Thread Police

97 replies to this topic

#1 docjohn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

We all know there's a SEARCH function. Thanx for that.

We have ?'s that need answered, that we don't think of, or remember, until somebody asks it again. And I for one, hope they come up agin'...

We have NOTHING to do but beat this forum to death with ?'s... We're not playing the game...

Please remember, you are not the be-all or do-all of the Mechwarrior 'verse, nor the "Forum Police".

"The only stupid question, is the one that goes unasked."

'Nuff said.

( And before you flame this, yes, I can spell "question", "again" and "thanks". And 'verse should be a word... "nuff" cuz you made me mad. I liked the shutdown question.)

Flame on...

#2 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

View Postdocjohn, on 07 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

There are no unasked questions here. The search could tell you that. Nice troll bait post, landed me first! Go you! I'm just playing my part in this scripted play proudly produced by the OP... curtains please!

#3 Titus Pullo XIII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNova Roma

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Careful, or the Thread Police will treat you to a small cement room with a curtain and a table.

Thread Police do not have a sense of humor.

Edited by Titus Pullo XIII, 07 July 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#4 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Not everyone flames don't worry. Most are patient and understanding. Some just sit in the forums for way too long and have read every single bit of information this game has to offer... others haven't. I've spent more than my fair share and durring that time I've asked questions that I later found answers too in other parts of the forums but I just happened to come across it by fluke or by searching more carefully.

Anyhow I'm rambling because I'm bored and I need to watch the mechlab dev video again and drool some more... cheers :P

#5 Adm Awesome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't think he's a troll at all, I totally agree, it's rude and it doesn't get people to like you when your first answer in a thread is "There's a search bar for a reason." or something like that. Sometimes people ask questions even if they absolutely know the devs answered it somewhere only because they want member opinoins on it to see what we think, or want to start a debate. Like my thread about joysticks. There's a good debate going on with people on trying to prove why either keyboard and mouse is better than a joystick, and I have to say I've learned a lot of points that I probably would've never known if I followed that guy who responded at first saying "The devs answered that already, learn to use the search bar."

#6 Fastred

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 146 posts
  • LocationMain Office Outreach

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostTitus Pullo XIII, on 07 July 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Careful, or the Thread Police will treat you to a small cement room with a curtain and a table.

Thread Police do not have a sense of humor.

He speaks the truth them thread polices them is like the revenuers yer guilt till proven Innocent... *Whoo Whoo* uh oh here they come best make run for it before they call fer backup.

#7 docjohn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVegas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Just sayin', I paid my money, just like the rest of you.

And even the people who didn't - have the right to post a question. Even a redundant question. This ISN'T YOUR FORUM. YOU DON'T own the game.

The search could tell you that.

You are NOT a mod, and you don't have the right to tell people off, even nicely. But you just did, didn't you?

#8 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Way to play into the trope you are trying to keep from being a trope. Keep going, super troper.

#9 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postdocjohn, on 07 July 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

You are NOT a mod, and you don't have the right to tell people off, even nicely. But you just did, didn't you?

Irony much?

#10 LordDeathStrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

unfortunately this is not the case on the internet, people ask some really stupid and obvious stuff........

Edited by LordDeathStrike, 07 July 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#11 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostBlackAbbot, on 07 July 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

Irony much?

HA, epic table-turning!

#12 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postdocjohn, on 07 July 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Just sayin', I paid my money, just like the rest of you.

I am not the rest of you, I didn't pay my monies.

#13 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

I personally agree with docjohn. Having just had a pleasant/friendly post of mine destroyed by a self righteous, arrogant ******* recently, i can 100% understand where this guy is coming from.
- there IS a search, and sometimes it yields a TON of results that are not really what we are looking for. Or sometimes, as any seasoned forum member should know, search engines can be tweak.
- So if the repeated info is not offensive, or in blatant disregard of the forum rules, then just freekin let it go, and maybe, just maybe, some good info will come of it, or the poster may actually have his question answered instead of having to deal with someone's self centered bull sh!t.

#14 MuffinTop

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,089 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNext door to nobody.

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Postdocjohn, on 07 July 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

We all know there's a SEARCH function. Thanx for that.

We have ?'s that need answered, that we don't think of, or remember, until somebody asks it again. And I for one, hope they come up agin'...

We have NOTHING to do but beat this forum to death with ?'s... We're not playing the game...

Please remember, you are not the be-all or do-all of the Mechwarrior 'verse, nor the "Forum Police".

'Nuff said.

( And before you flame this, yes, I can spell "question", "again" and "thanks". And 'verse should be a word... "nuff" cuz you made me mad. I liked the shutdown question.)

Flame on...

Hey OP there is already a thread about thread police......naaahhhh I'm just kidding. Made yahhh look didn't I, of course not you don't use the SEARCH feature.

#15 Buck Rogers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationMica Majority

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Now I'm not going to wade into the nuances going on in this thread as I forgot my floaty water wings,

However it is worth noting that the "search" function isn't the most advanced thing out there, and if you punch in the words you think might conjure up a thread you're looking for, it might not. Even if it does, the thread that answers your questions might be on page 5 of the results. It's understandable that some people don't want to slog through those pages, so they post a new thread.

#16 Titus Pullo XIII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNova Roma

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:20 PM

View PostFreebrth, on 07 July 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

I personally agree with docjohn. Having just had a pleasant/friendly post of mine destroyed by a self righteous, arrogant ******* recently, i can 100% understand where this guy is coming from.

Well with a handle like Freebirth that might spark some animosity!

Oh and when I think Mplayer, for some reason, I keep thinking of Kali.

Edited by Titus Pullo XIII, 07 July 2012 - 11:23 PM.

#17 BenEEeees VAT GROWN BACON

• 1,217 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSingapore, South East Asia

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostHybridTheory, on 07 July 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Some just sit in the forums for way too long and have read every single bit of information this game has to offer...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:27 PM

See what we got now? Excess pork in a barrel. Doomed I tells ya... doomed! OP gonna get meme'd.

#19 Titus Pullo XIII

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationNova Roma

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image

#20 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

For some of us there are no new questions to ask because we already know the answers and the only thing left to do is actually play the game.

Edited by Hexenhammer, 07 July 2012 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users