Uninstalled In 2013.. Again Today

27 replies to this topic

#1 BlueWaffleBuffet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:59 AM

17 and I think 43. That's approximately my pugging record in the general queue for the last week.

Known retorts to this:
* play with friends!
- i do, and I love that aspect of the game. even if we lose, its fun in that regard.

But my friends and I have jobs. kids. careers. I know exactly 0 people I can call at 8 pm and say "hey lets play a video game." Perhaps the game simply doesnt cater towards people who cant plan it in advance.. but that's a losing business model. This isnt a board game, or even a Wii.

* maybe you suck?
- i do in lights, but in heavy/assault, i average 350-650 damage, have broken 1000 numerous times (will link screenshots if you want to see..) and my leveling of all of the lights i bought at the 50% off has my PSR in 3 instead of higher.

I tell people in my professional and personal life to not complain unless they have a better idea. Well, I have an idea, like it'd seem *everybody* here does, although mine arent outlandish or involving soliciting Stephen Hawking to run numbers to find a game balance.

Create a community. Like battle.net is or was (I dont play games, but I know in the 90's it was good for this). An actual, cohesive, find-a-friend system that you can group people via PSR, geographic location, whatever. Due to the closed nature of the servers (cant pick a server, map, tell a friend which one to join, etc) I just dont see this game catering towards the casual PUGger unless this happens. If we cant pick at least the *type* of people we play with, and its find-a-group-on-your-own or join the pug ****, then unfortunately my time/resources only allow for me to be a meat stick.

And I dont see it happening, so I'm out. I'm not bashing the game or anything, just saying that it's model isnt friendly towards what I want out of a game. I only leave this as constructive criticism as opposed to another player who just uninstalls and walks.

Great foundation, came a long way in 2 years. Clan warfare was a fun idea. But to me it's like a bathroom that only works when I'm at work, and I'd have to take time off to use it. It could be the best bathroom in the world, but I'd never use it.

#2 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

Sorry to see you go.

I hope they do fix their in-game communication interface, but since the community is so demanding on, what I think everyone deems, far more important improvements I think that would be a long time coming.

GLHF.

#3 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

MWO is not a game for casual play, like all previous Mechwarrior titles.

I have a lot fun playing PUGs, but I don´t even think on inviting friends to play MWO.

Edited by PurpleNinja, 25 September 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#4 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostBlueWaffleBuffet, on 25 September 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

But to me it's like a bathroom that only works when I'm at work, and I'd have to take time off to use it. It could be the best bathroom in the world, but I'd never use it.

Man , i wish I could take time off work to use the bathroom at home :lol:

#5 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Blue Waffle Buffet, the professional

#6 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:26 AM

I think you missed one of the suggestions:

Make friends in MWO.

The tools are not great, but there is the looking for group in game where you can find people to play with people you enjoy playing with add to your friends list. There are also many casual units that post in the recruiting forums and if you joined one of them you can usually find unit members online to play with. That part of the game is really the community you might be looking for, yes it's not built in game and requires some work but the rewards of more enjoyable game play are there.

EDIT: And don't sweat PSR. It takes 2500 matches to make it to tier 2, the progression is slow and doesn't converge on what your actual skill rating should be quickly.

Edited by MrJeffers, 25 September 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

Leave your stuff at the door for the noobs?

#8 Odium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

17 and I think 43. That's approximately my pugging record in the general queue for the last week.

Known retorts to this:
* play with friends!
- i do, and I love that aspect of the game. even if we lose, its fun in that regard.

But my friends and I have jobs. kids. careers. I know exactly 0 people I can call at 8 pm and say "hey lets play a video game." Perhaps the game simply doesnt cater towards people who cant plan it in advance.. but that's a losing business model. This isnt a board game, or even a Wii.

* maybe you suck?
- i do in lights, but in heavy/assault, i average 350-650 damage, have broken 1000 numerous times (will link screenshots if you want to see..) and my leveling of all of the lights i bought at the 50% off has my PSR in 3 instead of higher.

I tell people in my professional and personal life to not complain unless they have a better idea. Well, I have an idea, like it'd seem *everybody* here does, although mine arent outlandish or involving soliciting Stephen Hawking to run numbers to find a game balance.

Create a community. Like battle.net is or was (I dont play games, but I know in the 90's it was good for this). An actual, cohesive, find-a-friend system that you can group people via PSR, geographic location, whatever. Due to the closed nature of the servers (cant pick a server, map, tell a friend which one to join, etc) I just dont see this game catering towards the casual PUGger unless this happens. If we cant pick at least the *type* of people we play with, and its find-a-group-on-your-own or join the pug ****, then unfortunately my time/resources only allow for me to be a meat stick.

And I dont see it happening, so I'm out. I'm not bashing the game or anything, just saying that it's model isnt friendly towards what I want out of a game. I only leave this as constructive criticism as opposed to another player who just uninstalls and walks.

Great foundation, came a long way in 2 years. Clan warfare was a fun idea. But to me it's like a bathroom that only works when I'm at work, and I'd have to take time off to use it. It could be the best bathroom in the world, but I'd never use it.

