#21 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

View Post50 50, on 24 September 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Nice.
This is like getting a bonus just for playing.
Enjoy.

*for playing well*
ftfy

#22 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

So again, we need a high score in the matches, to get a paltry 4 million... after playing 80 f**king matches (80 f**king matches above 300 points that is, which for me translates to about 120 matches) Another event where you pretend for us to get sick of grinding and seeing disgusting min maxed metamechs? Really, this is your way of showing us you learned from the last event mistakes? Yeah sure now I am completely convinced about whether or not get the Marauder package. Spoiler alert, is not a yes.

View PostTylerchu, on 24 September 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

*for playing well*
ftfy

No, for playing lame meta gauss laser vomit and being selfish with your teammates.

#23 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:57 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 24 September 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

damn PGI.... my PC won't make it back from repairs by another couple of weeks....

You still have about 2 or 3 weeks.... so ... please.... do all of your awesome events in coming weeks. :angry:

now that I think about that 80 300 score matches grind... i'm kinda glad that i don't have my gaming laptop with me.
less stress... less frustration.... more rest and more walking!

and yes I do have a marauder package!

Edited by Navid A1, 24 September 2015 - 10:00 PM.

#24 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:03 PM

You give free stuff and people still find a reason to whine about it......

The nice thing about this even is you can just play. You were probably going to be playing anyway, so just play. If you score 300, good on you, if not, you were going to be playing anyway lmfao.

#25 Doktor Kloetenstein

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:05 PM

Oh, I probably will buy the Marauder anyway PGI. But this? No, thank you. You might lower the score to at least 250 and add "..at least 30% of the damage has to be in range of 300m of the enemy..." otherwise it will likely turn out as many have described here.
Bring forth new gamemodes preferably with objectives and rejoinable maps. Then we can talk about tactics and events with useful rewards. Or do you want this game on a stalemate gameplay wise for another 5 years?

#26 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

Was hoping you give us a chance to redo the territorial challenge.

And if i haven't statet it before your Matchscore Formula for CW and PUG games is bad.

#27 ChewBaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:07 PM

So...I get an extra 4 million c-bills if I am willing to slog through 80 matches where the majority of the pub queue fielding LRM boats due to yet another point-based event?

I have 50+ million c-bills last I checked. Give me one good reason why I should put myself through LRMageddon hell this weekend instead of playing Skyrim or finally getting around to finishing Fallout 3 before 4 gets released.

I might play a few games just for the heck of it because hey...I still have premium time from the last event and I still have mechs to master. But 80 games with 300+ score? Yeah...no...

Last event was poorly thought out. This one is lacklustre. Zzz.... <_<

#28 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 24 September 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

You give free stuff and people still find a reason to whine about it......

The nice thing about this even is you can just play. You were probably going to be playing anyway, so just play. If you score 300, good on you, if not, you were going to be playing anyway lmfao.

The problem is, I can't just play. Not the way I normally would (brawler). You know why? Because nobody else does. The miniscule prize of 4mil C-bills gets dangled as a 'reward' for slogging through over 100 matches and the playerbase falls into the trap and drops their regular tactics, loads up on LL, LPL, LRM and Gauss, shoots from >1000m and forgets they're playing on a team. Every tournament recently causes people to play like utter trash, which is infuriating for people who aren't so obsessed with "OMFG PGI GIVING FREE STUFF, MUST ACQUIRE," and then to add insult, people come on here and mention "but it's free guys"

#29 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

I play LPL/Gauss most of the time anyway, so don't really see a problem with this. Don't plan to collect all the rewards but every little small bonus for good score is nice. Reallisticaly this might be one or two extra milions which is basicaly nothing on top of the hundred miliions in my bank that I realy don't know what to use for anyway, but it's still nice to get something? Haha, I like how everyone goes tryhard meta mode for the weekend and LRMageddon once again upon us. I say bring it on :D

#30 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

Back-to-back C-Bill earners, and some MC to ice the cake? Cool, THANKS PGI! The couple of minutes I get to spend not at work this weekend, they're all yours... :-D

#31 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:56 PM

Did you not learn from the last event.

How many posts of people complaining will it take this time.

In pugs, you have 1 mech to get the 300 score.

In CW you have 4 to get 200.

The last event was rigged for groups to cheat by playing against teams they know and agree to let them win then return the favour.

For crying out loud, this will be exactly the same....

At least make it 200 for pug and 300 for CW please.

#32 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

But in CW your Matchscore is divided by the number of mechs you used, which makes it nearly impossible to reach 300 Matchscore if you used all 4 mechs.

#33 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

Well this event is definately much simpler than the last one..

But think about this for a second..

Total ammount you can win playing 80 good games (300 matchscore) in solo que? 4 Milion cbills.

Comstar intercept reward for playing ONE CW match and letting someone else in your faction win a planet?

4 MILION cbills.

:blink:

When's the next comstar intercept?

Edited by Vellron2005, 24 September 2015 - 11:05 PM.

#34 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:12 PM

Thanks PGI for yet another nice bonus possible.

To all the complainers out there...
If you would just play normally, we'd all have a much easier time with these types of events. Problem is the greed that makes people try to get every last bit of extra offering, and complain if they don't get it, or worse, using backhand or cheating approaches in the attempt to reach it.

Why not accept that, yes, winning extra prices is nice, but not everyone can win them all them time?

#35 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

@Tylerchu
That is certainly true.
Play well MechWarrior!!
:)

There is no leaderboard, bonus packs or tier rewards on this event.
It is a casual event that would probably give you about the same bonus premium time might.
For 50,000 c-bills, it is just a nice bonus for participating and if you happen to get a nice score.

#36 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

View PostDiddi Doedel, on 24 September 2015 - 11:12 PM, said:

Thanks PGI for yet another nice bonus possible.

To all the complainers out there...
If you would just play normally, we'd all have a much easier time with these types of events.

Why not accept that, yes, winning extra prices is nice, but not everyone can win them all them time?

If you haven't noticed, the people complaining are complaining about how players play when events come around, not so much about event rewards or objectives.

#37 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:49 PM

Yeah, nice and simple event for additional Cbills.

You dont have to play all the matches. Just enjoy the additional 50k when you reach the matchscore.

#38 Hagen von Tronje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 272 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:59 PM

Aaaaahhhhh....I can endure this any more.
Take the C-Bills or leave it. Play or play not.
When everybody is using LRM, fine, I'll will also.
Just stop complaining.
And when you don't like the way, this weekand will beplayed...do something else.
I hope, your lifes consists not only of MWO. My life does not. Do something else this weekend. Nothing and nobody forces you in front of your screen.
Hell....what a bunch of crybabys.....What are you?....Mechwarriors obviously not.

#39 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:04 AM

It's a nice extra bonus! :)

#40 Xione87

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts