222 replies to this topic

#221 WAR_HAWK

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet: Kesai

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

Don't remember which one but on one of my Marauders I have an AC2, 2AC5s and 4MLs

#222 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

I had a Marauder that I liked. The 2 LBX10 with 4 ML one. But it stopped being effective with it over night, so I gave up on Marauders, especially when the IIc came out. Can't figure out a setup I feel comfortable with those . And the tankyness? Tankyness of any chassis goes byebye and means jack sh1t as soon as I am sitting in it. A garbage pilot ruins the best Mech ....

#223 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

I went for a dps build with 3x AC2's, 4x ML, AMS and a load of AC2 ammo and some DHS's (kept the engine it came with).

The actual damage doesn't look great, but it's amazing at suppressing snipers, and given the hitboxes, you can face an enemy and not get immediately splatted. Don't underestimate the psychological impact (and the physical *shake*) of three AC2 rounds hitting someone every fraction of a second; a hell of a lot of people start rolling around, cannot return fire accurately and run for cover.

Because of that, it's a prime tool for dividing groups, pinning down groups of mechs and isolating targets; in a team game (which a lot of people seem to forget MWO actually is), it's the difference between a deathball rolling around and flanking your team, and a handful of mechs rolling around, suddenly realising the rest of the team is stuck behind cover with AC2 rounds pinging all around them, and them being wiped out by the rest of the team.

Divide and conquer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users