this topic

#21 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 September 2015 - 12:31 AM, said:

More often your team gets rolled with you doing less than 300 damage because of the way this game works.
More teammates = more bullet sponge for you while you dish out damage.

Hardly a mech or two are most likely the guys that can't do 200 damage anyway, I had a LOT of straight stomps that no one made 300, much less 400 that is what happens when the entire team is on the same page, 400 damage 2 kills or so, it was below threshold.

I posted a 4 kill 400 damage game that didn't make 300.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:07 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 September 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

Hardly a mech or two are most likely the guys that can't do 200 damage anyway, I had a LOT of straight stomps that no one made 300, much less 400 that is what happens when the entire team is on the same page, 400 damage 2 kills or so, it was below threshold.

I posted a 4 kill 400 damage game that didn't make 300.

Which is why you get rolled even faster without those two guys at least taking fire. Which is why it is scumbaggy to DC at the start of the game to find another drop at the expense of those who wish to play in this map.

#23 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 September 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Which is why you get rolled even faster without those two guys at least taking fire. Which is why it is scumbaggy to DC at the start of the game to find another drop at the expense of those who wish to play in this map.

No without that guy or two I would have had more time to get that last 200 damage that would have made it a 400 point game and not a 288 point game.

It was a 12-2 stomp BTW.

Damage is rewarded above all things.

Edited by Yokaiko, 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM.

#24 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

just quoting myself

Imho there schould be a difference between a disconnect by technical reasons (timeout, connection loss or foxed up code) and willfully leaving the game.

And if should be "player X left the game" instead of "player X disconnected" if player X just pressed "quit match"

And yes, you can detect Alt+F4.

Sure, there will still be people who cap their cable and whatnot to make a disco up. Can't get every jerk. But it would be a start.
Disconnecting will give you the chance to reconnect.
Leaving before death/suicide on the other hand could be a strike for whatever system you make up for that.

By the way, suiciding is even worse than just disco. If you disco, at least one lucky guy can farm your mech for some points. Suiciding even takes that. Not that it is a big difference in the end.

Edited by 627, 22 September 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#25 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Well, I hope Blueduck and his SWOL friends get a ban for their actions in cheating the system.

#26 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostEboli, on 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

Well, I hope Blueduck and his SWOL friends get a ban for their actions in cheating the system.

Actually I hope not because they made it public. I bet there are enough groups who would have done this in the shadow if no one had looked for it.

#27 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Scumbags, all of them. So what if this wasn't the map they wanted--what about the needs of the 11 other members in your team? Those people you are leaving behind to fend for themselves need points too--some might need to do well in just this map for completion.

I don't support the suicides/disco's, but I also don't let it bother me (I've seen probably a handful over the weekend). You should find a less stressful hobby. Win/Loss means nothing, it's all about how you do. While your points aren't necessarily wrong, you should realize by now that expecting some stranger to care about your "needs" is very naïve. Chill out and play the game for fun, because if it isn't fun then why are you wasting your time?

#28 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:49 AM

View PostEboli, on 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

They are laughing at us now. Rightfully so.

The threads were censored and we were warned not to post about it even after Russ wanted us to post screenshots.

Now everyone just worried about DC's while the guys who led and advertised the exploit march to trash the tournament get an attaboy from PGI.

#29 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

I decided to report the ones which I see DCing multiple times.

#30 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 22 September 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

I decided to report the ones which I see DCing multiple times.

redwasp, kill2... and more.

#31 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:07 AM

Twitter forgets faster than the forums, that is why they don't come her anymore, because PGI could have been responsible to what they tell here.

I've never seen a company like PGI avoiding their own forums as much as possible, that is just bad communication and marketing.

#32 Random Carnage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 946 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Just take a note of their names. When they eventually don't disco, you know they're in a map they need. Covertly leg the ******** in the confusion of a melee and let the reds do the rest. Fu*k em.

Edited by Random Carnage, 22 September 2015 - 02:11 AM.

#33 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

View PostMoenrg, on 22 September 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I don't support the suicides/disco's, but I also don't let it bother me (I've seen probably a handful over the weekend). You should find a less stressful hobby. Win/Loss means nothing, it's all about how you do. While your points aren't necessarily wrong, you should realize by now that expecting some stranger to care about your "needs" is very naïve. Chill out and play the game for fun, because if it isn't fun then why are you wasting your time?

I am having less fun in this event because of the said scumbags. Are you telling me to quit MWO just because scumbags are ruining my fun of it? That I do not deserve this game more than the scumbags?

Eff that. They should be suspended like the scumbags they are, and I should enjoy the game free of them. Because I care about my teammates, and I care about not setting a bad example.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 September 2015 - 02:20 AM.

#34 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:21 AM

Having less fun in this event because it sucks.

The players are no better or worse, smarter or dumber.

The EVENT is mechanically dumb.

#35 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:46 AM

Guys?

You ever thought of.

I dunno. Taking a really nippy light.

Running to enemy spawn the long way.

And farming your points there? Instead of bemoaning the "People are DCing Make it stop now" situation?

#36 Nostromodamus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:54 AM

My only problem with this is that my net connection is not always entirely stable. I can have multiple disconnects in a row due to my crappy provider. It's not intentional, I'd love to be playing, but people in the match only see a guy disconnecting. How will anyone except me know the difference?

Then there's the occasional client crashes. Again, not our fault, but how would anyone know if I got a CTD or intentionally disconnected?

I sure don't want a ban due to things out of my control.

#37 totgeboren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUmeå, Sweden

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:55 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 21 September 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

I reported several when the **** began to start. And when multiple people began to do it per team, I just couldn't be bothered to report them all.

Scumbags, all of them. So what if this wasn't the map they wanted--what about the needs of the 11 other members in your team? Those people you are leaving behind to fend for themselves need points too--some might need to do well in just this map for completion.
Instead these DCers/Suiciders/Out of bounders had sold their dignity for the chance at the tiny amount of virtual rewards.

Had this exact problem. Just one map left to get points on in CW, and I finally get it (only got it three times over four evenings playing). At the start there was one disco on my team, and one on the enemy team.
*Ok, this might work" thought I.

After the first push I saw we had two discos, and I also noticed 2 friendly mechs that were just standing still. So we were really four down throughout the game. :(

In some games I have had people reconnect 10-15 minutes in, rather obvious they played a pug drop instead of helping out in CW, and then reconnected to not get the penalty.

Lame as hell, I finally gave up on getting that last map. With all the discos it just became untenable.

#38 Bloody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 569 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

well the blame lies solely with PGI, once again they completely ****** things up with this STUPID ASS POORLY THOUGHT OUT TOURNAMENT .

so tired of your incompetence , this month you cannot even figure out how to test something properly ( you know, most 15 year olds understand what a baseline test is ) and now this..

#39 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostBloody, on 22 September 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

well the blame lies solely with PGI, once again they completely ****** things up with this STUPID ASS POORLY THOUGHT OUT TOURNAMENT .

so tired of your incompetence , this month you cannot even figure out how to test something properly ( you know, most 15 year olds understand what a baseline test is ) and now this..

but but but... they gave you now T2 for T1....

#40 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 22 September 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

You are looking at it all wrong, being two mechs short increases the change you hit your mark. Less damage to compete with.

Why are you trying to justify?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users