#41 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 September 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Player morale is important and not just with this topic.

I agree, player morale is very important! But it will differ from one person to the other. Some will try to improve their Tier and like the challange, others as we can see can be frustrated.

In the end an option to turn Tier info on/off would be great - everyone would be able to do what they prefer.

Communication is great isn't it? :D

#42 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostOzric, on 24 September 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

This is a thing. I don't like being reminded that I have a new xp bar to watch while I'm trying to level new mechs, for example. All it requires is that the game remember your tab settings properly. Personally I would keep the top two closed, and the bottom one open most of the time.

But its the upvote/downvote that's the killer... How can I ignore a red arrow? How??

Easy, don't click on personal score tab if you [didn't like your results] that match. No one is forcing you to click on it. :mellow:

[redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 25 September 2015 - 03:51 PM.
Unconstructive

#43 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 24 September 2015 - 02:33 AM, said:

Dearest PGI

Can we have the option to remove the Tier status screen in our mechbay?

I keep closing it, but its not persistent, so it pops up everywhere to remind me how much I suck at this game and that I should quit.

Same for the up/down indicator on the rewards screen. Its very frustrating when you have a good match and still see two red bars telling you how much you suck.

The whole Tier status thing is really turning me off of the game. I understand you need it to group players of similar skill. And I don't mind people chest-thumping or griefing others on the forums.

But I would like a way to hide the Tier indicator and up/down report in post-game screen so I don't have it rubbed in my face every time I log in to play. Its starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks.
Fen

Wasn't the lack of persistence mentioned in the patch notes? A fix should be incoming soonish.

#44 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 24 September 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

"Not there in notes, was going off previous posters info, but it IS there in game settings. Top right, near Arm Lock checkbox."

Cool, thanks. Hadn't noticed that.

Welcome friend - neither had I.

:)

View PostDaelen Rottiger, on 24 September 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

I agree, player morale is very important! But it will differ from one person to the other. Some will try to improve their Tier and like the challange, others as we can see can be frustrated.

In the end an option to turn Tier info on/off would be great - everyone would be able to do what they prefer.

Communication is great isn't it? :D

When it works, yes it is great!

#45 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 September 2015 - 05:30 AM, said:

When it works, yes it is great!

define "when it works" :P

#46 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostDaelen Rottiger, on 24 September 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

define "when it works" :P

When two opposing viewpoints come together on some middle ground by understanding each other's point of view.

#47 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 24 September 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

"The only way to improve is to look at your failures and figure out why they went wrong."

You've got your quotes mixed up, I didn't say what you are responding to.

And I'm not doing anything wrong. Except playing a light with low damage output (3 med pulse). I had a 400+ damage game last night, made first contact with the enemy and popped a UAV so my pugs could set up on Red Team, then did flanking, chased off some lights, circled some "bait" patterns to turn the enemy so my assaults could push in untouched, etc. Not my fault we lost. Still got 2 red marks though.

:blink:

I didn't think I could quote myself wrong--that's new!

You don't want to look at your tier. You don't want to see the little red arrow. How can you know you did poorly if you don't see the red arrow? You have no visible metric to measure yourself by.

The red arrow is helpful. It says do better. The data shows where you lacked and where you exceeded. Your memory tells you how the match played out. All of these help you assess why you got a red arrow and with thought, figure out how to improve.

#48 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 24 September 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

When two opposing viewpoints come together on some middle ground by understanding each other's point of view.

well..... I like you.... let's hug!

#49 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 September 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

Easy, don't click on personal score tab if you sucked that match. No one is forcing you to click on it. :mellow:

The forums constantly remind me that we got some real babies in 30+ year old player bodies.

But by not clicking I might be ignoring a red arrow, which is worse. I'm not sure you understand red arrows at all. :huh:

#50 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostOzric, on 24 September 2015 - 05:50 AM, said:

But by not clicking I might be ignoring a red arrow, which is worse. I'm not sure you understand red arrows at all. :huh:

I understand that either you are trolling or you are sensitive towards the most trivial of things--both are dumb BTW.

#51 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 24 September 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

"Seriously, is it that hard to just ignore something?"

When its rubbed in your face everytime you log on? Yes.

I think its going to result in a drop in player activity, and maybe even players leaving.

Odd. After I logged in I was able to "hide" the extra windows to better see the lab. Also if one is unable to accept his/her level of ability turning it off does not change facts.

#52 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 September 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

I understand that either you are trolling or you are sensitive towards the most trivial of things--both are dumb BTW.

;)

My original point was valid. Your reaction to my offhand disrespect for red arrows is your own fault.

And I didn't even start on green arrows. Those lovely, lovely green arrows... first you get one,,, and then...

Edited by Ozric, 24 September 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#53 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:15 AM

I do get what the OP is saying for the most part. It probably wouldn't be bad to disable the Tier indicator for those who don't want to see it or don't care.

I kind of like it though. It (in theory) can show trending on my performance and give me a general indicator of overall performance. Besides, when I was Tier 4, and I was a sliver from Tier 3, it gave me a fun goal to play. Can I hit Tier 3?

As long as it can't be hidden completely away for now, I'd at least try and not let it bother you. If they do add a permanent hide feature, I'll ignore it personally. I like the evaluation. Everyone is different though.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 24 September 2015 - 06:16 AM.

#54 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:16 AM

"I understand that either you are trolling or you are sensitive towards the most trivial of things"

I hope he's trolling you, as your response to him was insulting and stupid.

Stupid because there is other information on that panel that he might be interested in, so ignoring the entire panel because he doesn't care to see the up/down arrow doesn't really help. You might as well tell him to uninstall. Why did you make it personal anyway? Do you get off on that? Compensating for something tiny?

Cool video btw. Every time I see it I want to hop into the game.

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 24 September 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#55 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:20 AM

Does getting a low match score turn you away from the game?

Does getting a low amount of C-bills or mech XP turn you away from the game?

It's in your face after every battle.

If those don't bother you then don't get bothered by just another number, go and have some fun pewing enemy mechs instead. :)

#56 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:26 AM

View PostOzric, on 24 September 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

;)

My original point was valid. Your reaction to my offhand disrespect for red arrows is your own fault.

And I didn't even start on green arrows. Those lovely, lovely green arrows... first you get one,,, and then...

There is only one Green Arrow
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users