Psr Needs Adjustment To Be Sane

63 replies to this topic

#61 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:04 AM

Until damage is divided by the alpha of your mech is will continue to be an overrated stat if you are using it to determine skill. Seems like the OP is just trying to drive more people away from smaller mechs which is not needed at all in this game.

#62 Destoroyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:58 PM

The damage scoring needs to change.

I think a better system would be to reward a set amount of points to a kill then distribute those points based on the percentage you dealt to the target for the kill.

Example Lets say a mech is worth 100 points. Lets say you get a lucky headshot at the start on a fresh mech with dual AC20s. That would be only 40 damage, but since you were the only attacker you get the full 100 points. Where as against another fresh mech you do 300 damage for the kill as the only attacker but are the only attacker but is still worth only 100 points.
This way players are rewarded just as much for efficient kills as attrition kills.

Another example. Lets say a certain mech takes 500 damage before dying you do 300 damage another ally does 25 damage. You did 60% damage so you get 60 points whereas the one that barely contributed with 5% gets 5 points.
This way mechs that barely contribute don't reap more then those that did most the work.

I'm not saying overall damage done should be removed from the scoring system just that it shouldn't have so much weight thrown behind it as it does now.

Edited by Destoroyah, 11 October 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#63 Heartless Saint

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:11 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4720207

Wins with enough damage will increase your PSR
Lose with enough damage will keep you were you are

Not complicated

Edited by Heartless Saint, 07 December 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#64 Biclor Moban

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 204 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

I assume the beginning of PSR had many people who should have been in higher tiers in lower ones causing a temporary imbalance in games. As time has progressed those people have moved on to higher tiers. The game is becoming more balanced even if the scoring system seems to be lacking.
I think it was a mistake for PGI to take 12 months of games to figure what tier you are. The last 6 months would have made player disparity smaller. Myself I have gone from the middle of tier 5 to the cusp of tier 3 just since the tier system started.
Tier system is one thing scoring and compensation is another.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users