Why Is Anyone Unhappy With Being In My Teir?

28 replies to this topic

#21 Evan20k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

I'm in tier 2 by pokemech mastering and generally playing whatever I'm in the mood for on a given day. You don't need to use EBJs/TBRs/DWFs/ACH exclusively to fill your XP bar up.

#22 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 September 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

I played a bunch of matches today. All servers in assaults when it was low percentage. All Modes. Shortest wait was two minutes.
Longest was eight. Had Terra 4 times in a row.

All I see is Tier ones and twos out there. I'm tier 3. And I was asking my teammates.

I have come to the conclusion that most lower tier guys just don't bother with the TTK the way it is and after the disastrous tourney.

I think PGI has done a two step into oblivion with this mess now.

Now of course the usual suspects will counter with they never get the same map twice and their wait times are less than 10 seconds so this is just what I see.

I don't know how else to say this but I think you've gotten yourself onto one of PGI's blacklists and they're slowly pushing you out of the game via matchmaking. No other explanation for it...

Do you ever see black, unmarked cars following you?

#23 An Atlas

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostcSand, on 24 September 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

I hate that by talking about it we're just giving said user attention

but basically I can't resist openly making fun of such a huge DB

Says the guy that will trash talk and harass anyone that doesn't play the way he wants?

Kudos to that level of delusionment

#24 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostMechWarrior1086091, on 25 September 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Says the guy that will trash talk and harass anyone that doesn't play the way he wants?

Kudos to that level of delusionment

??

#25 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

Go all the way down to the Underhive. Life is good.

Posted Image

#26 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:57 AM

I was surprised to be tier 4 but it has made me lots of moneys. I feel bad sometimes I get absurd situations where I can face tank 3 assults and win. Let the brand new folks be in tier 5 and move new folks with known ip to tier 3.

#27 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 24 September 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

I played a bunch of matches today. All servers in assaults when it was low percentage. All Modes. Shortest wait was two minutes.
Longest was eight. Had Terra 4 times in a row.

All I see is Tier ones and twos out there. I'm tier 3. And I was asking my teammates.

I have come to the conclusion that most lower tier guys just don't bother with the TTK the way it is and after the disastrous tourney.

I think PGI has done a two step into oblivion with this mess now.

Now of course the usual suspects will counter with they never get the same map twice and their wait times are less than 10 seconds so this is just what I see.

I'm tier 4 and getting quite lengthy wait times-even in lights. Also my opponents don't seem to be very good nor do my team mates. Played 20 games the other day and was top damage or near that in 17 of them. If PSR was working that shouldn't happen....
I'm not seeing the two's or many threes I recognise for that matter-it's great for cbill earnings but still.....
On my shadowcats for example I was averaging around 3-5 mins per match wait time..never had that before....plus the stomps oh my gods the stomps....more than ever...

#28 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

It's just human nature. Give a group of people a set of numbers, tell them they have meaning, assign everyone to those numbers and watch everyone try to "rank up".

#29 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

I started in T3, dropped to T4 over the last day. It made me sad. I'm thinking of turning off the tier tracker, as it makes me obsess over my Mech choices, and angrier when I perform poorly and see that big red down arrow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users