New Tier System

3 replies to this topic

#1 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

After reading the Dev post explaining the new tier system I see they backtracked yet again on how they said something would work. The new chart clearly shows that moving up in rank relays on the match maker giving you 11 other players that can win the game with you. So good MM teams go up. Bad MM teams go down. How is this based on Individual performance like was said?

Edited by James T Kirk., 25 September 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#2 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

#3 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

Because you can loose and still break even or go up based on your personal performance within the group.

Even in the solo queue you need to play as part of a team to move up.

#4 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 25 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostJames T Kirk., on 25 September 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

After reading the Dev post explaining the new tier system I see they backtracked yet again on how they said something would work. The new chart clearly shows that moving up in rank relays on the match maker giving you 11 other players that can win the game with you. So good MM teams go up. Bad MM teams go down. How is this based on Individual performance like was said?

As far as I know, they never said it was a "new" system. If they said PSR is brand new and different from Elo, let me know, I'd like to see that in context. And if you'd actually pay attention to it, you'd notice its just Elo with a fancy name and them showing us how they calculate the number, and they decided to call it PSR, probably because it sounds better in marketing.

But to answer your question, where "you" come into it is how much YOUR actions affect how far, if at all, you change when your team wins or looses.

People posting stuff like this have serious misunderstandings.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users