I feel you but what is funny is unlike most games playing casually with friends in MWO is a chore because you get matched vs other very experienced groups. My friends and I have given up. I only float on the forums and play a few times a week. I am sure I will move on when the next game we all want to play together comes out. Trying armored warfare open beta this weekend. It is nice to play a game with friends. Sad that MWO is not it.

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Yep

This is exactly why we need to flip CW on its head, and turn each planet into a huge 10x10km map that can support up to 32 or 64 players. So players can just find an open planet, and drop into it. You don't need to wait for a lobby to fill up, and you can join with any size group (up to 12) Have the maps follow a sort of Planetside 2 territorial capturing thing. Implementing resources that are continually being competed against. bases, repair, rearm, drop zones, and huge central bases. In one map, we can have all the game modes we have now work together. Use resources to make tanks, and planes...

After that, phase out solo queue because it'll be redundant, as you have everything you need in the new CW, and everyone will be working towards one singular goal for territory.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 September 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#10 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

Yea friends is what keeps me playing here. That and I get to own my very own Atlas.

#11 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

Obligatory "Can I have your stuffs?"

#12 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 September 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

Yep

This is exactly why we need to flip CW on its head, and turn each planet into a huge 10x10km map that can support up to 32 or 64 maps. So players can just find an open planet, and drop into it. You don't need to wait for a lobby to fill up, and you can join with any size group (up to 12) Have the maps follow a sort of Planetside 2 territorial capturing thing. Implementing resources that are continually being competed against. bases, repair, rearm, drop zones, and huge central bases. In one map, we can have all the game modes we have now work together. Use resources to make tanks, and planes...

After that, phase out solo queue because it'll be redundant, as you have everything you need in the new CW, and everyone will be working towards one singular goal for territory.

In my opinion Planetside 2 is one of the most fun games

#13 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostSarlic, on 25 September 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

I spent so many hours in that game lol.
And actually I think it'd be really neat to get out of your mech in a captial base on the map, skip over to the factory, talk to a guy, get him to spawn a tank with dual gauss, hop in, rip across the map and rain down on the mechs that are taking over resource collectors. Or come across a lone mech trying to sneak behind your lines to capture a drop site and have a mech vs tank dual.
I dunno man. But planetside 2 with the battletech lore would be so friggin sweet lol.

I really should post my 6 page word document on the idea... but I can just see all the posts "neat, but it'll never happen", "dream on", "you do realize this is pgi, right?"

Oh well.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 September 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#14 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

What time zone are you in? I play about 8pm MST. So do a small group of people I play with. If you're looking for people to drop with send me a PM.

#15 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 25 September 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

I spent so many hours in that game lol.
And actually I think it'd be really neat to get out of your mech in a captial base on the map, skip over to the factory, talk to a guy, get him to spawn a tank with dual gauss, hop in, rip across the map and rain down on the mechs that are taking over resource collectors. Or come across a lone mech trying to sneak behind your lines to capture a drop site and have a mech vs tank dual.
I dunno man. But planetside 2 with the battletech lore would be so friggin sweet lol.

I really should post my 6 page word document on the idea... but I can just see all the posts "neat, but it'll never happen", "dream on", "you do realize this is pgi, right?"

Oh well.

I did as wel put some hours in that game. But i forgot to migrate character my Pro sieben account. Have to start over again. Not a bad game and worth starting over again. Unlike MWO.

One thing i liked was shooting at airplanes. Dakka cannon tank. Riding bofus!

Edited by Sarlic, 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#16 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

View PostSarlic, on 25 September 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

PS2 with mechs? Hnngh, going to need a new pair of pants. The original Planetside had mechs in the form of BFRs, which must've stood for Big F****** Robots. They actually kind of broke the game and didn't make the cut for PS2, though :).

#17 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:47 AM

WTF are you talking about? :blink:

#18 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:48 AM

[...]
[...]

You do realize this applies to 99.99% of all social activities ... ever?
And for MWO it's alosing business model?
Why is it ALWAYS "the others" fault if someone has some serious problems in their brain?

#19 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

just go... no drama. Just go. OK?

#20 BlueWaffleBuffet

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostPaigan, on 25 September 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

You do realize this applies to 99.99% of all social activities ... ever?
And for MWO it's alosing business model?
Why is it ALWAYS "the others" fault if someone has some serious problems in their brain?

exactly, you said it yourself. social activities. i'm far more likely to have my friends meet me for a cocktail than to play a video game ;) if a video game is a "social activity" in your life, then our views of life are too far polarized for us to really relate on this one.

name any other game that requires that much coordination. i dont recall ever buying a call of duty, a racing game, etc, and thinking "man, this'll be great. next week. on Thursday. at 8:30 pm. for an hour."

again, not bashing it, just doesnt fit what my availbility set aside for frivilous activities is. when i DO get those rare times with friends, this game is REALLY damn fun. i just think if they could play to that strength, the game as a whole would be at the next level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users